BONC - Writer's Group 21 members · 51 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14
horizon
Group Admin

Hey, folks!

This coming weekend, my prereader/nemesis Benman is going to be swinging through the area, and I'm going to be chilling out with him for a little while in downtown Sacramento. Anyone interested in getting together?

I was thinking, if there's any interest, we could get together at Temple Coffee from around 2 pm-4 pm Saturday. It's catticorner to Cesar Chavez Park if the weather is nice — and within easy walking distance (5 blocks) of the Amtrak station, which is also a major bus hub.

I'll bring Once Upon A Time (which is always a hit; we can tell some pony fairy tales) and a few other card/board games, or we can just sit and chat.

Any takers? An RSVP would be nice so I'll have an idea of the numbers. :twilightsmile:

Best,

Horizon

Procket12
Group Admin

I would but unfortunately I will be in L.A. that day for my great-aunts funeral.:applecry: Let me know if we could do something else at a later date though.:rainbowwild:

2111081I'd love to join, but there's two problems:

1) I can't drive, and I doubt my parents would drive me to downtown Sac.

2) I'm leaving on 11/8 to go east and see the sights while my dad attends a high school reunion.

horizon
Group Admin

D'aww. Well, I hope you enjoy the trip!

horizon
Group Admin

Good thoughts go with you and your family. That's always tough.

Procket12
Group Admin

Shit happens.....:twilightblush:

2111510I hope I do too. One week of going along the east coast from New York to... I believe somewhere around Conneticut? I don't know, but it's mostly the top right portion of the US. Hoping it goes well and I'll have some memories to share with friends.:twilightsmile:

Phoenix Quill
Group Admin

I'd like to but I don't know if I can afford it.

Also, YOU HAVE A PRE-READER?! How do you get one of those?!:derpyderp2:

horizon
Group Admin

Basically, I found someone who likes reading my things and offers good feedback, and I like reading his things and offer good feedback. There are a couple groups designed to match folks up if you're having trouble finding fellow authors to do that, or you can start asking people you know have liked your stories in the past.

(Right now, with the Royal Canterlot Library starting up, I'm basically booked. :ajsleepy:)

Comment posted by horizon deleted Nov 9th, 2013
Comment posted by horizon deleted Nov 9th, 2013
horizon
Group Admin

Doesn't sound like anyone's able to make it, so our plans will probably change.

If anyone's still interested in a (small) meetup, please drop me a PM by 10 AM Saturday.

(That goes for you too, 2112356. Though it would be good to see you if you can make it into town.)

Rovoska
Group Admin

I log on just in time to see this. Gah! Next time perhaps?

horizon
Group Admin

Ben's trip was a little short notice. I'll try to give everyone more warning next time!

Darn, I havn't checked my FIMFiction in a while and if I had found out about this before, I would have gone. Keep posted if you ever do something like this again, and I'll keep up with FIMFiction

horizon
Group Admin

Well, having Ben visit was a good excuse to see if anyone was interested in a get-together, but if you'd like to meet some of your fellow authors you don't have to wait for me to take the lead. :twilightsmile: There should be enough interest here if you want to pick a random weekend and cool meeting spot (someplace public like a coffee shop is low-commitment) and post a new forum thread asking if anyone's interested. If you can clear the hurdle of scheduling you can probably get half a dozen folks there.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14