Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10
Viking Hoof
Group Admin

AirNaval: Admiral, Vice Admiral, Commodore, Captain.
Airnaval Flightforce: Major, Captain, Famous pilot.
Army: General, Col., Major.
Bussiness: CEO, CFO, Shareholder.
Politicks: Senator, Congressmare, Domestic Diplomat, Diplomat to a foreign nation, Foreign Diplomat.
Nobles: Dukes, Counts, Jarls

Note: all groups have a bureaucrat position (Nobles have Thanes as beuracrats)

Ps. Fielding suggestions, any suggestions.

F4D3
Group Admin

The business area looks to be a bit underpowered compared to the army and political positions. Politics have five positions, which would be eight if you also counted the noble positions, all the army positions together count up to nine, while business only has three.

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1850122 yes, but most of the categories will rely totally on businesses for money. Using the government to fund you plans is sure to make you hated, and borrowing from friends loses friends. Most nobles never work and rely totally on their land income for support, taxing more is a sure way to lose support.

Everyone needs money for just about anything, and the only good way to do that is to have the rich on your side.

F4D3
Group Admin

But that would also make them a bit overpowered then, wouldn't it? Just the same, a business needs popularity and endorsement for it to thrive, receiving neither is a very dangerous way to operate. Not only that, but there really isn't anything stopping someone in politics, or even the army, from owning a business, using their deep connections formed over the years to succeed while others around them fall.

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1850202 businesses are useless by them-self and easily beaten. without a popular face or political backing, they are completely defenseless against those who do.

The popular captains get nothing done by them-self, and politicians rely on the popular and rich to make their plans work.

F4D3
Group Admin

But that's what I'm saying, there isn't anything stopping somepony in politics from also owning a business, and funding their own endeavors. Just the same, what's to say a politician couldn't have fought in a famous war back in the day, getting a purple heart perhaps, or some equivalent.

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1850294 a rich politician isn't as popular, and a political war hero isn't very rich. A war hero who became rich isn't very connected outside the military, and isn't ver well known.

F4D3
Group Admin

I suppose... I suppose...

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1850351 I also forgot the religious positions.

F4D3
Group Admin
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10