Nightmare Moon Is The Best Pony 1,935 members · 783 stories
Comments ( 21 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 21
Note Pad
Group Admin

The date is August 31st. The final day of our Summer Writing Contest is finally here.

I was a bit skeptical about extending the contest this long, but now, looking at all the great stories in the submission folder, I see it was the right call to make. Any further stories have until midnight tonight (CST) to be submitted. At that time I will lock the folder and deliberations can begin to select the few who will win the fabulous prizes on offer.

Luna Laudate

Will the honorable mentions be shown?

JackRipper

Good luck everyone. :twilightsmile:

Note Pad
Group Admin

Hadn't really thought of it. I'll talk to the other admins about it

The Bricklayer
Group Admin

Yeah... About that, I've contacted you on both PMs and Discord on my picks for the winners. Would really love to hear back from you.

Do you know when the places will be announced...?

The Bricklayer
Group Admin

Honestly, I don't know. I've nominated my picks, and Norris says he's doing write-ups of each story, but I've heard nothing from Soarin', so I really don't know when anything's going to be announced. God, this whole contest has been a mess from start to finish.

Caesar Salad
Group Admin

Nice to see my group has been doing so well in my absence. :raritywink:

In all honesty though if you need my help with this contest you only have to ask. Though I've officially given over control to Nightingale I am still the main admin and I can come back and help sort things out if needed.

The Bricklayer
Group Admin

Trust me, we need the help considering both Norris and Soarin aren't doing jack squat. Nightninggale told me he was taking drastic action, but I don't know what that is.

Caesar Salad
Group Admin

I haven't asked him what action he's taking yet, I was just hoping Nightningale could sort it out himself. I handed over control to him, and I'll give him more time to sort it out. I will ask him about it if he hasn't sorted it out soon though.

I'm afraid I don't know either, I'm not even part of the Skype group anymore. What have Norris and Soarin being saying? Have they been silent, or are they just making up excuses on the matter? I can help, but since I don't know most of the new admins or what procedures you have in place, it would take me a couple days and my actions would probably be even more severe than Nightingale's.

The Bricklayer
Group Admin

Well, Soarin's not saying anything. He's inactive really, never around. And Norris, he keeps promising to do weekly story reviews and write-ups of the contest entries, but he hasn't produced any of that. Basically, at times me and Nightningale seem to be the only ones who take their jobs as Admins seriously.

Caesar Salad
Group Admin

Funny, neither of them seem particularly inactive on fimfiction. Both of them have shown up as online on here every day since I've been back, though immediately that has been less than a week. How long has this been going on for?

The Bricklayer
Group Admin

Ever since the contest started, which was almost two months ago. Sure, he's active on FIMfic along with Norris, but they've done nothing relating to the contest nor their admin duties.

Caesar Salad
Group Admin

They should've been removed as admins a month ago then. I won't do so for now, if Nightingale thinks he has a better alternative he's welcome to try it out, and I'd need more information anyway.

Do you know what he has planned?

The Bricklayer
Group Admin

Hardly. He wants new Admins and I've been trying to find some but I've had no real luck. Nightninggale's very secretive on what he does. All he said was he was doing something drastic and nothing else.

Caesar Salad
Group Admin

I will ask him myself then, this issue needs to be sorted out promptly.

Has the contest ended yet? It's been quite a while.

The Bricklayer
Group Admin

Yeah, it's ended. Judging's going on right now.

The Bricklayer
Group Admin

Okay, just got an update. Results are decided and will be posted tomorrow.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 21