Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18
LunaTheFox
Group Admin

Last Updated: October 24, 2013 - 11:09PM EDT
Download [Standard Emote Table]
Download [Cheerilee Table]
Download [Roseluck Table]

Note: Removal of previous scripts is required before installing these due to a name change in the scripts. (If installed before October 24, 2013 - 4:00PM EDT)

The main script download has been reverted to the original 2.0 download. All in-progress development will now take place on this new development branch so that changes don't get in the way of the working script.

This assumes you know how to install the script and you don't mind random bugs. Things will break. Frequently.

You can view the github repository here.

Completed:
- Blog posts now have an emote panel.
- Emotes now have fimfiction style shorthand.
- Automatic emote spoiler replacement on all pages. (Thanks, Kits!)
- Performance tweaks reduced run time by 350ms on my machine. Script runs noticeably faster.
- Scripts renamed for proper capitalization of the site name ("Fimfiction Emote Extender" > "FIMFiction Emote Extender") Will require uninstallation of previous scripts!
- Add emotes to preview post function.
- Can now edit comments using FIMFiction style shorthand. Emotes will parse correctly when submitting edits. Also converts images into the correct shorthand for easy editing.
- Removed an RD emote that I decided doesn't fit that nobody even used. Will find a suitable replacement.

To Do:
- Emote panel in PMs.
- Emote panel in new forum threads.
- Fix up CSS in added panels.
- Finish emote naming.
- Clicking emotes inserts fimfiction style shortcuts instead of [img] links.
- Emote resizing based on %. Allow use of non-standard emote sizes.
- Add Sombra, laughing Dash, Daring Do, and Bat Pony emotes.
- Documentation for creating custom tables.

Known bugs:
- Script settings tab appears multiple times on manage_user pages when viewing the groups page. (Managed to replicate, now I need to fix it.)
- Script fails to create a comment when previewed before submission. Page reload is required. Fixed. Comment previews and submissions should work as intended now.

LunaTheFox
Group Admin

Probably taking most of the week off of development. Relatives are coming at the end of the week and the house needs a thorough cleaning. On top of that, I'm working on getting the first chapter of my new fic out of the way as well as writing a song. The current beta script should be stable enough for regular use, but there's still a few bugs to iron out.

Busy busy busy.

Yay got it working again.

Knighty must have changed something today.

The panel is broken now and I know it was working yesterday. The addon emote panels still work just fine, aside from the wonky placement.

It's actually a little reassuring to know I'm not the only one seeing this.

LunaTheFox
Group Admin

2336758 2339484
I had a hard drive crash with my operating system on it, so I'm unable to work on fixing that right now (I haven't lost any data, thanks to extensive backups), but once I get up and running again and finish some work on other things that need doing, I'll fix the script up.

Cool.

No rush, though.

Um, a few days ago, all my emotes stopped appearing. Have you heard of this before?

You may want to get ready to do some reworking on this script...

It's not live yet, but if knighty showed a screenshot, it's probably coming...

--arcum42

LunaTheFox
Group Admin

...I hope that's only for editing.

It's possible. It's still a good time to think about how to change things if it isn't. Of course, there's only so much that can be done before it's live. He only showed that screenshot a few hours ago, so we've probably got some time...

Simplest way, of course, would be to inject back in the sidebar, or move everything into the new area. I'm not sure how good the latter would look, though.

--arcum42

LunaTheFox
Group Admin

Yeah, I'll just have to wait and see. Injecting in the sidebar is harder than it sounds. It's the reason why the script doesn't when submitting or editing blog posts yet. I could never get it to work quite right. I'll be taking another stab at that when I go to update the script next.

Well, here we are, the update has been done, and the emote script's now broken. It looks like we're dealing with div class "drop-down drop-down-emoticons" now. It looks like he redid the code for inserting them, too, just looking at the html.

Just thought I'd let you know, in any case...

--arcum42

Further on this: I think that div is actually created when you click the button, so we can't just overwrite the div. We'll probably have to make the button run our own routine or add a new button.

--arcum42

LunaTheFox
Group Admin

Argh. Of course this hits right as I leave on a business trip. I'll get to this as soon as I can, but it may be a little while. At the very earliest it'll be late tonight (CDT).

3743715 So, shall we assume that this update is... challenging to say the least? :P

LunaTheFox
Group Admin

You could say that the 3 weeks of 12 hour workdays away from home were pretty challenging. I'm just settling back in, so I'll be getting to an update sometime this week.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18