Pregnancy 1,948 members · 1,289 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
Sadie
Group Admin

So, given my history with back problems, and the fact that I'm experiencing one right now, I thought it'd be a great time to revive the discussion threads with something that isn't quite that often covered in stories.

Things like:

Morning sickness.
Growing appetite.
Weight distribution. (Back problems as mentioned.)
Stretch marks.

Admittedly, these are problems we would normally associate with ourselves, since horses seem to have a better idea of how to actually make babies, but given the show's nature I thought it'd be handy to cover them anyway.

Now, while I can't really say a whole lot about some of those issues, I can say that I've had experience with stretch marks. (On my back of all places.)

They're rather nasty red lines that will more often than not swell up, forming a criss-cross pattern depending on just how extensive they are. I can feel at least a dozen. Obviously they're not really anything to be concerned about, they just look pretty damn ugly.

Yes, maybe pony fur would cover them up anyway, unless of course the fur doesn't grow at an exceptional rate. I can imagine that in that case, either bald strips would begin to appear, or the whole area would become a lot thinner. Not a pleasant thought at all, but it might just be interesting to explore in detail.

Ouch. Bald spots due to pregnancy. I wonder if pony skin is pink underneath.

It wouldn't be so much of morning sickness, given that they're horses and lack more of our crazy hormones, but more likely a lack of appetite and a general feeling of being unwell for he first few weeks of the pregnancy. Then comes the bloating, and the painful back and joints.

I wonder if they'd need special saddles?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2