The Intellectuals 224 members · 62 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14

The changes to Youtube has done a lot of good. They are finally making an effort to get rid of all the garbage in the comments. I feel Youtube is now much more convenient too, I don't have to load an entire page just to respond to some comment.

So, please stop whining about it. Because it is doing more good than harm, stop looking for excuses to hate Google.

They are finally making an effort to get rid of all the garbage in the comments.

Well, that's one HELL of a wasted effort, then. If anything, spam has become more prevalent than ever thanks to them adding clickable hyperlinks and hashtags. Not to mention this little gem has recently resurfaced:

☻/ This is Bob. Copy and paste him
/▌ all over youtube
/ \ so he can take over
and return the old comment section

I could go on about how much the new layout sucks from a technical perspective as well, but thankfully I don't have to. This video already does that for me.

I want a video site. If I wanted social networking I would go to Facebook or Google+

The new comment system would still suck even if it worked... and yet somehow it's still better than the old one.

I'm all for Google pushing Google+, fuck knows Orkut could've used some TLC, but I haven't been too pleased with the execution of the new comment system.

No, I never hated google, it's one of the biggest search engines in the world and I use chrome because it's more convenient, but to push shit that we don't want on us is just being a dick. To misuse their many sites for their own gain instead of for the customers is just being an asshole.

2162273 Google has a legal right to do whatever the hell it wants with You Tube, it has been that way since Google bought You Tube. Hell, if Google wanted to they could just pull the plug and shut down You Tube all together. Also, what customers? Do people have to pay for a You Tube account? Because last time I checked it was free. If no one is buying merchandise there are no customers. Oh you mean users? Well what made you think Google gave a shit about us, it's one of the biggest companies on the planet they don't care.

Yeah. Last time I checked, you can't reply to comments created before the update. Don't like that. At all. But the requirement of Google+ never touched, me because I made my account through that.

Dear lord if we don't pay for shit how the hell does youtube stay afloat? We pay with our eyes, advertisement companies will pull money from their asses to put their products in front of over 1 billion new users every month. That's where the money goes, if you wonder why the hell they need to care about what we say, it's because WE are the eyes and we can choose whether we place our eyes some place else (Of course since Youtube happens to be the biggest video site in the world, google has a heavy monopoly over our eyes")

Just because we don't pay physical money doesn't mean we aren't customers. either way google had always preached of a world where information was unbiased and free, to stick information that is sponsored in our faces is a direct violation of their past work.

If they continuously fuck around with their consumers soon enough people will get sick of their shit and just spam them with nonsense until they fall.

Even giants can be killed.

2169741 Almost no one will stop using Youtube, because there is no where else to go to watch videos. Other websites like Youtube are either outdated, don't have that many users, or simply suck.

Also, a multi-million dollar company will not "fall" just because some user is butt hurt and starts spamming one of their hundreds of email accounts.

Quite frankly I'm finding myself more annoyed by the people complaining about the changes in the comments of every recent video than I am of the changes themselves.

Yeah I did say that they have a monopoly over the video sharing industry. In theory that's how it's supposed to work. I still think that they are assholes either way simply because they are forcing things that we don't want on us knowing that we have no choice but to take it.

Like a pimp with heroin. We are all prostitutes...We Are prostitutes

I'm sorry I'm not sure where this has gone to

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14