Weston College Annex 15 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 89 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 89
Ukaih
Group Contributor

So its been brought up that we need a concrete history of Weston College. Now F3D4 has created a very excellent back story of the college. But there is some differences with my Oc Ancient Times backstory. In his the dorms weren't connected as they are today. There were several bullies in every dorm. The major ones were in Green Lion. Finally the main bully Thick Skull was expelled because he raped Ancient Times(Who was at that time Spring Step) But what we need is to all agree on a concrete history.

1598170 *Bangs head on the wall*
Give me both back stories and I'll mix them together. It's what I do.

F4D3
Group Admin

1598170>>1598182
Yeah... That's cool... I'm gonna just walk away now...

*inches toward the door*

1598231 *C&S burst in*
Sorry, we're here to mix the back stories so they make sense and don't sound ridiculous.

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1598182>>1598231 That would be the best course of action.

F4D3
Group Admin

1598246>>1598170
Ah, I guess I'll help then. Where should we begin though?

1598264>>1598256 The creator of Weston.

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1598264>>1598275 Well it can be Harry potter style and have four founders for each dorm. Or one main founder. I say we do the second one. Should be ancestor of Nosram.

1598307 Just one, ducking founder. I don't want to have any confusion

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1598326 Very well How about Midnight Raven sorta a hat tip to the old dorm.

1598360 Midnight Raven would be the forever disbanded dorm because of black magic and necromancy

F4D3
Group Admin

1598392>>1598360
Give me a couple of minutes, I have an idea.

Midnight Words
Group Contributor

1598392>>1598360 Excuse me, but what about... a pony named Weston? I mean... It's the most obvious choice.

F4D3
Group Admin

Pretty much that's what I'm going with.

1598428 Signed and stamped and approved.

F4D3
Group Admin

1598459>>1598428>>1598360
In the reboot Nosram and his family will be griffons. The actual creation of Weston could involve a great cloud castle owned by his ancestors falling to the ground in a remote area. The devastation would have been massive, and they would be far too weak to pull it back into the sky, so they began to rebuild it in the meantime. Months turned to years, and alliances were made with travelers along the barren landscape. They had easily rebuilt the castle, but they soon found themselves too attached to the land to leave. Soon after they made a village in the village, perhaps naming it after a valiant knight of some sort, by the name of Stone. Then a wise griffon was born into thee family, by the name of Weston. He was exceedingly smart beyond his years, and saw so much potential in those around them. It hurt to see it all go to waste.

Without permission from his father he took his best workers, and crates full of supplies, and took them to a nearby piece of flat land, slightly elevated above its surroundings. He worked them tirelessly throughout the night, not giving rest to a single one. Many fell ill in the cold weather, others simply collapsed from exhaustion, but he didn't care. This was his dream. In the morning there stood a small structure, no bigger than an ordinary shack, really. But its features are what made it stand out. All perfectly made to his schematics, Weston's ideal shone in the bright light of day under the prying eyes of his disapproving father, but all he needed was a chance. Unbeknownst to him Weston had stolen many priceless tomes from under the castle's nose, and quickly grew accustomed to heir teachings. He took up a few young colts and fillies and shuffled them into the small building. He was eager to have those who would listen, but would not allow it to cloud his judgement. He chose a simple subject, history, and proceeded from there. He couldn't hold back the torrent of knowledge he had found, and eagerly taught them until the sun once again fell for Luna's moon.

He stood there, his father's glare piercing his skin like the sharpest of knives, his 'students' all wore blank expressions, except for one, who rose his hoof, and asked what he might teach next.

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1598392 I know that. But having the founder have the name would be a hat tip. Than blah blah she creates a world for the college. Then it is based down through his children. But during these years the dorms start to go from competitiveness to dislike. Then bullies rise and start to fight each other. Sure during these times several ponies try to stop this. It escalates so far that a student is brutally raped by a bully. The school reacts with shock. Then for several decades. Several teachers and students strive to bring the dorms back together. Then the secondary dorm was created. Than we are here. On a side note As the history teacher I'm going to teach about the College's history. So I'm probably going to mention teachers and headmistress and headmasters. In the past. But it won't condlict with the main story.

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1598482 I like. Forget part of mine. I like yours better.

F4D3
Group Admin

1598485>>1598511
Well, that was just the beginning, there's much more to happen after that :raritywink:

There's no reason that the dorms couldn't have developed that animosity, but keep in mind this is the middle ages, at least in the sense of Equestria, at least. Somepony getting raped wouldn't have been as much of a big deal. But I do want to keep the idea of Midnight Raven as a big part of it, though it wouldn't be necessary.

