Apple Scratch Verse 275 members · 19 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11
Mariacheat-Brony
Group Admin

"On another continent, far beyond the influence of the Horse Gods, a calamity appeared and wrecked all on its path. Discord had come on the volcanic lands of Draconia. Against the Lord of Chaos, the isolated kingdom was no match.

Desperated, the king travelled through the bowels of the land and woke Zirnitra, the gigantic Dragon who carries the mountains of Draconia on his back. He implored the black mythical beast to help his kin to face the Draconequus.

The Behemot granted the King's wish. With his magic, he tore one of his scales appart and cut his hide open before asking the King to collect his blood and to give it to drink to his most faithful generals.

The draconic blood gave great powers to King Heimdallr and his twelves knights, changing them into something greater than a man. Half-human, half-dragon, thus came the first Dracans. After chasing Discord off their lands, the Thirteen spread their gift until there was not a single human left on their lands.

Dragons are prone to greed, greed that corrupted the chosen people of Draconia, Their collected every treasures possible on their island, before moving to the next ones... They've pillaged their ways across the the Great oceans, either on their dragon-shaped ships, or on the back of Zirnitra's children.

News of Equestria's richesses came to Dragon-lords' ears: Stories of a soil full of gems who shone in the colors of the Rainbow, stories about an entire city made of crystals, stories about the golden palace of Equestria's capitals and its vaults full of gold...

Thus, the Dracans came to Equestria for the first time... Meeting something they hadn't expected to find on land of Horses...An army led by two women. An army that was waiting for them to lay a foot or a wing on their sky. An army capable of pushing them back...."

I got carried away, didn't I :rainbowlaugh:?

Anyway, here's the synopsis of the great other magical race of the Apple Scratch Verse.

There powers go from, breathing fires, to partial body transformations: Claws, scaly skin, dragon eyes sight. The most powerful dracans are said to be able to completely transform into small dragons. Some of them show even more specific abilities, akin to those of the many sort of dragons existing on the planets. (Poisonous breath instead of fire, Lightning dragons, certain sorts of dragons are even able to use magic similar to those blessed by Titania)
They are very close to real dragons. whom they revered as their superiors.

That's all I could think off for the moment,
What do you think? Where does Spike fall in between all that?
that's for another day ;)

Mariacheat-Brony

Spike falls under the

Spike - "I'm a dragon, rhaaaw!"
Everyone else - "Aaaaw, isn't he adorable?"

Category

dragon eyes sight.

what the hell do Dragons see that others don't? :rainbowhuh:

Mariacheat-Brony
Group Admin

Their eyes can see much further than a human. They see in the dark (Infra-vision). But during twilight or the dawn, they have trouble to see, as their eyes get used to the change... (Yep, reign of fire reference!:rainbowkiss:)

Yep!:rainbowlaugh:
Great idea!

Good thank you, I love that movie! :rainbowkiss:

2910325 I like how you set these dragon-kind up, sounds like a mighty adventure is in store. Were you going to do a side story or part of the main story (like Applescratch IV or V?) or have someone else cover this or...? :trixieshiftright::pinkiehappy:

As for Spike, I had thought that he was perhaps a scout sent ahead but he was taken in by Twilight and didn't want to have anything to do with his original kind (only based on how and what I wrote for Twilight's story of the Council members, it's your universe, whatever works for you :twilightsmile:)

Or perhaps that he did have a scout-like mission but after years of living with the Sparkles, he forgot type of thing.

Mariacheat-Brony
Group Admin

It´s going to be covered by myself,

As for Spike, I won't say anything yet ;)

2911109 Well, you did ask where Spike fell in all that :derpytongue2:

Just checking, because that sounds rather epic (and even though you have a lot of stories opened already) and I can't wait to see what happens. :twilightsmile:

i like this idea. something for part 4 i guess

This feels like a welcoming expansion to the Apple Scratch Universe! I love it! :rainbowkiss: Can't wait to hear what kind of stories you have in stored relating with this!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11