Nightmare Moon Is The Best Pony 1,932 members · 781 stories
Comments ( 55 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 55
Caesar Salad
Group Admin

Before I start, I'd like to apologise for taking so long to get this contest up and running. I've had a lot on my plate recently, college and all. Fortunately things have quietened down now, so now's a better time than any :pinkiehappy:

So what will this new contest entail? Well it'll be much the same as our last contest, just with a few small differences:

Contest rules:

1) Write a story based on one of the pictures below. This story must have a word count of between 2000-8000 words. We aren't to strict on this however - if you end up going slightly over, that's fine. :twilightsmile:

2) The story must be clearly inspired by one of the pictures (Your cover photo should be whatever picture it was inspired by, it will make it easier for both us and you. You can change it once the contest is over :raritywink:). This may present itself as a theme or a scene, or whatever. If we think that it strays from the point too much, then it'll get a boot. If we have to ask you how it relates to the picture after reading, chances are that you have failed. :fluttershysad:

3) The contest ends on the 23rd of March. This gives you guys and gals two weeks to write a good short story. You may submit at any time, but not after the deadline

4) If you intend to enter this contest, leave a reply to this thread that you are first or PM me. When you have completed your fics, link it in a reply to this post or PM me. They will then be added to the entries folder, which will be locked to prevent any adding of fics without our consent. Remember to state in the description that it is an entry for this contest, it'll make things easy

5) No, I'm sure they won't notice if I just copy and paste the rules from the last thread Pearple. Just go with it

(All credit goes to the artists who made these, not us)

Anyway, good luck with the contest everyone, we picked three very different pictures which will hopefully suit everyone's writing tastes:rainbowdetermined2:.
And remember, do have fun :raritywink:.

Do you think they're gone? Thank god, I'm glad they didn't notice all the copy and pasting I did

Slightest chance on the sources of those images?

All of this contest picks look rather nifty. :heart:

Caesar Salad
Group Admin

It's a sequel, it has to be mostly unoriginal :twilightsmile:

Glad you like the pictures though :yay:

Numero uno is mah jam. :pinkiegasp:

Caesar Salad
Group Admin

That was what I was going for when we made it... jam :pinkiehappy:

Caesar Salad
Group Admin

Awesome, good luck good sir/madam :pinkiehappy:

2984947 You know what?

I'm bored. I don't feel like revising stuff.

I'm in.

Caesar Salad
Group Admin

Heh, good to hear. Good luck :pinkiehappy:

2984947 My response to the second image:

Also, I'm in.:raritywink:

Caesar Salad
Group Admin

Yes, I thought you'd might like that one

2985761 Yes. Very very yes.

Also, is it okay if this entry is a sequel to my last entry?:duck:

Caesar Salad
Group Admin

If it's based off one of the prompts, then yes :pinkiehappy:

Caesar Salad
Group Admin

Excellent, good luck :pinkiehappy:

I'm going to try and finish my story in time.

Caesar Salad
Group Admin

Great, good luck :twilightsheepish:

Is it alright if it ends up being 400 words under? You have no idea how hard it is to add them in. I won't be able to work on it over the weekend, so I'm trying to finish it today.

Comment posted by Pump It Up deleted Mar 21st, 2014
Caesar Salad
Group Admin

If it's for the entire fic then no, the rules still stand

Dang it! :twilightangry2: Then I might not be able to enter this one unless I can get it 400 words between now and Sunday. :ajsleepy: Thanks anyways.

Caesar Salad
Group Admin

2984989 3135108 2990748 2985683 2985260 2985047
This would be in a thread, but due to the recent events with el dictator knighty this will do for now

Hear ye, hear ye! All those who have considered entering our contest listen, for we have made suitable changes due to the current events:

1: Contest deadline has been changed to march 30th. Hopefully another week will give the mods a chance to fix the lack of thread notifications, so that we can then release the results in an effective manner. This will also give those of you who haven't finished yet another chance to enter

2: After a little talk with my fellow admins (primarily pearple), we saw fit to lower the minimum word count to 1000 words. As he put it:

i've read some really good stories that are about 1000 words or so long

Good luck to all of you in the contest, and vote for me in the next mod election. I promise to be only half as evil as dictator knighty :moustache:

Cool! I might still try and tack on more words, but for the time being, I'll enter the story.

Lunar Limbo

Also, what election? Or are you just being silly?

Caesar Salad
Group Admin

Supreme leader Ponyeffect is never silly. Also thank you :twilightsmile:

So I saw this group and thought why not? Then a I saw a contest, took a look at it, read through the comments for it. Once I saw that you had lowered the word count to 1k and postponed the due date, I think I'll try my fingers at this. Picture number 3 is the thing for me.

Caesar Salad
Group Admin

2984947 Damnit, there goes my spot at the top of the group page... :raritydespair:
I don't think I'll be entering this one since even if I did win by vote I think it would be unfair to take the spot twice and I have a lot of work to do *Cough cough* playing Counter-strike *Cough cough*. :rainbowwild:
But it seems like you have plenty of entries this time around, so hopefully it all goes smoothly. :pinkiesmile:

Caesar Salad
Group Admin

There's always the third contest :raritywink:
That's fine though, I was going to say it would be rather awkward having the same winner twice. The same goes for admins too, which is why I've refrained from writing so far :twilightoops:

3141207 Yeah, I guess it might look kind of suspicious if you entered and won it on your own group... :derpytongue2:

Caesar Salad
Group Admin

I don't know, I might do it at some point, but exclude myself from those who can win. Just for fun you know? (And the free advertisement)

3141225 Always the free advertisement ;)

I have quick question for the judging. How are the fics going to be judged?

Caesar Salad
Group Admin

The admins will vote on it, nothing too complicated really :twilightsmile:

Okay, awesome. I thought it was gonna be based on site popularity or something. like that.

Caesar Salad
Group Admin

That would be unfair, some users are more well known than others. They'd almost certainly get more views/likes because of it :unsuresweetie:

The 30th needs to hurry up and get here already! :flutterrage:

Since thread notifications are still down, will the contest still end today or will it just be postponed?

Caesar Salad
Group Admin

It'll probably end, we can't just keep postponing it :twilightoops:

Caesar Salad
Group Admin

3139147 3161165 3141215 2990748 2985683 2984989
Supreme leader Ponyeffect speaking, pay attention servants of the moon. Contest 2: the sequel is officially over. We can't accept anymore entries I'm afraid, otherwise we'll never get this done :twilightsheepish:

As per knighty infinite wisdom (whereby he focuses on unnecessary changes rather than the problem at hand), the threads still aren't working properly, so I decided to alert you here. I will also do the same when we release the results (in a new thread), depending upon whether the problem has been fixed.

Thank you for all you entries, you have pleased you dark queen... for now

3162890 At least we got one or more stories from every prompt!

So, when are the results for the contest gonna go up? I'm dying with anticipation over here!

Caesar Salad
Group Admin

The other admins are still reading them, I'm afraid you'll have to wait until then :twilightoops:

*That whiny Rarity voice* Fiiiiiiiiiine

3162890 This dark queen was not informed.:ajbemused:

But this one is sure he'll get over it.:trollestia:

~Am_Z

We getting any closer to figuring out who won? The contest ended 2 weeks ago, and most of the entries are really short. I mean, I hate being that guy, but the suspense is killing me :fluttershyouch:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 55