TANKS 187 members · 26 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

A little while ago I was in a different group called Ponies and Tanks, and had started a general "which tank is best tank of the second world war" thread. this thread quickly became a flamewar, with accusations about just about every tanks performance flying everywhere. It showed me that there are a lot of misconceptions about WWII armor out there, and inspired me to start a little series that I call Paper Tigers. In this series of forum posts I go into detail about various tanks from the war, grading them on Armor, Firepower, Mobility, Reliability, Reparability, Ergonomics, and Production, and then draw conclusions based on these. in general the goal is to see if vehicles live up to the hype surrounding them or if they fall short (and are proverbial paper tigers), or conversely if the vehicle isn't as bad as history makes it out to be.

Anyways, if you have any suggestions for vehicles for me to cover, or if you want to cover anything yourselves, throw it down below.

Cool can't wait to read these as you create them. I think you should do the either the panzer III or the panzer IV

Panzer 3, 105 Sherman, M18 Hellcat (my favorite tank, partially because of speed and that its name is great), Stug 3, Cromwell, Comet, Firefly, Churchill, Triple Differential Transmission, Cletrac Transmssion
:V

Profile picture says everything!

you will be quite pleased in a few minutes.
I should!
you know that this will happen, someday. theres a reason this is called "Paper Tigers" after all.

can I actually find decent resources on them? that's the real question.

i'm on a bit of a heavy tank kick.
either i'll throw something together on the sherman jumbo because it will be nice and quick, the IS-2 to see if it is good or just russian bias, or the churchills I-VIII to prove that german isnt the only country to make shit tanks.
those are my choices. really leaning toward jumbo.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11