Writers With Learning Disorders 223 members · 1,536 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

One that's already going pretty strong, you know? But, a lot of other story ideas I've had, I've already pitched out there, and they've BEEN out there for so long, I fear, that they've lost their luster—if they had any at all...

Good? Being able to focus on a single project is an advantage in this trade. Much better than getting distracted by new great visions on a constant basis, like me.

But, a lot of other story ideas I've had, I've already pitched out there, and they've BEEN out there for so long, I fear, that they've lost their luster—if they had any at all...

Ideas are easy to come by. Most of us, I suspect, have more ideas than we know what to do with. Some may be worth investing time and energy into realizing, others may not. We will always have to prioritize. But a good idea usually remains a good idea, and can become useful later.

4747590 It's just really hard to trust those ideas, along with my writing ability, to turn out to be something good

Compared to what? What kind of standards are you holding yourself to, and why?

4747735 well, it took SO much for me to do, but I finally decided to read Fallout Equestria. It still makes my own ability feel smashed,even though I can totally write like that

That's an odd thing to say. What about it made you feel deficient?

See, when I read something I think is awesome, it make me want to write even more.

4747813 It does for me too, but I'm a very slow writer with disabilities, I think. I don't know, though.

4747813 any big, popular Tory makes me feel insufficient, which is why I avoid them, with any sort of ridiculous stats. But FoE, I couldn't stop thinking about;until that hate turned to interest, then into respect. I DO respect it, definitely, but I'm always left feeling wrecked by it, and what's worse, is that I want to keep on reading it

You and me both. Still, while experience is important, there is more to writing than simply being prolific. I spend two years not writing anything due to writer's block, and I'm pretty sure I still came back from it better than I was before. There is an intuitive aspect many overlook: Don't underestimate the power of introspection and knowing your pace.

any big, popular Tory makes me feel insufficient, which is why I avoid them, with any sort of ridiculous stats.

Don't think of them as being better than you. Think of them as having a head start.

I believe that fear holds you back far more than your own shortcomings. If you want to write great stories, you should try to view it as a challenge rather than something that is merely difficult and daunting. The key, I've found, is the desire to master the art or writing. It won't do to just want something that you don't believe you can attain.

If you can see something amazing in your mind, go ahead and try to make it real. The worst that can happen is that you fail, and failing is still better than not trying at all. At least failure teaches you something.

4748820 I feel like I know all of this, but it's so easy to forget about it all and just get overwhelmed, I'm not very productive when it comes to writing, so I see that as a weakness, and it's not even my fault, I don't think.

Thank you for reminding me. I'm going to try and stay up as late as I can tonight. Maybe tomorrow being my birthday will give me a bit of energy

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10