Group Admin

I need more stuff to add into the roleplay before it even starts. Like
Provinces
Attributes
Acquiring writers to write news articles about the economy and the public
what money does specifically
acquiring nontrolls to be admins
acquiring enough people to make the rp function as intended
acquiring enough ACTIVE people to make the rp function as intended.
filling in more details about the army
filling in more details about the government
designing tanks
designing ships
designing rifles, machine guns, and assault rifles
convincing people to play as foreign nations and those nations diplomats
getting people to not all want to be alicorn princesses
GETTING MORE INPUT FROM ALL OF YOU!

to get to work on solving the bottom item on out list, I am going to ask a few questions.

1) What would you like to see in this rp?
2) What are you confused about?
3) What would you NOT like to see in this rp (except politics).
4) WHAT DO YOU HAVE IDEAS ABOUT?

-Vikinga

F4D3
Group Admin

I could try helping with the economy bit... But I'd most likely screw it up.

I still have no idea what kind of character I should be though... Maybe once the weekend rolls around again, I can really sit down and think some stuff up for you. I'd kinda like it if this RP was more strategy based, and focused on characters building up their names through this political, social, and industrial revolution.

Right now I'm thinking about what investments a character could make, be it land, a company, or even another pony, and how those risks might help or hurt the player.

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1859869 I thought you were going to be a minister and assistant to Scribble? you can have two since you rock though.

1) I'm not sure. I'm mostly into RP's because other people create the venues.
2) Politics. That is all. I don't follow anything related to politics, and I never will. They're confusing as all fuck and I dislike them.:ajbemused:
3) Dammit, you took mine.
4) I'm a pretty idea free guy.:twilightsheepish:

If you have an event that needs a news article written about it, I can try my hoof at throwing something together for it.

1. At this point, I think it would be a good idea to build a good framework for what the economic/geo-political standing of Scandeneighvia. What is our primary export? What do we have to offer the other nations in terms of trade that would make us valuable enough to war with? Are we in a particularly advantageous strategic position (circa Belgium in WW1)?
If any of this has been covered in previous posts, I apologize and if you would kindly refer me to those posts I will read them more thoroughly.

2. How will the RP aspects be set up initially? Like, maybe a forum post for different areas (edit: geographical locations) wherein interaction would take place? I'm not overly familiar with forum-based RP, so I've got a bit to learn.

3. Players being whiny or generally unpleasant to work with. Every character needs to have standards and limitations and the best way to foster an interesting universe is to encourage a balance of strength and weakness and discourage the Mary-Sue factor.

4. What I'd really like is to be able to foster a sense of risk and danger. I think it should be entirely possible for a character to be irreversibly killed. Of course there should also be consequences for killing another character, such as being arrested and/or executed, encouraging players to keep such tactics to a minimum and to be clever in order to avoid being found out for their involvement.

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1) this is the rp beta, you can make venues for rp to take place in!
2,3, and 4) You don't have to do that much politics at all, just make a few friends and stick by them! also, you could just decide to rp about running whatever it is you run as whatever you are that isnt political!

Comment posted by Viking Hoof deleted Oct 1st, 2013
Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1) besides the Crystal technology (Princess Scribble owns it as the owner of the CUTE congolomerate), they also have plenty of fur, iron, lumber, and some silver. They also act as a major trade conduit for Griffonia's merchant fleet. (having recently replaced Germaneigh in this respect. Read the news article)
2) This is "hopefully" going to be a player initiated rp, where Players start events via their little plots and plans. Butterfly effect in politics and all that. most threads will either be a) a news, announcement, or design posting thread in which players can post their OC's response as quoted in the news, or b) a dialogue thread in which players talk to each other. IM HOPING players start their own dialogue threads to plot and scheme in.
3) that is what I hope to address with the attribute system, players have 3 attribute slots (being a higher rank in whatever you are also counts as a attribute, captain=0, admiral=3) and for each attribute more they must tack on a negative attribute. These will be in a set list that can be added on to.
4) Players can be executed (reasonably) for treason, or be assassinated by another politician, but with magic they run a HUGE risk of being detected or a retaliatory strike. Even worse, most assassination attempts will fail (the rich can buy super complicated defense magic).

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1)awesome
2) awesome
3)awesome
4) *HUG!*

acquiring nontrolls to be admins

I'm willing to try to help as an admin in a lesser capacity.

designing tanks
designing ships
designing rifles, machine guns, and assault rifles

Taking a few leafs out of Fallout Equestria's books might not go awry.

1) I'm not really creative, that's why I enjoy RPing when other people make the venues.

2-4) Yeah, I suppose that makes sense.

F4D3
Group Admin

I'm still miles deep in thought, once I come up with something sound, I'll tell you.

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1860137 then just interact with people in their venues...

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1860128>>1860128

I'd appreciate links for those weapons, and Im hoping to get admins to fill in positions not dictated by elections.

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1860286 sorry, but I think those are already in conflict with the basics of this verse. Look at the ship design thread for details, but in general the reason why it conflicts is because these are manual arms or using magics as basically as possible. This verse's newly forming military are based on the concept of magical transfer and storage via crystals. The renewable crystals can store and convert magic of any form and pass them through a pre formed spell matrix to continually apply the same spell (such as any magic stored in crystals and then passed through a pegasus lift body magic matrix)

Obviously it's not going to be the same, but this gives you a base to work off of instead of having to start completely from scratch.

If you just modify the engines, tweak the designs, etc, I'm sure you could integrate these more easily than you could create entirely new equipment.

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1860340 I prefer pole based pony weps to mouth helds, but that would make sense for pistols...

hmmmm....

The system they use in Fo:E is mouth-based for small arms and Battle Saddles for larger weaponry, which I feel is an elegant workaround for non-unicorn soldiers.

Also.. What means 'pole based'?

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1860401 pole based firearms are easy to grasp and use by any pony by standing on their back two legs (you realize that the backwards recoil would be impacting the softest and most vulnerable part of your mouth and imparting recoil almost directly on your brain... right?), and I agree that the battle saddles seem like a good idea, but problems with aiming them come about. any manuel weapon that is aimed indirectly has a tendency to be less accurate when they are supposed to not be fired in a arc.

they have a long stock meant to be grasped under the right fore leg, and a long lever like trigger for easy hoof use (pony hooves are super opposable for some reason, so I would make this smaller)

The accuracy issue is already handled, take a look at the .gif on that page and it'll show you how the battle saddles would facilitate aiming.

True though, the mouth method would put a lot of force on the head, but I feel that pole weaponry (if I'm understanding correctly) wouldn't really work due to ponies being quadrupedal.

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1860501 pegasi stay aloft in a almost vertical position, and earthponies can stand on their back legs longer in this verse anyway. (they can also use wrenches and etc)

Fair enough.

If this is the method you'd prefer to go with, okay.

Regardless, a lot of the physical designs would still be easy enough to alter and incorporate, simplifying the process significantly.

I can try and get some descriptions down for tanks and airships. Maybe a few drawing.

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1861573 that would be most excellent, "Lord Admiral".

Will get on that. Don't expect them to be up for a few days though.

Ok, raincheck on the drawings. They make no sense, and are just generally terrible. Sorry for that.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 27