The Chronicles 9 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 91 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 91
F4D3
Group Admin

Under the stars of the universe all sentient creatures are born under an element. These elements are what make up the universe as a whole. As they grow up, the inhabitants of the universe may find that they are connected to more than just one of these elements, though that single beginning element dictates their upbringing, as well as the core of their personality.

Fire: Burning with great passion in all that they do, those born under the star of fire have a unmistakable determination, which, as they grow up, may be their greatest strength or their ultimate downfall. Fire is one of the greatest symbols of both sex and passion. The first courtship of any God to be recorded was between Hellarond, the God of indignation, and Flamoris, the God of advancement. When they attempted intercourse, it is said that their passion gave birth to the star we now know today as the star of Fire.

Terra: Strong willed both mentally and physically, the ancestors of the star of Terra are best described as being as blunt as the ground's purest stone, harsh as a thousand grains of sand, stubborn as the sturdiest made metal, and as unbreakable as the finest gemstone. Though the star of Terra does not exist today, many are able to trace their heritage back to it. During the War of the Great Gods, Nekroxis, the Great God of galaxies, alongside his sister Feiarah, the Great Goddess of Worlds, split the star of Terra into four pieces and used them as weapons against their brother Adrulma, the Great God of emotion. After the battle Adrulma was left blinded, and was locked behind the Great Gods Gate, the four fragments of the star of Terra left to drift about aimlessly in the universe until they became stars themselves.

Aqua: Quick thinking and adaptation are the mindset of those born under the star of Aqua. The children of Aqua pride themselves with their innate luck and sense of what's happening around them. While they may not be quick to anger, disturbing their inner peace can turn their usually laid back tendencies into a surge of frantic emotions. The star of Aqua is one of the largest stars known to exist, and can be seen from quite the distance, given the right equipment. Being born under the star of Aqua usually means you have a connection with current events, and enjoy gossip to some extent, as well as being a 'pool' of information for others to rely upon. There is a legend that Ohrsabos, the God of Oceans, once swallowed a piece of this star, spitting it out nearly halfway across the universe, creating an entirely new star in the process.

Nature: Surrounding oneself with peaceful, tranquil, and above all silent environment, are the essence of the star of Nature. Their way of life means everything to them, and change is not something they completely agree with. They tend to be extremely sensitive to most outward contact, and tend to be slow and thoughtful in all their decisions. This star is closer to the edge of existence than any other elemental star, and comes across less celestial bodies than any other star known to exist. In truth, very few, besides the Gods, have actually seen this star at all.

Energy: While one of the most vital elements known, Energy may also be described as one of the most volatile. Constantly moving, full of life, always action, never words. Those born under the star of Energy often move and think too fast for their own good. They rarely ever think through their actions, doing most everything as immediately as it comes to mind. Many wish they would slow down, while children of Energy wished everyone else would keep up the pace. Those born under Energy are at home when pushing their nearly limitless boundaries, seeing what new feat they may accomplish. The star itself is one of the most explosive and destructive forces known to exist, both proportionally compared to other stars and for its size. According to many, the star should have imploded upon itself long ago, and it is unknown as to why it remains in such a peaceful, yet potentially destructive, state.

Wind: Flowing freely from one obstacle to another. the star of Wind is best when left in the hands of fate. Their carefree attitude often irritates those around them, and confusion always seems to follow in their wake, even in the most peaceful of situations. After countless collisions with other stars, planets, asteroids, and other space debris, the star of wind is now essentially a spinning vortex soaring across the universe with disregard to anything in its nearly unpredictable path.

Blood: Heritage, family, our ancestors; the star of Blood holds these things higher than all else. The children of blood believe that we are just a small part of a much greater machine, that only through honoring and working together with their fellow brothers and sisters may they achieve their purpose in life. Tradition and self sacrifice are also often held in high regard by the children of Blood. Though, many would consider them old fashioned, and far to quick to act, letting emotion overtake their common sense. The star of Blood began long ago, when the oldest and greatest stars in the universe became a spectacle of super novae, chunks of over a dozen dying or dead stars flitting out all over the universe. Quite a long time after that many of the larger fragments of these stars began forming together, fermenting into the star of Blood as we know it today.

