Vent 127 members · 74 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

My mom is trying to get me into the employment line. I've tried this for the past two summers and failed. I'm not giving up though. This summer is almost over and mom is pushing me to get a job now. When I get into school I can't work the same as if I was free 24/7. I can't juggle school and a job. Don't get me wrong, I want to work. I'm not that damn lazy. In fact, I'm sick on being lazy, but for my mom to force an open interview on me that I have to go to TOMORROW and that I'm not PREPARED FOR is stupid!!! I can't just wing it! And for her to do this, expecting me to get the job this time unlike all the others, is way worse. I have no experience. I'm not like most teens who can just walk into a store, dress up or not, and say "Hi! I'm so and so! Can I get a job here?" This is exactly how my boyfriend got his first job..... No joke. He told me that he literally walked in and asked for an application, sat in the property, wrote out the form, turned it in, and got the job!!........... Eeyup... I don't have that kind of charm or confidence to do that.... I hate this... WHY WON'T ANYONE HIRE ME!?!?!?!?!?!?!? :raritydespair:

WHY WON'T ANYONE HIRE ME!?

That's not the right attitude. You'll get hired not when the employers decide to help you out, but when you get yourself into the position when you can help out the employees. They're the ones with a problem, and you're the one with the solution.

As I am still not old enough for this kind of thing I can only tell you to keep trying and never give up! (If I owned a company of any kind I'd hire you. ;))

5389820 Yay!!! :yay:
5389788 That still doesn't change the fact that my mom is making me go to some interview I'm not ready for. And please don't say "That's life! Not everything in this world is easy!" or something like that. I know that life's a bitch, but going to the Golden Gates ain't so rainbows and kittens either.

5389852 How much time would you need to prepare for the interview? You still have enough to read up on the basics, no?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5