Weston College Annex 15 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 28 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 28
Ukaih
Group Contributor

So this is the old list done by the best Vice-principal ever.
Art - Silversmith Senna Spoon (SSS)
Math - Vengeful Spirit (?)
History - Zoki Kamaka (Ancient Times)
Science - F4D3 the Paradox (Xeraphis)
Phys .Ed. - Ukaih(Jinana Te Hiw)
Home Economics - SweetAI Belle (Madam Fittings)
Music - F4D3 the Paradox (Vignette)
JROTC- Eru Iluvatar(Blue Flicker)
Calculus/Physics/Chemistry - Vengeful Spirit
Computer Programming - Silversmith Senna Spoon
Literature - Zoki Kamaka (Ancient Times)
Martial Arts - Zoki Kamaka (Jinana Te Hiw)
Summoning - Zoki Kamaka (Jinana Te Hiw)
Biology - F4D3 the Paradox (Xeraphis)
Magical Theory and Application of Spells - SCP Pinkamena (Straightjacket)

Other possible classes include:
Metalworking
Sewing
Shop
Herbology
Magical Theory and Application of Spells
Ritual Magic
Potion-making
Alchemy.
Philosophy
Language
Politics/Political Science
Sexual Education
Logic
Critical Thinking
Drama
Photography
Autoshop
Cooking
Health
Combat
Military History

So this is an adequate list. But I feel it's lacking in some things. We've had recent changes in the teaching and activity as well. For example are we doing the JROTC classes still? Other things I think we should discuss is the "core" classes. Meaning the classes that are the main mandatory classes. Also this may warrant a whole other thread. But is Weston College. Actually a college? Maybe it's a highschool and college? Also there has been some teacher changes Sharp Shot has taken the position of Gym for example.

Midnight Words
Group Contributor

2267501 Aren't you Zoki kabanana?

Ukaih
Group Contributor

2267635 No it's Zoki Kamaka.

Midnight Words
Group Contributor

2267689 I know. it's just I like calling you kabanana:trollestia: Anyway, wasn't he you and you just change your name

Ukaih
Group Contributor

2267698 No we are two totally seperate people

Midnight Words
Group Contributor

2267739 Oh... My brain is confused.

Ukaih
Group Contributor

2267763 Ukaih is not Zoki Kamaka.

Midnight Words
Group Contributor

2267824 I know the OCs, I thought that you changed your name. and I distinctly remember Zoki used Ukaih as an oc when the group was just starting.

Midnight Words
Group Contributor

2268080 Yes it is. I am cane!

Midnight Words
Group Contributor

2268180 Is there no way to fave your comment?

Midnight Words
Group Contributor

2268230 ... I love you...

F4D3
Group Admin

Yeah, it's best that list goes under some changing. Of course, some people are just extraordinarily busy right now, so it'll take a while for this list to get properly squared out.

Ukaih
Group Contributor

2269143 Thankfully I have some freetime on the weekends this time I think we should come up with a set of core classes. Just for the beginning. Then we can figure out a rotation system meaning one weekend it's the core class of History then it's an extracredit class of Music. Or something of the sort.

Ukaih
Group Contributor

2269554 Yet you love me!

Midnight Words
Group Contributor
F4D3
Group Admin

I don't know anyone who wouldn't... Dat face.2269598>>2269554

Ukaih
Group Contributor

2270718>>2269621>>2269889 I worked hard on this. I'd prefer some helpful criticism or anything on topic.

The Updated List

Art - Silversmith Senna Spoon
Math - Vengeful Spirit (?)*
History - Ancient Times
Science - Xeraphis
Phys .Ed. - Sharp Shot
Home Economics - Madam Fittings
Music - Vignette
JROTC- Blue Flicker*
Calculus/Physics/Chemistry - Vengeful Spirit*
Computer Programming - Silversmith Senna Spoon
Literature - Ancient Times
Martial Arts - White Whisper
Summoning - White Whisper
Biology - Xeraphis
Magical Theory and Application of Spells - *Straight Jacket

Other possible classes include:
Metalworking-
Sewing°-
Shop-
Herbology
Ritual Magic°
Potion-making
Alchemy
Philosophy*
Language*
Politics/Political Science*
Logic*
Critical Thinking*
Auto shop-
Cooking-
Health-
Sexual education*-
Combat-
Military History-

Okay the first thing you may have noticed is either the lack of profile names or the symbols on certain words. These symbols all mean something.(duh) -means that this class or class idea could be combined with others or in some cases is kinda represented in another class.

