The Known World 327 members · 84 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
Prince_Staghorn
Group Admin

Armadrakes are among the most heavily-armored of all dragons, to the point that it is surprising they can manage to fly even when one takes into account the size of their hydrogen sacs. However, Armadrakes, long thought to be nigh-impossible to harm, have one critical weak spot, as was proven when a more malicious example of the species went against a knight.

The Wantley Dragon, his name lost to time, settled himself near the Trottingham town of Wantley and promptly terrorized it, eating three children, numerous bovine natives, nearby trees, and even the materials making up the houses.

After several weeks of this, the townsfolk sought out a knight, agreeing to give the stallion whatever he asked as long as he got rid of the dragon.

The knight agreed, fashioning a suit of armor covered with spikes ranging from 5 to 6 inches in length and sallying forth to fight the reptilian foe.

The townsfolk, having nothing better to do, gathered around in curiosity to watch the fight, which lasted several days, neither opponent managing to seriously harm the other.

Then, on the third day, the knight drew first blood with a well-aimed kick at the base of the dragon's tail, at the point where his cloaca was, the spikes shredding the hide and causing massive damage.

The dragon bled out, cursing his unfortunate luck.

"Oh thou rascal!
Would that I had seen thee never?
With the thing at thy foot thou hast pricked my Arse-gut
And I'm quite undone forever!

Murder, Murder!" the dragon cried,
"Alack, alack, for grief;
Had you but missed that place, you could
Have done me no mischief!"

Then his head he shaked, trembled and quaked,
And down he laid and cried;
First on one knee, then on back tumbled he,
So groaned, kicked, shit, and died.

Some say the Wantley Dragon's name was forgotten specifically because other dragons went to great lengths to strike his name from the record due to such an embarrassing death.

6203309 ...Yeah. That sounds like one the most embarrassing deaths I've ever heard. I guess the Wantley Dragon... got his butt kicked~

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2