Pregnancy 1,948 members · 1,293 stories
Comments ( 23 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 23
Smiles
Group Contributor

Yay, I made an awkward thread! :pinkiehappy:

Do ponies give birth head or feet first? I know horses are feet first, but that's because they have long legs. Ponies have fat heads and short legs though like humans.

I think its heads first at the moment, any input?

I'm totally not making a story about this.

What I thread to see while I writhe in bed from a fever and a headache.

Honestly, I don't know. I can't provide no answers because i'm not an animal enthusiast . I was not useful at all. HAVE A GREAT DAY! NYA~

Smiles
Group Contributor

Oh dear, a fever and a headache? :fluttershysad:

I hope you get better.

Um...um....um...um...um...um...um...um..um

Someone reboot me, I'm broken

Haha, silly Smiles. I apologize. I shouldn't be short with you. Hi, how've you been lately?

Smiles
Group Contributor

Awkward threads for the win! :pinkiehappy:

Smiles
Group Contributor

Been cycling through which stories I want to write. One FO:E, one TCB, and the aforementioned topic above.

Kinda waiting on RoM 'cause I feel I need more practice in other areas before going forward with my flagship.

Oooohh, you want to write a Fallout Equestria fic? Neat!

Smiles
Group Contributor

It'll only be a oneshot like that TCB story, but my perfectionist side keeps making me write everything all over again. :raritydespair:

You gotta beat that perfectionist side with a stick! It'll never get done if you keep listening to it!

^ Listen to this guy! He knows what he's talking about! As for the actual topic of the thread .... Like humans I guess. Not much help I know.

Kaminoyouni
Group Admin

I'm fair sure in most if not all species that give live birth that the newborn comes out head first.

Sadie
Group Admin

In the one time I've written an actual birthing scene, both times it was legs first. Although I guess it would be interchangeable to be honest. Whichever way the foal decides to come out, or whichever is more comfortable for the mother.

And do remember that horses by nature have much better pelvises for this sort of thing, so there's presumably a good amount of slack to work with.

All in all, it's up to whatever you think works better. :twilightsmile:

Oh and as the group owner, I humbly request demand with punishment of death a sneak peek of what you have in mind perhaps?

Smiles
Group Contributor

“Prostaglandins, check! Relaxins, check! Oxcytocins… Ooh, where’s that foal? Midnight, could you please bring me that purple vial I left in my room?” she called out with her soft and bubbly voice, almost like a child but with a volume of maturity.

I've never written any sort of clop before, let alone this kind of fetish. I feel so dirty. :applecry:

I left out messy juicy parts because of site rules *I think*

Sadie
Group Admin

For a while, I thought you meant details out of the story itself, and I panicked. :raritydespair:

Anyway, you shouldn't feel dirty. Birth is a wonderful event, and enjoying it shouldn't be considered a bad thing. I certainly don't. :rainbowwild:

Smiles
Group Contributor

I made it really, er, erotic though... :twistnerd::twistnerd::twistnerd:

Sadie
Group Admin

So? I've written about Celestia birthing a human version of herself, birthing a filly version of herself.

And then Twilight does stuff...

If it helps, you can't possibly get more erotic than me.

:twilightoops:

Smiles
Group Contributor

You tempter you. You're trying to get me to reveal more, aren't you! :trixieshiftleft:

I'll be watching you... :rainbowkiss:

Sadie
Group Admin

No I'm not, I swear! :pinkiecrazy:

Usually, for ponies, i think it is forehooves first. Don't take my word for it though.

Sadie
Group Admin

Having done some research, you're quite right actually. It's forelegs first, and continues from there.

The term you're looking for is "breech birth" or "breech delivery," where the hind-feet present first. I've got the vague notion that it's generally okay, but requires more help from the delivering vet, and has potential to go wrong in various nasty ways.

Other than that, I really don't know anything about it personally, but you should be able to google it and get all the information you need.

Most pony births are forefeet first. Fluttershy's birth scene from the story Dashie's Foaling is a great example of a breech, tho.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 23