The Chronicles 9 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 22 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 22
F4D3
Group Admin

Instincts are the mold from which our minds are built upon. All our actions in life are dictated by our instincts, and how we work with, or against them. They tell us how to think, act, and how we interact with the rest of the world. And how we use them can make all the difference in the world...

Vitality: Vitality is one's life force. The spark which burns inside each of us, and makes us strive to live another day. Vitality is the mind's willingness to continue on throughout anything that might be thrown at it. But be warned, no spark of life may stay lit forever. It is only a matter of time until one loses the will to live, and how long that is is up to you and you alone.

Ferocity: Ferocity is one's vigor. The drive to test one's physical limits against any and all opposition. Those who put devote their lives to vigor place physical power above most anything else, and will do most anything to become stronger. Vigor can be summed up as "Power and strength can overtake all".

Fortitude: Fortitude is one's stubbornness. The ability to take all of the world's hardships and shrug them off as of they were but a speck of dust on your shoulder. Those who have great fortitude cannot be stopped for even the greatest of forces, and you'll find very little phases them.

Athleticism: Athleticism is one's physical capability. Unlike Vigor, athleticism isn't about just brute force and over-powering your opponents. Instead, it involves being swift and testing one's skills against themselves. Being swift on your feet and quick to push yourself to your limits are what athleticism is all about.

Perception: Perception is one's view of a problem. The way we see the world around us can change how we live in it, and perception teaches us just that. To know your enemy, you must first know your surroundings. There is very little that someone with a devotion to perception can't understand.

Precision: Precision is one's verbal and physical tact. Every action should have a purpose, as those who devote to precision believe. Regardless of the task, each movement and word should be performed with acute perfection. precision means paying attention to every little detail, and executing a plan perfectly without any hitches.

Wisdom: Wisdom is one's knowledge. A trait that grows alongside time, wisdom is the lessons that one has learned throughout their journeys in life. One with vast wisdom is able to call upon any memory of their life without a second thought. Wisdom may also represent one's cultural or religious ties.

Aptitude: Aptitude is one's drive to learn. So much of life is left to the unknown. Those who devote to aptitude aim to change that. Aptitude is the willingness to learn as much, and from as many sources, as possible, and to use that information to make the world a better place. Though, in most cases, that's just what they'd have you believe.

Deception: Deception is one's cunning. Fast handedness and stealth are just a few of the greatest virtues taught in the devotion of deception. A good mentality to have with deception is remaining unseen, defeating your enemies without them even knowing you're there.

Alpha: Alpha is one's leadership. The will to take charge of a situation and make decisions loosely characterize what being an alpha is about. In essence, an alpha needs to not only have both the personality and mindset of a leader, but be able to work with, and under the leadership, of others respectfully.

Capacity: Capacity is one's memory. When times are tough, you need to be able to call on any and everything at your disposal, having more can make just as much a difference. Being able to withhold and call upon information is key to solving any and all problems, so wouldn't it be best to make sure you have as much information on hand as possible?

Concentration: Concentration is one's attention span. In the midst of a crisis, the last thing you want to lose is your focus. If you ever want to reach your full pull potential, you need to be able to concentrate long enough to make it a reality, lest you fall to the whims of insanity.

Discipline: Discipline is one's self control. Devotion to what matters, the willingness to carry out a task no matter how are arduous it may be. Discipline means forgetting about necessities, and focusing one's skills to near perfection. A determination to do whatever it takes to win, and survive.

Prediction: Prediction is one's foresight. Anticipation of an event before it happens, being able to prepare for the worst and the best as it comes, and knowing the outcomes of one's actions are the ideals that make up Prediction. Even the unseen forces may be known to us through sheer intuition.

Adaptation: Adaptation is one's ability to adjust. Through the greatest of difficulties, no matter what they may be,

Fate: Fate is one's connection to the Gods.

These are the basics of each instinct, or what you should know about them going further. If you want to build a decent enough of a character, you should pick 2,3 or 4 of these instincts which you happen to like, and pair them up with a species and/or class that fits well with them.

2181649 Interesting I like this system. How would you be able to put it stat wise?

F4D3
Group Admin

What do you mean?

