Power Ponies HQ! 430 members · 218 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

So I bring up this question sort of to figure out what people think in regards to the Power Ponies regular pony appearances. In the episode they are the Mane 6 (because of inter-dimensional travel and because the story called for it) but in the comic they obviously have their own unique appearances.

Thus my question is this, which do you prefer: Mane 6 Power Ponies, Comic Power Ponies, or do you really care?

The reason for that last question goes off of the fact that in a lot of DC/Marvel comics character appearances change over time from illustrator to illustrator (or movie to movie). Like how many versions have we seen of Peter Parker in the last ten years of Spider Man movies? At least three.

So, your thoughts?

This is a tough one. I think the characters are going to be a lot more recognizable in their Mane 6 colors, and those do look good. I think it's really neat, though, that we have official colors for what the characters look like just as they'd appear in the pony-world comic... but anyone who hasn't read the annual where they have those colors is just going to wonder why the characters look "wrong." :trixieshiftleft:

I think both are cool and have their place. I'd love to see more comics like the annual. Maybe after G4 ends there'd be room to go back and do a (mini)series with the PPs, in which case they'd probably use the colors from the annual?

That is a very good question... Though, for one of my current stories right now, my co-writer and I had the Power Ponies be the Mane 6 because we had that version of Equestria be one where the Mane 6 are heroes (Given the Multiverse and what not). But I personally agree with CoffeeMinion on the fact that unless someone has real the annual and is familiar with that color scheme, it may be seen as 'wrong' to some other people.

though, it would be nice for them to do some kind of mini-series off of them. Or better yet, perhaps Spike goes back in at another point during G4, but that's a bit of a stretch

6356942 I agree and considering that most of the writers that I have seen covering the Power Ponies use their Mane 6 forms, it would seem that they agree as well.

So I guess another question to ask is, could there be a happy medium. What if the author combined elements from both the Mane 6 Power Ponies and the Comic Power Ponies for their pony designs. Could that cause issues?

They're much better in comic appearance. But if it "matters"? Eh.

Well, it could be possible that those that were shown in the comics could be seen as a previous generation of heroes while the Mane 6 are like the 'Next Generation', so to speak

6357447 I think I might know what you are referring to by generations, but do you think you could clarify?

Like perhaps the original Power Ponies (from the comic) decided to pass on the mantle to some other ponies resulting in a new group of ponies (the ones resembling the Mane 6) taking on the mantle of the Power Ponies. Is that what you have in mind?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7