Rapper's Delight (And R&B Too!) 18 members · 7 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13
EStatic
Group Admin

As per the title, talk about your favorite hip-hop/r&b artist, and your favorite style of hip-hop as well. Remember though: Keep it civil! I don't wanna have to shut this thread down because of a couple of mud slinging fan-boys/girls.

With that said, let the discussion begin!

Flint Sparks
Group Contributor

Don't hate me for this, but I did like Vanilla Ice's one hit. A lot of people make fun of it, but I thought it was decent. Not as good as Eminem, of course.

not sure which genre he falls under (hip hop or rap) but my favorite has to be Tech N9ne. He's got the smoothest flows out of any rapper I've listened to yet.

EStatic
Group Admin

1870718 Pretty sure Tech N9ne falls under hardcore/underground hip-hop. You're right though, he's got some smooth flows. Another guy I can think of who has a smooth flow is probably Heavy D. He was frickin masterful at his rhymes.

1870715 No judgement over here. I like MC Hammer, so I can't talk anyway, haha. I heard Ice is still doing his thing in the underground scene though.

Witchery
Group Contributor

1870718 I agree.

Soooooooooo, does anyone in here like Danny Brown....?

EStatic
Group Admin

1943023 I find him... weird. :rainbowlaugh:

Edit: posted it at the wrong time. :P anyway, it's mainly his voice and delivery that makes him weird to me, but he's actually an alright rapper.

Yeah it takes some getting used to. Personally I found his style unique when I first started listening to him but what really sold me was his mixtape XXX. Its pretty good.

EStatic
Group Admin

1956565 I remember hearing that mixtape last year. I was at a recording studio, and one of the sound engineers pulled it up online. As soon as he started rapping, everyone in the stuido was like "WTF?!" :rainbowlaugh: I honestly thought it was Antoine Dodson rapping on there lol. But he can definitely be comical that's for sure.

LoL, you make music? got anything you released? I like hearing new stuff.

EStatic
Group Admin

1962649 I'm unsigned, but I can send you a link to my SoundCloud via PM. :P

Now back to music: Anyone familiar with Jay Dee/J Dilla? He's got some golden beats.A damn shame he died so young. Check some of em out:

OH yeah, J dilla is one of the greatest, man. his music is like laying in big fluffy clouds of pure joy. I just wish I could get my hands on donuts I heard it is great.

Also heard of damu the fudgemonk?

EStatic
Group Admin

1965105 I got virtually all of Jay Dee's discography on my laptop, including Donuts and some very rare instrumental tapes, as well as the debut albums of his cousin and little brother Que D and Illa J, respectively. The only things I don't have is some of the instrumental cuts from Rough Draft, Jay Dee-licious, and some of the more recent complications. I'm also trying to get the new Dilla album they're putting out called "The Diary." It was slated to drop this year, but I haven't heard a release date yet.

As for Damu the Fudgemunk, I've never heard of him till now, and I'm definitely gonna look his beats up for sure! :pinkiehappy:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13