Total Drama Bronies 48 members · 21 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
SuperPinkBrony12
Group Admin

Now that we've had time to see the latest season of Total Drama, Total Drama Presents: The Rondonculous Race, what are your thoughts on it?

I'll start with what I like.

Don, though he doesn't have quite the same charisma as Chris, is a refreshing new host for the season. He has something that Chris lacked in his later potrayals, as the series went through seasonal rot, concern for the contestants, at least to an extent. He does still have that somewhat sadistic sense of humor, and lack of concern for what happens to the interns, but it's not as prominent. It also helps that he's not as much of the focus as the contestants.

All of the teams are at least decent, though some are a bit one note, and at times it feels like there are too many teams and not enough time to focus on them all. But we've got Owen and Noah again, and Geoff as well (though he's not competing with Bridgette).

This season is a lot like World Tour, in that the contestants travel to different parts of the globe, and participate in challenges themed after the area they are in.

Noah's dry wit, as always, is enjoyable. But he's also starting to fall in love, and the results of that could be interesting.

Now I'll mention what I don't like.

The new opening is an instrumental song, instead of "I Wanna Be Famous". But considering how that song was getting shortened as of lately, it's not that big a loss.

I'd love it if we could see cameos of the previous generations of contestants at various points. It also wouldn't hurt to know what's become of Chris, unless they're planning something special for the finale.

Right now, out of the teams still in the game, I'm rooting for Father and Son to win. And even though I don't find them very compelling, I don't outright hate the Ice Skaters, even they're my least favorite team.

So, what are your thoughts on the Rondonculous Race? Is it good, bad, or somewhere in between? For me, I'd say it's about on par with the original "Total Drama Island".

not the same without Chris. Where's the torment?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2