The Intellectuals 224 members · 62 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

I am writing a book currently, not here not ponies but an actual book. And I try to incorporate a significant amount of philosophy into it.
I cant really say, "Ive heard it all" so I am here asking you guys. Do you have anything, even if its cliche, something your father, mother, brothers, grandfather, anything. Just something your family would say, something that when you step back you can say "damn... that is inspiring"
Something you are pretty sure you will find yourself telling your kids some day?
One thing my grandfather told me, seeing that Im six foot seven and am the smallest of my 10 person family, save for my two sisters and my mother.
He told me
"Power, is not the right to do what you want, it is the responsibility to do what is right, and the privilege to be able to do so with your own two hands"
he told me many things like this.
"Do what is right, and if you find that it is impossible then make it as hard as bloody possible for the next man to do what is wrong."
and a personal favorite which may not be so popular here
"Screw being politically correct, how about you try being ACTUALLY correct"

"Do not fear the unknown, but fear your own ignorance and seek the motivation to chase it away." -My Maternal Grandfather.

"If such a thing as an immortal soul existed, then death is the greatest of goods. If no such thing exists, then death is the greatest of evils."- My paternal aunt.

4994596 very inspiring, I like that first one.

"ignorance is the weapon of the weak gathered as if they were strong, if you seek the truth go to the one who walks alone and prepare for death, often it is the price of truth and knowledge" ~ Obadiah, AKA Obi. Friend of the family who is no longer with us. these were his thoughts on politics.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3