Weston College Annex 15 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 50 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 50
F4D3
Group Admin

I'd like to continue work on the group, though I don't want to start on something major since we just got a big section of the rules done. So I figured we should talk about something fairly simple; The group's front page. Now this will obviously change in the reboot, but I feel we should outline just how much it should change, as well as create a template for the new homepage. I'll place the current front page of the group below:

Welcome to Weston College. I am the headmistress Cielia Phantomhive. This mare next to me is Ms. Silversmith Senna Spoon, our vice principal. However, everything's up in the air at the moment, as we are in the middle of a reboot. Give it awhile and surely it will be over.

All students will be assigned dorms. The dorms are Sapphire Owl, Green Lion, Scarlet Fox, and Violet Wolf, and one for my own personal students, Midnight Raven. Every dorm has both a prefect and a dorm warden. These were the previous assignments:

Prefects:
Sapphire Owl: Blue Dreams (F4D3)
Green Lion: Chance (Vengeful Spirit)
Violet Wolf: Susumu Ganza (Kragor)
Scarlet Fox: Sweetie Belle (SweetAI Belle)

Head of Houses:
Sapphire Owl: Ancient Times(Ukaih)
Green Lion: Sure Shot(Eplison)
Violet Wolf: Silversmith Senna Spoon(Silversmith Senna Spoon)
Scarlet Fox: Xerphis(F4D3 )

Both students and potential members of the faculty will need to post their applications for the position in the Application office. Student's dorms will be chosen based on a short personality test.

Rules:
1. Posts with explicit content are only permitted in threads tagged as NSFW. Violations stould be reported to a member of the staff.
2. Use of drugs is not permitted on campus, and smoking is not allowed in dorms or public areas.
3. Students must attend all classes that appear in threads. If you can.
4. You must wear your college uniforms at all times, with the crest of your dorm visible. Prefects may wear their type of waist coat and dorm flower:
Sapphire Owl: Blue Gentian
Green Lion: Green Holly
Violet Wolf: Purple Dahlia.
Scarlet Fox: Red Rose
5. If there is a fire in the school or one of the dorms, all students should find safety in the school gardens and have their prefects take roll-call.
6. If you cause trouble, prefects and staff can give you a "Y". If you get one of those, you will have to translate twenty Latin paragraphs.
7. No character suicide. The result is a temporary ban. Don't ask me why I made this rule.
8. Killing staff members is highly frowned upon, and may damage your academic standing. This goes doubly for the headmistress and vice-principal. But you may if you are a villian. But get ready for the ban bat.
9. All new villains, or students/staff looking to become a villain must register here.
10. All threads must be tagged accordingly, with one of the following: (Location), (Event), (NSFW), (Notice), or (RP Related). Dining Hall threads will be tagged with the meal in question instead.

The Weston College uniform consists of a top hat, black waist coat, your dormitory's colored vest, dorm-colored tie, your dormitory crest, black trousers or long gray skirt, and a hooded black overcoat.

Uniforms can be purchased at Madam Fittings' Shop.

Weston College is a prestigious school. Act like you yourself are prestigious.

The class schedule was as follows, but will be changed in the reboot:
Day 1: Physical Education
Day 2: Science
Day 3: Physics
Day 4: Pony History
Day 5: Arts
Day 6: Magical Theory and Application of Spells
Day 7: Literature
Day 8: Equestrian Economics

I took out the songs because leaving them in would lag the thread, but I have no problem leaving them in after the reboot. Here are a few things I feel we should change about the front page:

-Update and redo the introduction paragraph. Get rid of the stuff about the reboot and Midnight Raven, as well as make it a tad more descriptive of what the RP is about.
-Provide updated links to the Rules, Application, Introduction, and Announcement Board Threads, as well as link to each of the new Dorm Threads.
-Update the Prefects and HoHs, once they have been reassigned.
-Remove the outdated list of rules.
-Remove the outdated list of classes.

Suggestions for how to make any or all of these changes will be greatly appreciated.

The front page of the annex group was already partially revised, so that may be a better starting point. I would assume most of the rules would stay, though they should probably be gone through.

This is another post I'll probably comment more on later.

--SSS

F4D3
Group Admin

It was? Alright, I'll go and take a look at it.

What I meant by removing the rules, is just getting them off the front page, updating them a bit, and moving them into the Rules Thread.