Acid: Above all other things, there will only ever be one thing to remain a constant in our universe, and that is the truth. Beyond what is proven, known, believed or refuted, the truth is what keeps us alive, what drives us onward. The star of Acid aims to uphold truth above all others, regardless of what the truth may hold. Children of Acid tend to dislike it when information is hidden from them, and are often portrayed as being compulsory misanthropes by those who continue to live their lives built up on the lies they tell themselves. The star of Acid and the solar system surrounding it are probably one of the most inhospitable places in the universe. Once housing many life-giving planets in its orbit, the star of Acid has become unstable as it reaches it last few thousand years of life, spitting out noxious fumes ,as well as immense amounts of radiation, out into space.

Gem:

Sound:

Time:

Purity:

Sand:

Dark:

Light:

Metal:

Ice:

Savagery:

Physic:

Spirit:

Particle:

((Alright... This is all I can post for now, but rest assured there's a lot more birth elements I have yet to go over. And trust me... When I say a lot, I mean A LOT :ajbemused:))

Viking Hoof
Group Contributor

2260898 *kisses fade softly* how do I tell which is mine?

F4D3
Group Admin

*blush* You choose one at the start that you think best fits your character(s), though you can acquire more as you level up.

Not done, these are just six of the TWENTY TWO I have premade... This'll take a while :ajsleepy:

Viking Hoof
Group Contributor

2261375 what is all this anyway? I joined because you were here and I love you!

F4D3
Group Admin

Aww... So sweet :pinkiesad2:

This is just stuff for lore and crap... Might turn this into an RP once I get everything I need out there.

im having a hard time between fire or terra

Viking Hoof
Group Contributor

2263231 this isn't all of them.
I'd join.

hmm no shit really?:pinkiegasp:

Viking Hoof
Group Contributor

2264064 sorry, I assumed you were smart enough to wait to pick something until you had all the options.

I was being sarcastic you bastard

F4D3
Group Admin

2264230>>2264078
Come now you two, no fighting. :fluttershysad:

F4D3
Group Admin

Also, you can get multiple elements for your character as you level up and acquire more Mind Keys.

2261461>>2261375 [youtube=Ne4lIjgWTTs]You two are the cutest couple ever.

F4D3
Group Admin

2264707>>2264230>>2264078
Okay, so just looking at these six options, which birth element would you be most interested in building a character around?

2264879 Hmmm.... I'd have to say Aqua. For they can change easily. Adaptation is a powerful asset to have.

Terra cause I am one stubborn person and I rely rather on brute power than magic

F4D3
Group Admin

2265154>>2264935
Nice, right off the bat we already have two different elements being used. This'll make things interesting... Though, I'm still not done, so keep that in mind, as well as the fact that you can build up a team of characters.

I just added another element to the list, feel free to check it out and tell me what you think. 2264078

2265192 Ukaih would probably be forced to act like one of Blood by the tribes of Zebrica... Just saying.

F4D3
Group Admin

There's a difference between being something and being like something, if he relies on abilities that pertained to Blood(focusing on the use of sharp weapons, as well as using the 'Bleed' effect) then he'd be a candidate for Blood.

what weapons would each element use

F4D3
Group Admin

That depends more on the class you choose, but you'd tend to want to match your species, birth element, and class so that they work well together.

To make it a bit simple, there are three different class types, one for offense, one for defense, and one for support. Just the same, there are some weapon sub-types(I'll get into the weapons themselves later) which are blunt, sharp, and ranged. 2265198

I hope the morning star weapon is added
and how will the classes work (support, offense, ETC)

F4D3
Group Admin

There'll be some weapons like that, also, you can create your own custom weapons once you're a high enough level.

About classes, there are six main classes; Spectre, Knight, Soldier, Brute, Hunter, and Enchanter.

Knights and Spectres are the offensive classes.

Spectres focus more on stealth, and mainly use Short Blades and Throwing Blades, while the Knight is more of your standard fighter, using Long Blades, sometimes accompanied with a Shield.

Soldiers and Brutes are your defensive classes.

Soldiers use, you might have guessed, Rifles and Pistols, being more a ranged form of defense, whereas the Brute are more for close quarters combat, using their Fists and sometimes Great Blades(two handed weapons).

That leaves Hunters and Enchanters as the supporting classes.

Enchanters are your run-of-the-mill mage class, using Staffs or Seal to channel powerful mental magic. Hunters, however, are a bit more complicated. They tend to use a lot of indirect abilities to strengthen their allies or cripple their enemies, using a Bow and sometimes a Lash to set up traps and reach enemies at a distance.

