Weston College Annex 15 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 42 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 42
F4D3
Group Admin

At this point, I feel it would be a god idea to create a new group and advertise that one, giving it a good chance of hitting the popular groups list. But as I considered this, I began to ponder who would found it. Of course, users who came to mind were obviously C/S, or Silvy, or hell, maybe even me...

But then, an idea occurred to me. This group is generally for admin discussion, in that most major decisions regarding the college are made here, while the crack version is where most derailment occurs, anyone posts whatever they may like and for the most part isn't canon. Our current group, which was founded by Cielia and Sebastian, has a few current arcs going on, mainly Scribble's, Kragor and Midnight's(Kenichi's), and Silver Cross'. Perhaps once these arcs finish we can start putting the finishing touches on the college, and archive what we have, as we've still yet to make a consistent ruleset, but that's a whole other discussion for another time.

The reason I bring this up is because of a realization I had while thinking of just how all these rules and threads would be upheld. Naturally, the core admins aren't always going to be around to make sure things run smoothly, and if activity in the group increases that might be an issue.

So here's my proposition: a joint account for the admins.

This account would act as not only the founder of the new group, but also as a unanimous admin to post all major threads in, such as the rules, announcement board, dorms, application thread, etc.

One major aspect of why this would help is if a change needs to be made to a main thread. This would allow that change to be made without pestering OP, because as long as you're an admin, or at least an important mod, you are OP.

Day and Night cycles, breakfast and dinner threads, as well as any other official posts, would be made by this account, and decided here by the admins before hand.

This would also be a great help to the RP in general. If one core admin happens to go away for a bit, this could help fill the cracks while they're gone.

Of course, this is just a suggestion, if any of you have ideas or opinions about this, I'd love to hear them. I'd like everyone to remember this is a group effort, and we can't move on until we get the input we need.

1740188>>1740214

Might not be a bad idea, though we'd want to be careful with it. One person changes the password, and we'd have a lot of problems. And that account would be the founder, with the ability to delete the group. We'd need an e-mail to go with it, but those are easy to pick up.

So what would we give that account for a name?

--Silvy

1740247 I'd say we would name the account after Weston-related.

F4D3
Group Admin

1740247>>1740214
Yeah, sharing the account would have to be a very selective and trusting to do...

Maybe just name it "The Weston College"?

1740263 "The Weston College Admins"?

F4D3
Group Admin

"Weston College Admins"

1740277>>1740289

Weston College Admins works. We could probably start with the three of us having access, then get the others. Who should create the account? I do rather have a fair amount of experience at creating fimfiction accounts and alternate e-mails for them.

--Silvy

1740326 I could make the account and I could give you all the password. Then we could take turns filling out a part of the bio and introducing ourselves.

Make sure to create a new e-mail as well, then. Fimfiction doesn't let you register more than one account per e-mail. mail.com works for that, in my experience.

--Silvy

F4D3
Group Admin

1740364>>1740371
People I'd trust giving the password to the account other than us three:

Midnight Words
Melkor
SCP Pinkamena (Maybe)

Anyone else you two have in mind?

That sounds like about who we already have marked as admin here, minus Vikinga. Sweetie Belle obviously will have the password regardless...

--Silvy

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1740371>>1740387>>1740425 As of names Weston sounds right. Also I probably won't have access to this account. But if their is than that one account shouldn't be the only admin. Because not every admin would be able to use it at the same time. I think we should finish those arcs. I've also noticed theirs also some rping in the crack version as well. Also I think the two big things we need to work on our application sheets and locations.

Besides the dorms. The only set description is the college itself, Madam Fittings, other important shops, and maybe some outside places. Any one think of anything else? Also I'll work on the Scarlet Fox description. But as of late I'm busy.:twilightblush:

F4D3
Group Admin

Yeah, I didn't intend to have that account be the only admin, but it will most likely be the main one of the group, and one in which all major decisions will come from. And I also didn't expect every admin to have access to the account, and just as well a few contributors might have access to it as well. Application and characters sheets are just about done, but do need one or two more tweaks here and there.

As for locations, dorms obviously need to be done, edited, and posted by the main account, but of course you'll get credit for them, just as Silvy will for editing them. Things students need for school, uniforms, books, and supplies, as well as a classroom or two.

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1740680>>1740537>>1740425>>1740371 Fade, should we end the Scribble is pregnant arc on the cruiseship?

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1740680>>1740537>>1740425>>1740371

1741001 Thank you for some comedy in a serious thread. It really lights up the thread. (My god, that's the cheesiest thing I've ever said.)

F4D3
Group Admin

If you'd like. It might be a bit sudden, but then again, this arc has been going on for a long time.

That made me roll :rainbowlaugh:

Viking Hoof
Group Admin
F4D3
Group Admin

I've never seen more truer facts than these :eeyup:

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1741149 wanna NSFW?

F4D3
Group Admin

I'm too tired right now, sorry... :ajsleepy:

Maybe tomorrow?

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1741249 k. wanna rp?

F4D3
Group Admin

I'm actually about to go to sleep...

Sorry... Again :fluttershyouch:

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1741260 its okay, I should probably be working on my story anyways

F4D3
Group Admin

Alright, good luck to you then, I really hope we can spend more time together, even if it's just on weekends... goodnight for now :fluttershysad:

Well, I think this video might give you some idea of my thoughts on the subject...

[youtube=RZwM3GvaTRM]

--Silvy

So... did you ever have a chance to create the Weston College Admins fimfiction account?

--Silversmith Senna Spoon

1788655 It failed fantastically.

F4D3
Group Admin

By what do you mean?

1789491 I checked the email numerous times, the email wasn't there

Well, assuming that was a throwaway e-mail and password, you can always forward me the e-mail address, password, and fimfiction account information, and I can see what I can do.

Or I can go ahead and create an id and email myself.

In either case, it'll probably be after you go to sleep tonight, of course.

--Silvy

1789491>>1791623

The account is Weston College Admins - I went ahead and recreated it.

--Silversmith Senna Spoon

1789491>>1791623

I've given the password out to the two of you, Melkor, and Midnight Words so far. Were we giving it to SCP Pinkamina as well? and have I missed anyone?

--Silvy

1805192 Yes, give it to SCP

F4D3
Group Admin

I think that'll do for now. I'll tell you if I think of anyone else. If you're giving the password to SCP, then we might as well give access to Vikinga too.

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1805192*cough cough Ukaih cough cough*

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 42