I understand if you're busy right now, I just wanted to get this up so people could see what we should be working on next.

It's just mainly that a tablet, bluetooth keyboard, and wifi hotspot is fine for short posts, but for long ones that I need to reference things for, I'd prefer to be looking at a screen larger than 7".

--Silversmith Senna Spoon

Just thought I'd point out that I posted a first draft of Scarlet Fox, based on Ukiah's original post. I probably should copy it over here as well, but for now, that location should be fine.

F4D3
Group Admin

Ah, interesting. I'll be sure to drop by that thread later and give my two scents on it, once I have the time, of course. Hopefully I can remind myself in the morning...

Alright, just wanted to make sure it didn't get lost in the shuffle.

--Silvy

F4D3
Group Admin

You should probably make sure Ukaih sees it too, just in case.

Most likely. He's not going to be around much this weekend, though.

--Silvy

F4D3
Group Admin

Did he go somewhere?

He's in a haunted house for a drama club.

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

2034042 define drugs

F4D3
Group Admin

Uhh... Any recreational form of inebriation or intoxication?

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

2035993 so alchohol is now a drug? and you keep marajuana illegal despite their lesser health risk to ciggaretts...

F4D3
Group Admin

Considering this is an interdimensional school, I'm fairly certain there's more to worry about in regards to drugs than just marijuana and cigarettes...

And you can still buy alcoholic beverages at the pub, and being able to smoke cigarettes is sorta mandatory for one character in particular, though they're made differently than they are on Earth.

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

2036029 but but but... marajuana!

F4D3
Group Admin

*deep sighs*

Are you really expecting Scribble to do a toke in the college? Because if so, that doesn't seem very likely... :trixieshiftright:

2036009>>2036029

*sigh*

I'd personally have thought this was pretty straightforward. You can't smoke in the dorms, whether it's tobacco, marijuana, or something else so that the other students don't have to breathe in second hand smoke. And what college will let you drink, snort cocaine, do meth, shoot up heroin, etc... on campus?

Though now that we have private rooms in the dorms, the smoking rule should probably be adjusted to just cover public areas indoors.

Also, keep in mind, this is the official rules that the staff is supposed to enforce, not necessarily what people actually get away with on campus.

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

2036048 she is gonna! She missed her rebellious age, and it's gonna have a late resurgence.

F4D3
Group Admin

:facehoof:

Ugh... Wait, when did she ever experiment with marijuana? :rainbowhuh:

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

2036195 he he he *I scratch the back if my head.* about that...

2036182>>2036195

*Tries to mentally reconcile 'has sex multiple times a day and gets pregnant while on campus' and 'missed her rebellious age'. Fails*

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

2036229 what would she be rebelling against at that time?! She was just a horny teen, not a rebel.

F4D3
Group Admin
Viking Hoof
Group Admin

2036242 she hung out with Applebloom and Zecora a few times right before she left. She was 16 remember?

F4D3
Group Admin

I don't necessarily like the implications of that, but whatever.

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

2036258 the world isn't a perfect place.

Normally parents do, in fact, talk to their children about not having sex before marriage, or at least until they are older. I'd tend to think that even without Scribble getting pregnant, her parents wouldn't be all that happy about it. It depends on the parents, of course.

--Silvy

F4D3
Group Admin

Seeing as there's a n entire forest full of monsters smack dab in the middle of the continent, not to mention maniacal rulers, a god of chaos, and several stereotypes and biases amongst species, I'd assume so.

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

2036268 she is a lesbian, and they knew it. Yhey had no clue that pregnancy was even a possibility (but twiglight was working on a few concepts.)

Even without pregnancy being a possibility, sexually transmitted diseases would generally be a concern. They wouldn't want her getting aids or something similar. But if you feel her parents were completely good with her having large quantities of sex, that's fine. It just seemed odd to me.

--Silvy

Ukaih
Group Contributor

2035805>>2035753 Yeah I'm semi alive. My feet hurt. I can't talk and I feel dead. But it was amazing! So I'm so happy right now!
2036327>>2036284>>2036272 Scribble taking drugs:facehoof: Vikinga not realising Scribble was the female Spez. :rainbowlaugh: Vikinga trying to defend drugs and sex:twilightoops: This is very interesting:trixieshiftleft:

F4D3
Group Admin

Scribble was the female Spez

:ajbemused: No

Well, I'm glad you enjoyed yourself, even if it sounds like you're pretty worn out from it...

