The Chronicles 9 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9
F4D3
Group Admin

While there might only be one religion on the planet of Tezanu, there are dozens of ways to interpret it. When order was permitted to sentience, and the original writers of The Chronicles vanished, three nameless figures were left in charge of teaching its many lessons to the masses to the planet. Each advocate focused their teachings on one core virtue. Over time these values that were supposed to coincide with one another were adapted, rephrased, and translated to the point of nigh contradiction.

Justice: Logic, reason, and fairness. These are the key teachings of Justice. The belief that we must distance ourselves from emotion and personal opinion in our daily lives. Disciples of these teachings believe that we, as those born of the Five Great Gods, are left to be the only judges of our world, and that the written law should be upheld, no matter what, and that governmental rulings should remain fair and reasonable to all.

Peace: As the name entails, Peace is about neutrality, empathy, and charity. Those who practice the belief of Peace are compassionate and caring to the needy and the downtrodden. In this view of The Chronicles, true redemption or indignation only comes from our words and deeds, and how they affect the world around us. Emotion is the most powerful force in our bodies, and Peace teaches us that channeling it properly is the only true way to be happy in life.

Patience: For Patience, the use of mediation, meditation, and moderation are paramount. Of the three disciplines, Patience is most certainly the most grueling. Involving fasting, temperance, and extremely long periods of meditation for those deeply devoted to the belief. The focus of Patience is the employment of thought, the greatest gift the All-God Inpa gave us, ensuring every action we make is thought out and generates the best outcome for all involved.

((Will most likely go back and fix this up later, but I wanted to put this up anyways. Comments on anything will be greatly appreciated))

what if someone or thing is atheist and does not believe in these three main practices

2196713 So these three principles have the opposites of Wildness, Discord. and Greed? Also will the role play be on Planet Tezanu?

F4D3
Group Admin

Atheism doesn't exist on Tezanu, unless they were orphaned or something or never introduced to any of the Gods that live on the planet, though that's pretty unlikely, given how outgoing some Gods are.

As for these practices, these are just the main three. There are many other, though much smaller, beliefs out there depending on where you were brought up. But like I said, these beliefs can be interpreted in any number of ways, so it really depends.

There are actually a few species in particular(by that I mean one) that these beliefs don't technically apply to, but that's something I'll have to get into later.

Of course, not living on the planet, or not knowing about these beliefs is a reasonable excuse to not believe in them.

I'd suppose summing it up like that works, and most of the roleplay will either be on Tezanu or related to it.

so there are going to be cults and spiritual practices and major wide spread religions buuuut not one po-i mean person that has the slightest bit of doubt in any religion at all

2196911 Interesting. On the topic of other religions. I might have to make my own or just a philosophy. One that rotates around Time. But we'll see.:scootangel:

F4D3
Group Admin

Well, I mean, you can literally go up and talk to a God at a moments notice. Hell, if you really wanted to, you could try to fight them for their Godhood, though that wouldn't be very smart.

Also, one God in particular happens to be the monarch of a country.

As for there being ponies, I've thought about it and I am going to have ponies in this somehow, but I'll save that for another thread, which I'll hopefully be able to post tonight.

That's essentially what these are, just philosophies.

wait a minute are we allowed to follow our own religion or just the core beliefs and build off

F4D3
Group Admin

Technically, but I don't have the time right now to get into it. I'll tyr to explain it better later.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9