On the topic of - Those marked with - include
Sewing-
Cooking-
Health-
Sexual education-
Combat-
Military History-
Metal Working-
Auto shop-
Shop-
These four classes can be merged with other classes. Such as Cooking and Sewing could be covered in Home economical. Health and Sexual education can be merged as well. Then we have Combat. Combat is wide spectrum of things. We have a martial arts class already. So either combat could be down graded to weapons class. Also as a reminder I'm going to have a Knights club. So that covers combat even more. Military History can be a unit in History class!(Amazing I know) Or part of JROTC which I still have questions about. Then we have Auto Shop and Metal working. Those to classes could easily be combined along with shop.

Next is the symbol ° which was that a teacher already stated could teach. With Sewing and Ritual magic that could easily taught by Madam Fittings. Of course if sewing is combined with home economics than she already would be teaching it.

Now * means I want to talk more in depth about this class or person.
The first is Vengeful Spirit. Now I truly like him. He's a cool dude. But considering how active he is on and plus who is his OC? I'd personally think that Xeraphis(Fade) would be the teacher of math.
Second is Straight Jacket. SCP is also a cool dude. I only find Straight Jacket to be quite strange as a teacher. I mean he's a pony stuck in a straight jacket with no ability to stop magic flow from his horn. Plus isn't he a student? Now what I think would make this class cool was if every week we had this class the teacher would change or a guest teacher would come in and show the students another way or philosophy of magic. Meaning there would be a base teacher for this example Bob. Bob teaches a plain theory of magic. But every week a new guest teacher would come in such as Straight Jacket or Cielia or well almost any one.

Another one was JROTC. I don't believe it was ever decided if it was a class or club? Because it would change depending on either outcome.

Now with philosophy, language, and critical thinking. Do we really need classes like this? I mean philosophy is a deep class. It would be hard to role play. Language would be complex. I mean what language would be taught. Real or imaginary. Then critical thinking, what would you do that class?

So I know Drama became a club(Best club ever). Then I'll have the Knights club. Then the Hosting club. What other clubs will there be?

F4D3
Group Admin

Alright, I like how you refined it, and I'll get right into what you've addressed.

Vengeful did have an OC early on, but most everyone forgot his name, including me. He's been going through some personal stuff and hasn't been able to log on as much or at all lately, so I doubt this group is really on his mind at all. Once things for him even out I'll be sure to ask him, or maybe Silvy could, about him helping us out again.

I think Sexual Education should just be Sex Ed, for obvious reasons...

Xeraphis could teach math, I guess, but I doubt it, and like I said, I want to wait for Vengeful.

I don't think Weston college would discriminate against a teacher with special needs, and he'd be a good candidate. And to be honest, I don't even remember how old he's supposed to be, so he very well could be old enough to be a teacher at a college.

Well, in RL, JROTC is both a club and a class of sorts, so there's that.

As for classes where a little more thought might need to be put in, no, we don't necessarily need them, but if people are willing to teach them and there are enough students willing to attend the class I see no reason why it couldn't be a legitimate class.

Ukaih
Group Contributor

2283545 Very well. But the magic teacher rotation is a good idea. That way we are introduced to many different ideas and theorys of magic and such. Also we should find a good class rotation.

F4D3
Group Admin

There could always be different kinds of magic classes, all the way from spell application, to magic theory.

And yeah, a rotation system would help, maybe have like three or two classes a week or something? Just as long as there are teachers that are open to it.

Ukaih
Group Contributor

2283645 Sounds good. Ancient is a very power unicorn he'd be good at Unicorn magic.

2283645>>2283719

While it doesn't seem to be in the list, Invisible Blade was willing at one point to have Stalwart teach magic as well. I recall telling him at the time that we already had a number of people interested, but could be a guest teacher, since having several people teaching the subject does make sense. He did say he would teach Sword-fighting and would be willing to act as a drill sargent, so that could be in the list, assuming he's still interested.

--Silvy

Ukaih
Group Contributor

2283806 Sounds epic. Sword-fighting could be it's own class or club.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 28