As in what stat represents what?

ehh I have some questions uhh what races are there and what effect will these skills have upon us and
ukaih was talking about stats like this:
Strength=31
Cunning=10
Speech=18

F4D3
Group Admin

I'll specify the species and classes in a separate thread, but as for your question, it goes sorta like this:

Vitality: health

Vigor: strength

Fortitude: defense

Athleticism: speed

Perception: Range

precision: dexterity

Wisdom: Wisdom, if you hadn't already guessed it.

Aptitude: Intellect, or intelligence

Deception: stealth, or cunning as you put it

Alpha: charisma, essentially

Capacity: Basically, how much you can carry at a single time

Concentration: both mana and stamina

Hope that helps you understand a bit more.2182285

so that's what you were using the idea of deception for I thought you were going to use it for a story or oc but wow a group

F4D3
Group Admin

yeah... sorta needed a better word for stealth, and deception sorta fit right in. Thanks for that :twilightsheepish:

I sort of think insanity can be a trait as well I mean people define insanity as crazy or unstable but for this version it could mean being able to see what others cant and use confusing words (yes deception will add a bonus to this) to get past people or defeat them psychologically but of course there is a chance that the visions are just delusions I just added that in their to seem more balenced

F4D3
Group Admin

I already have a bit of that in this system, though it isn't necessarily a perk. You see, when your concentration goes down to zero, you essentially becomes insane, and will be 'removed' from play until you regain your sanity.

Although, there very well could be an ability like how you described.

2182494 I like this system. Maybe use it for Weston? On another note need any help with this group?

another name it is called is foreseeing or predicting the future

2182692>>2182642
yea can I help somehow maybe collect some mmmmmm data

F4D3
Group Admin

I doubt it, once I go into the big details of how this system works you'll see why, though adapting it along with Melkor's pnp system might not be a bad idea. As for help, just your general opinion is help enough.

Prediction? I think that might work...

If you'd like to help i have no reason to object, but like I said to Ukaih, just your general opinion on stuff helps out a lot.

2182767 I think if we did that we'd be golden on the fighting system's and such. Then with locations I think we need to prioritize certain locations. But back to this group. I'm always willing to give my two cents!

F4D3
Group Admin

Yeah, Silvy's google drive for Weston is going to help out a lot with the reboot. I hope to be bale to contribute there in a couple months, when I'll hopefully be able to get a more powerful computer.

As for this group, there's still quite a lot to talk about. Species, characters, classes, nations, the gods, and the lore in general will all be needing quite the going over.

hmm... I think if I really buckle down I might be able to post another thread tonight... But what to post...

2182858 I can help with Zebrica! I was thinking you'd want the normal nomadic Zebras?

prediction yes that's the word damn I found your word you found mine hmm guess were even but good luck putting up idea for more perks

well cant have an rp group with out either intro you know showing the introduction of whats happening in this version of equestria or a character creation thread

F4D3
Group Admin

2182886>>2182914
Yeah... Forgot to mention... This lore doesn't actually have anything to do with ponies... At least not yet... Still pondering whether or not I should include Equestria and the like, though I do have a basic idea of where I'd go with that, nothing's really set in stone on that end.

As for character creation, there are three things that make up a character aside from the basics(physical description, back story, etc.) and those are their species, class, and birth element. All of which will be further explained later. Or now. Or whenever I feel like it, really...

here is a another new instinct know as adaptation aka how well you can adapt to your environment for instance if you have low adaptation and your in a desert you are more likely to get heat stroke or burn up easier and if you are in a winter environment and have low adaptation you are more likely to get ammonia or frostbite

F4D3
Group Admin

Hmm... Interesting enough... Though that might be suited under the fortitude skillset instead of it being its own Instinct.

So far both of your suggestions for new instincts make sense, and I do have one other Instinct I'm iffy about adding; fate(which is basically luck).

Those three plus our current instincts would bring us up to fifteen... Which wouldn't be a bad number to leave off on... Hmm... I'll think about it.

fate luck and prediction and 15 instincts yeah that seems good enough to take a break on

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 22