The Known World 327 members · 84 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8
Prince_Staghorn
Group Admin

Long ago, there lived two brothers- a unicorn and a pegasus. These two were the sons of a king from a minor kingdom. The two sought to achieve great power through harnessing their royal blood. 

Legend says they discovered a strange portal to a massive library (according to their writings, one that existed many centuries in the future), where they found research notes on an apparent way to possibly gain immortality.

The two returned with the knowledge and began putting it to use. Upon finding that the author of the notes had been a dragon, the princes became fascinated by dragons, and eventually became obsessed with them, to the point of losing their sanity.

When their father passed on and the two entered the throne as ruling diarchs, the kingdom was doomed.  The new rulers neglected their country and drove it to ruin, becoming known as the mad kings, though the depths of their obsession also led them to be known as the "Consumed Kings". They searched for any item that could possibly extend their lifespans. The unicorn brother eventually came upon the cursed ring Andvaranaut, kept in the hoard of the dragon Fafnir (father of the current Dragon Vizier, Smaug)- the only thing successfully stolen from the dragon's hoard.

Eventually, the two were somehow warped into draconic forms, eventually losing their sanity completely, gathering up sizable but mostly worthless hoards, and fading into obscurity.

To this day, the brothers, Aquamentus and Gleeok may still be alive somewhere, perhaps having added a few more valuable items besides shiny rocks to their hoards.

Oh no! One of them became a Ghidorah! :pinkiegasp:

Prince_Staghorn
Group Admin

6200766 ...'s derpy cousin

I guess you could say they've become... Ring-Wyrms. Eh? Eh? EH?!

Prince_Staghorn
Group Admin

6200999 [gold star]

for a legitimately funny pun

Question: will Alduin and kin make an appearance? Ooh, what about Pete's dragon, or Toothless?

Thanks, I thought of it myself while reading the latest Magnus Chase book.

Pardon my French, but FUCK Pete's dragon, especially that ugly hairy green dog-monster from the live-action remake. That thing doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Alduin, Toothless, and other dragons with actual good designs.

Prince_Staghorn
Group Admin

6201403 Elliot was basically a minor outcast in Dragon society at the time he lived in. A shame, considering he was a descendant of the hero Basilgaraad

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8