S.S.S (Seriously Sad Stories) 551 members · 1,201 stories
Comments ( 20 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20

Hey guys. Let me start off by saying I read Sadfics all the time and I always see comments like "Er ma gawd I cried so hard at this story!"

I've never, ever cried from a fic before. Same goes for movies, books, and TV. I've been looking for absolutely heartbreaking fics but I can't find any. Fics that just make grown men cry like little girls just don't seem to affect me.

So, I'm setting a challenge. Make me cry. It doesn't make you mean, just do it.

Suggest fics, comics or whatever, I just want to see if I can get some water in deez' eyes. Whoever manages to get the deed done, gets a hug.

Just send the most heartbreaking thing you have ever read or seen please. :raritywink:

Ok. Here we go.
Link
Link
Link
Link

Any of these should work, if you haven't read them before. Also, I can recommend This. There is 4 parts, and I've linked to part one. If you liked it go on a watch part 2-4!

Oooh, so you want to cry. Up for something long and brutal?

You're not challenging me, I'm challenging you.

Twilight's Inferno

3595733 I'm bound to fail, but here goes:

Luna/Nightmare Moon (unbeknownst to Celestia) was with foal when she was banished, and she is forced to give birth in her lunar exile. She attempted to save her last breath of air from Equestria for her foal, but it failed to sustain the infant... and so she died after the air left her--leaving behind her anguished, exiled, mother.

"Breathe!
Please breathe!
...Take my last breath
I held it for you!

There you go...
Good girl.
Breathe.
Breathe.
Brea-
please no...
...It...
It can't already be gone!
That air was supposed to last for-
Please!
Celestia!
Send some air!
Can't you see she's suffocating?!

Stay with mama.
Stay with mama.
Stay with-

...Stay...

...You were to be my dawn..."

Looks like I got some readin to do. Hopefully these will work.

3595977 Sorry pal, it was sad though. :pinkiehappy:

Play Mother 3. It's surprising how depressing that game is.

3596564 Okay, I'll try again. It was confirmed, that this story of mine made people cry, and I won't even tell you what it did to me when I wrote it. Perhaps it can do the same for you.

For the maximum effect, you need to skip the first chapter. Only having the second chapter is how it was originally written. Here it is: Princess of Friendship

3595733 Read my story Fluttershy Batwings it is really sad infact I started to cry when I was writing the later chapters

People seem to have found my story tear-worthy.

Alone

Don't worry. It's short.

I read Alone. It was really good. Didn't make me cry, but it definitely was a kick in the gut. I think it didn't affect me like it should have because I wrote something very similar and with much darker tones in the next-to-last chapter of Lightning's Bolt pretty much right before reading it, so I was already 'adapted' to the topic.

I would have suggested Lightning's Bolt for this thread, but the tears that it brings up tend to be happy ones.

Holy, that story physically hurt. In a good way. That was really sad, you almost got me, I felt myself getting stuffed up. The stories you guys are sending get more sad each time. :fluttershysad:

3595733 Perhaps songs are your weakness.

3667505 Sorry. I'd say my weakness is Sweetie Belle fics, keep that in mind if you try again. :raritywink:

3668318 I see. Well, in that case, the following paragraph is from my Sweetie Belle novel:

She smiled at me, and stepped closer. Her hoof raised and slowly drifted toward me. Was it all just a test. Will she knock the knife out of my mouth, and congratulate me for my determination? My skin on top of my foreleg stung as I increased the pressure of the sharp blade against it. Her hoof touched me on my forearm, just below the knife. Did I impress her enough? It slid down my foreleg, to my hoof. What is this now? Is she trying to seduce me? Doesn’t she know I’m hers already? Her head drifted closer and her nose brushed against my mane. Yes! I’ve proven my worth. It really was just a test! Her lips tickled my ear as she whispered, “Along the street, not across it!”

I'm guessing Twilight's Inferno didn't do the job. Well heck, I think I don't have anything. Then again, does the 'why' of the tears matter? Like, do they have to be sad tears? :trixieshiftright:

3669121 They can be any type of tears, just make the feelz happen.

If the end of Twilight's Inferno didn't do it for you, then the end of this most certainly won't, either. Regardless, I'll throw it in there anyway: Lightning's Bolt.

3670686 No I'm only half way through Twilight Inferno, when I finish it I'll tell you if it worked. :rainbowlaugh:

Ooooooh. I just figured that, since I hadn't received any commentary in a long while, you'd read through it and wasn't impressed. :twilightblush:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 20