Midnight Words
Group Contributor

1598482 Me Gusta your story.

F4D3
Group Admin

1598556>>1598511>>1598459
I sorta just made it up on the spot, but it could use some work. But for now I think it'll do for the college and its beginning. :twilightblush:

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1598550 No the raped was during Ancient Times. Which I don't think was middle ages but more like 1890s. Which sure wasnt that bad. But I'd like to think Nosram was against such things. I expcted so. Also History class will be highlighting other headmasters and Headmistress'. Are they all going to be griffins or some other races? Like Zebras...

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1598627 Yup. Also I think the creator of the dimension should be like Westons grandson or something. For then we can see Griffin magic. :yay:.

F4D3
Group Admin

Well, we still have a lot of lore in between then and there, but yes I suppose it'd be a pretty big deal. Keep in mind that Equestria is technically in year 1003 right now. So this would have happened a good long while ago. And I think in the beginning most of the headmasters will probably be male griffons, but eventually expand to ponies and other races as well eventually incorporate females into higher roles of power. So yeah, Zebra headmaster/headmistress definitely isn't out of the question.

F4D3
Group Admin

Actually, Weston college's pocket dimension came about a ways after that. For most of its time Weston college was just some school in the middle of nowhere.

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1598246>>1598694>>1598664 hello?
Can I contribute?

The backstory is looking good.

With the rape, I would have it that there were other students there that that could have intervened, but didn't because the victim wasn't from their dorm. That would be enough to really raise some concerns about the dorm rivalry.

--Silversmith Senna Spoon

F4D3
Group Admin

Sure! :pinkiehappy::twilightsmile:

Do you have any ideas or suggestions?

Midnight Words
Group Contributor

1598694>>1598699 Hey look your girlfriend's here.:trollestia:

F4D3
Group Admin

1598711>>1598664
That makes sense, it definitely would bring into concern the sanctity of how the dorms treat each other, although I'm still thinking on whether or not Midnight Raven should be incorporated into the lore...1598699>>1598459

F4D3
Group Admin

S-shut up... :trixieshiftleft:

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1598676 Awesome Possum. Yes there is a lot of lore. I mean while you plan your story. I'm planning a story about Ancient Times during his school years. Which is funny since he's older than Weston College. But yeah. I was actually thinking of a Giraffe headmaster. Because no one does Giraffes due to the long neck.

Midnight Words
Group Contributor

1598736 Are you blushing?

F4D3
Group Admin

Then it would make even more sense to have a single concrete timeline to work behind

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1598721>>1598736>>1598711>>1598170>>1598182

I was thinking a chart of where everyone comes from (if anypony comes from the same verse as another) and a short description of each verse with Info relevant to that rp would be nice, and Id really like to know more about Weston College before I try mapping it.

F4D3
Group Admin

Perhaps the rapist was from Midnight Raven, and they never fell quite in line as much in line as the rest of the dorms. Then Celia's necromancy backstory comes into play, except that rather then just disbanding it, the actual dorm was destroyed.

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1598771 *kisses FADE lightly on the lips* you are sweet.

Midnight Words
Group Contributor

1598771>>1598770 You two are adorble together.:rainbowkiss::rainbowlaugh:

Anyway, the short description of same verses would be good

F4D3
Group Admin

1598787>>1598770
I agree, just so we know what to expect from each other. Certain verses are radically different from others, itd be a good idea to outline each at some point. 1598777>>1598752

F4D3
Group Admin

*nose bleeds*

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1598699 Yes.
1598711 Exactly thats how bad it had became. Then the next several decades. The staff and several students strove to bring the dorms together again. Such as the secondary dorm system.
1598556>>1598736 Also I'd like to propose a rival school maybe made one of Westons brother??

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1598817 what dirty thoughts are you thinking now?

F4D3
Group Admin

Eh... Maybe. Although honestly I don't know.

Could definitely work, maybe they didn't destroy it entirely though. Perhaps they kept some of the more important remnants of the dorm, things they knew they couldn't destroy.

F4D3
Group Admin

N-nothing! *looks away nervously*

Midnight Words
Group Contributor

1598819 i was just thinking that!

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1598845 why don't you tell me in our private chat group?

Nine Tails' School of Magic? Or Lightning Stripe's Academy for Gifted Colts and Fillies? May as well work some references in.

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1598770 Thats a good idea. Since every verse is very different. 1598777 Actually the rapist was from Green Lion. 1598768 Indeed. I think Ancient Times came during Nosrams first years. That would be about 5,000 years after Weston?

Well, I was thinking 'destroyed' because we don't want it becoming a viable dorm again at any point...

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 89