Writers With Learning Disorders 223 members · 1,536 stories
Comments ( 22 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 22
Drakkith
Group Admin

What are you, and your writing, like when you are off any meds you may be taking compared to when you're on them?

I take adderall and if I'm off them I get crazy zombie-like fogginess in my head and a lot of fatigue. I pretty much can't even think, let alone write, at that point.

I'm not on meds anymore, I learned how to contain the crazy... kinda. :pinkiecrazy: Caffein is my medication now, it gives me more acute control.

There aren't really any meds for what I have, unfortunately.

I'm currently self-medicating with nicotine.

I used to take vyvance but it didn't help and when the doc upped the dose, my brain ran faster than Sonic the Hedgehog on red bull.

So I don't take 'em anymore (odviously enough).

Adderal tends to get me in the mood to write. I also tend to take more chances while writing when I'm on it.

2061677I ain't on anything:trixieshiftleft::trixieshiftright::pinkiecrazy:
Used to, in later elementary and into middle school. I could work, to be sure. The teachers proclaimed it was "like night and day."I take this to mean I was a completely different person, nearly, on meds:trixieshiftright:
How to I compensate now without them? I have no idea:applejackconfused: Do I even? Meh, best not to go into too much detail nopony needs or wants to hear, I reckon:derpytongue2:

Great group, yeah!:rainbowkiss:

2061677 usually my first answer would be I feel absolutely no difference when off my medication, adderall, but when I think about it I'm definitely more hyper and crazy or just really depressed. that doesn't make any sense, but what fun is there is making sense :pinkiecrazy:
no, but in all seriousness I think I can get my thoughts a lot more organized and ordered while on my meds, but the creativeness juices don't really work; I'm too technical and logical to allow more space for *imagination*. while off my meds I'm more creative, think up new ideas, yada yada. but on or off I can never get that push to write any of it down :unsuresweetie: yeah, either to uninspired or having absolutely no clue where to start :derpytongue2:

That medication did that to me as well. I was on a non-stimulant for a while, but it only made my blank outs shorter and more regular, so I'd only get about 50 - 75 percent of what less - than - exciting people were telling me.

My organization and will to complete a project are better on meds, as is my time management. But it dulled my emotion somewhat, so I'm quite content off of it for now.

I have another I take for mood swings. I need to take that or my writing is so purple that it reads like :pinkiecrazy:

or my writing is so purple that it reads like :pinkiecrazy:

You too?
Oh, I think I'm visiting this group too much:ajsleepy:

I'm on Concerta. I definitely know a difference between when I write on it, and when I don't. When I'm on it, I am a lot more focused and I get more done. When I'm not, I still have a good writer's imagination but I tend to procrastinate or get more distracted easily.

Luz

Ohgod I was prescribed those same pills.

Concerta sucked ass back when I was a kid :T

Stop taking them like 2 years ago... should've kept taking them :facehoof:

2061677 Metadate CD. I'm able to think better and notice my mistakes with ease when im on it.

Without it I need to put twice the effort out to do any kind of work. :applejackunsure:

I never write with Meds. They block my imagination, but they ware off about 3 a clock, so that's normally not a problem. I've got ADHD, I'm on Concerta 54g + 18g, Stratera 25g, and occasionally Ritalin 10g. When off my Meds. I'm, to say at least, unstable, especially when it comes to My temperament.

Almodt like me, then! :twilightsmile:

Well, I take melantonin to sleep better, so that's kinda important since I need sleep to write well.

The only other meds I take is for my blood pressure. I think they make me less fatigued, so I guess that's also good.

3499460 I would love to be able to write without medication. But the problem for me is actually focusing on the writing and not drifting away. My mind feels a lot more open off the meds, but even when I really do want to write I can't. How do you do it?

Well, it can be hard simetimes, but I feel that if you just know what to do, and listen to the right music, and (preferabuly) is alone in the room, it work. But I will, admit, I'm not always the most effective writer, either. ..

Im too poor to afford meds for my ADD aspbergers and depression, so...

Hard to focus, rushed, and often loaded with references and stolen quotes half the time, and the other half I also want to add a detailed description of every character, every object, and a reason/history behind why each character said what they said and how they said it...

Hey, what a coincidence, same here! Except I tend to mix my caffein with liberal amounts of alcohol. :ajbemused:

That post was made over a year ago. I'm not sure whether I should be impressed or scared. :pinkiegasp:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 22