Weston College Annex 15 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13

Given that it's going to be forever before this reboot is actually going, at this rate, how does everyone feel about my posting a temporary "New Character" thread in the main group with the version of the form from this group, so new people coming in at least can get their characters in place before the reboot?

--Silversmith Senna Spoon

F4D3
Group Admin

I'd see no problem with that. It'd definitely at least tell everyone we're at least still working on things.

2189177>>2189237>>2189242

Alright. I think I'll ask them to post an "introduction" thread with their character as well.

Not sure on the questionnaire, but the things we already have in there should give a fair indication of how much work the character needs.

F4D3
Group Admin

I doubt that'd really help anything, except get people unreasonably angry. A good peripheral that I've seen in another RP group was what could be summed up as "Character improvement/highlight of the week" where a user can ask for critique or practice RP for a character they're having trouble getting down.

Just the same, people should be open to others when it's plainly obvious they have issues with their RP. Of course, throughout all of this, it would be good to remain polite, honest and fair. As I believe telling someone to "get out" would be along the lines of bullying, if you remember.2189282

F4D3
Group Admin

I've seen quite a few techniques used in different RP groups to help improve someone's skill not only as a character, but also as an over all writer. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw Just Roleplaying, or at least one user in particular, pitched this idea, and the result looked to be rather effective. I honestly think something like that could be used here, and it'd most certainly help a lot of people out who might need it. It would definitely give people a reason to stay dedicated to the group over time, even if it wasn't once a week.

2189359>>2189336>>2189177

Alright, I went ahead and posted the thread with the admin account. If anyone sees anything that needs changing, either let me know, or if you have access to that account, you can change it as well.

F4D3
Group Admin

I think, for now, what we have works fine. But I want to see how everyone else reacts to it first before giving a definite statement of what might need changing, if anything.

2189490>>2189359>>2189177

After the first application, I decided to add one more line to the form:

In the event of an emergency, who should we contact, if anyone?

--Silvy

F4D3
Group Admin

Hmm... Not too sure about that, but I suppose we should just wait and see for now.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13