Also, there are hybrid classes that mix bits and pieces of each of the classes, creating new and unique styles of fighting, though there are far too many to get into right now.2265198>>2264078

I new I was a defensive person

F4D3
Group Admin

I'm guessing you'll be the Brute then?

possibly a soidlier by the way speaking of class what about another defensive class based on explosives like a rocketeer and a support class that can make traps helping disable the enemy

F4D3
Group Admin

Stuff like that would fall under the soldier as well, though there might be a hybrid class for that... I don't know just yet.

As for traps, that would fall under the Hunter.

F4D3
Group Admin

2265484>>2265198>>2264078
Alright, I've been really busy, but I was able to add one more element to the list. Tell me what you think.

Viking Hoof
Group Contributor

2265401. I might be a wind born soldier.

2281574 I like acid. :rainbowdetermined2:

F4D3
Group Admin

2281899>>2281899
Nice, all I need to do now is finish the other elements, update the Instincts a bit, and post up some species for you to look at. After that it'll be all be downhill from there. :pinkiesmile:

F4D3
Group Admin

Fair warning though, Soldiers are pretty difficult to play as, especially early on.

F4D3
Group Admin
F4D3
Group Admin

Your ability to use guns properly depends heavily on your stats, and since you're just starting out it's most likely you'll be a bit behind from the beginning. Also, ammo will be a commodity outside of stores and shops, so unless you have a high Capacity you're going to run out of ammo and/or carrying space pretty quickly. And all the equipment Soldiers need to carry in order to be a real effective force in battle will slow you down. A lot. 2281899

Comment posted by Taxes deleted Dec 1st, 2013

what about the brute and other classes if you feel like it

F4D3
Group Admin

The Knight, Brute and Enchanter are fairly basic classes, they don't require as much preparation when playing because their abilities are pretty straight forward.

The Spectre, Soldier and Hunter, on the other hand, are slightly more advanced classes. They can be the driving force in a battle, but only if they're used properly. 2281975>>2281899

2282340 Can you change classes?

F4D3
Group Admin

No, if they're already made then that character is stuck with that class, but of course, you can have multiple characters. If you have trouble picking between classes, you could always try a Hybrid class, as they're slightly more flexible.

Also, any class can use any weapon or ability from any other class skill tree as long as you're a high enough level/put enough points into it.2282313>>2281899

Viking Hoof
Group Contributor

2282109 defensive ranged sounds sorta like me, but I might go offensive ranged. What is this from?

so would a brute and soldier combined be a juggernaut

F4D3
Group Admin

What do you mean by 'where is this from'?

Also, offensive ranged would be the Spectre class, if you built it correctly, or the Sniper class(Hybrid between Soldier and Spectre).

Basically, though there are quite a lot of avenues I have yet to explore with classes and races and such.

2282451 Okay. Then I think a nice hybrid class of Spectre and Enchanter. With some Acid action sounds bloody nice:ajsmug:

Viking Hoof
Group Contributor

2282506 I do best in FPS as a offensive rifleman. In mass effect 3 I took the Phaeston and made it super accurate for a super accurate fully automatic rifle.

So a offensive but accurate rifle man who can split his other time between shotguns and sniper rifles.

what about a pilot class somebody that pilots machines or if possible aircraft

F4D3
Group Admin

Alright, don't have a class for that yet, but I can think of something.

Sounds like Sniper or Vanguard(Hybrid between Soldier and Knight) might be your best bet, but you only want to use guns?

I thought about doing stuff like that, but the system was either way too complicated or way too simplistic for my liking. Instead I created an ability some characters can acquire that allows them to summon a vehicle or rideable creature of some sort.

Viking Hoof
Group Contributor

2282767 unless you have a shotty/axe class, then yeah full gun. How's the vanguard?

F4D3
Group Admin

If you roll Vanguard you can dual wield any two weapons you have, so if you invested all your points in guns you'd be a force to be reckoned with. Also, axes are considered short blades, long blades, or throwing blades depending on what kind you want.

As Sniper, you have rifles and short blades as your already known weapon forms, though that class is catered more to rifles. Rifles consist of any gun, save for pistols. So going with either Soldier, Sniper or Vanguard you can run only guns if you want.

Also, like I said before, you can use any weapon form you want with any class, just not right when you start off.

Also, you're only allowed one weapon when you start off, and the maximum you can get is three. 2282544>>2282535

Viking Hoof
Group Contributor

2282891 okay, what can a vanguard do besides dual weild?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 91