Pregnancy 1,948 members · 1,293 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4
Vexy
Group Admin

It's a topic that's been broached a few times before, but I get the feeling that a lot of people have different opinions on the matter. The matter of course being

Pony Hybrids

That is to say, the offspring of a pony and a non-pony.

So let's have a look at one of the big reasons I'm asking this question: Sparity. While I personally don't ship this ship myself, it's easy to see why a lot of people do. Age differences aside, what I wanted to get at was the race difference, and I mean that on a solely physical level—can a dragon and a pony produce offspring together?

I've browsed several threads of different arguments, arguing over the impossibility or credibility of the idea. Some have suggested Kirins—A creature that is a mixture of pony and dragon—while others have suggested that offspring could be purely dragon or purely pony. The obvious final argument is that they simply can't produce any offspring at all.

Which is really what I wanted to dig at. Do you think that the child of a pony and a dragon would be a kirin? Or perhaps a blend of genes? Or perhaps you think that it's impossible because dragons are reptiles and ponies are equines?

Well how about this: Changelings.

Changelings are pony-like in appearance, and they can shapeshift into ponies at will. With this in mind, is it possible for a changeling and a pony to produce offspring? Again, how much changeling and how much pony would they be?

With dragons I tend to apply the same stance that D&D has. That they are so innately magical that their genetics are rather mutable, allowing them to crossbreed with virtually any creature. Such creature would be half-dragon of course and be rather scaly.

Changelings are a little more complicated. They seem equinish in nature so it might be possible. Whether or not they breed true is a different story. It would depend on whether or not they operate as most insect hives do and most changelings are female and sterile with a few virile males that are devoted to the queen. But then again, it doesn't seem like they have a hive mind anyways. So sure, they can crossbreed. Besides, I like how Anonymous Pegasus did things anyways.

Dragons have been depicted in mythology to be able to mate with almost anything, ponies have magic making a crossbreed with another species possible though probably not easy. I have long been interested in hybrids, especially human x pony hybrids, if I had my guess they would probably either be anthro or look like Centaurs.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4