And, yes, I was not particularly expecting that rule to be in any way controversial. I'm just surprised there isn't a 'no sex on campus' rule next to it. There probably should be.

--Silvy

F4D3
Group Admin

It shouldn't have been, and now that it's resolved I hope we can stop talking about it. As for the no sex rule... That, I'd imagine, would make people very unhappy. 2036410

2036456>>2036410

Actually, what we probably should do is separate the "Weston College Campus" rules from the RP rules. Some of these are things that you aren't allowed to do in the RP, and some are things that you'll just get in trouble if a member of staff is present, or if someone turns you in.

--Silvy

Ukaih
Group Contributor

2036439 The majority of the sex threads either had Spez or Scribble in it. It's that simple pimpel.
2036447>>2036456 No sex on campus would be interesting. But their will be sex threads some where. I did remember something about Weston College: After Dark.

F4D3
Group Admin

That was going to be another section of the rules, though I'd like to focus on RP rules first, then work on IC rules.

F4D3
Group Admin

Interesting in what way? Like having people break our rules? No, what we need is a tighter leash on the rules, which is what I aim on doing, and did, with the Arc rules.

EDIT: Unless it is a standalone group, as in it works independently from the main, then I see no point in making another Weston Group.

2036479>>2036480

No sex, if added, would be an IC rule. Basically, if you have sex in a public place, or somewhere teachers periodically check, you could get a "Y". If you want to have a NSFW thread, sneak off-campus, or find somewhere on campus that the teachers don't look. Or, of course, if no students are involved, it isn't an issue.

--Silvy

F4D3
Group Admin

In essence, though, I assume that could be lumped under the simple term of PDA. I think creating places where sex is acceptable, rather than creating new threads just for the sake of it, would be better. That's why I feel the room thread idea works so well. Although, a better solution would to put in a thread's specifications whether or not you could get away with performing NSFW acts or not in that thread.

To be honest, most locations that allowed NSFW content would need a non-NSFW thread as well, simply because some characters are not going to go in NSFW threads, even if there isn't any NSFW content going on at the time.

Of course, if the location is a brothel or something similar, no worksafe equivalent of the thread would be needed.

((Should Knightstone Village have a brothel?))

--Silvy

F4D3
Group Admin

Hmm... That would definitely complicate things. Maybe it should just say that NSFW is allowed in the thread, but not required?

And I think a brothel would most likely help with the major influx of NSFW. Of course, we could always ask Lilith to come and help us manage our NSFW...

The main thing I have in my mind is that if sex is allowed in a thread, and a major event is going on in that thread people should be attending, but a few posts ago, an orgy was going on, even if that was yesterday in game time, there are going to be people not participating.

And I was certainly thinking Lilith could manage the brothel thread...

--Silvy

F4D3
Group Admin

Yeah... I know what you mean. I suppose if it came down to it, maybe we could repost a thread NSFW occurs in when it happens, but my concern is that having doubles of every possible thread NSFW could happen in would be extremely tedious, not to mention that it would flood the forum.

The other end of the spectrum would be 'This is the sex thread. All sex occurs here'. I'm not sure that'd work particularly well either. I'd personally tend towards 'Sex is an event. No sex occurs in location threads unless the location is only for sex, such as the brothel.'...

--Silvy
((Perhaps I could include the word 'sex' in this post a few more times....))

F4D3
Group Admin

The latter might work a bit better, and considering Events such as those don't stay active for more than a day or so, I doubt they'd require much upkeep. Though maybe it'd be a good idea to make a separate tag for that, seeing as the original tag didn't really do much. An example of how it could work could be the brothel being labeled (Location: NSFW), or if two students wanted to have sex they would tag their thread as (Event: NSFW)

That'd probably be best. And if sex starts in a thread not labeled, the posts get deleted, and the participants are told to 'get a thread', essentially. (And that's 'if two or more characters decide to have sex'. I don't think the students will be the only ones involved...)

--Silvy

F4D3
Group Admin

Yeah, I see what you mean... Maybe, if I'm lucky, I can post another thread talking about OOC rules during the week, but for now, it's nearly 4:50 AM where I'm at, and I should really be sleeping right now. See you later.

Alright. Good night.

--Silvy

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 50