Weston College Annex 15 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 17 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 17

I thought this would be a good place to review all the various positions we have in the school and what they entail.

On the student side, we have:

Prefect - The prefects each represent their dorm, and should be either appointed by the staff or the dorm in question. If we do heads of house, perhaps the head of the house could pick them. They enforce the rules of the school for their individual dorm, can hand out Y's, and are also the ones who do roll call in the event of a fire.

Dorm Wardens - What is a Dorm Warden, anyways? I think they teach occasionally, and help out students with their studies. I'd assume they also help defend the dorms. This position could use more definition.

Knight - I'm not sure we even have this position any more with the reboot. I'd assume they defend the school, but that's also the dorm wardens.

Squire - See knight.

Student Teacher - Students can get work permits to teach part time, though one of the existing teachers needs to act as their mentor. Teachers Assistant would fall right around here as well.

Club Head - Any student can form a club, assuming that they get a teacher to sponsor it, and find somewhere to hold it.

Student Nurse - A student who is also a nurse part time.

The JROTC positions will be:
Cadet - anyone in the class, regardless of rank.
SASI - The pony in charge.
ASI - The second in command.

Staff:

Headmistress/Headmaster - Runs the school. Should normally be Cielia. In emergencies, running the school goes to the vice-principal.

Vice-Principal - Also runs the school in conjunction with the headmistress, and basically acts in her place when she isn't there.

Teacher - Obviously in charge of running a class. May have other duties.

Councilor - Helps students work through both academic and psychological issues.

Nurse - Takes care of injured students. There may be several nurses.

Butler - Being a prestigious school, there are several butlers on staff, mostly in Scarlet Fox. These are mainly NPCs.

Cook - The college has an entire kitchen staff that work behind the scenes. Again, NPCs, typically.

Merchant - There are several store owners and may even be roaming merchants around.

Gardener - More NPCs, but they must be there.

Janitor - The school has to have one. Maybe the Joker?

Dean - Don't think we need one of these.

So, any comments, positions I've missed, etc.?

--Silvy

F4D3
Group Admin

Dean - Don't think we need one of these.

:rainbowlaugh:

I think this about covers it. I think dorm wardens are supposed to enforce the rules of the house in question, whereas prefects simply represent their dorm as a sort of figure head. Although I suppose it might be better in the long run to just have prefects and HoHs, leaving whatever responsibilities the warden held in between them.

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1468734>>1468671 Scribble would like to teach origami but someone said theybwree gonna conscript her into the JROTC class

F4D3
Group Admin

What, who said that? :rainbowhuh:

Anyways, you should still be able to teach Origami regardless, at least I see no reason why not.

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1468793 I forget who, maybe one of the Midnights or something.

The trouble with the dorm wardens being the ones that enforce the rules is that the prefects keep being mentioned as the ones who hand out the Y's. I'm leaning towards just getting rid of them, with the head of house thing covering the gaps. And I'm still not sure about knights.

That'd fall under a student teacher position. Ask me about it after the reboot, since the art teacher would be the logical one to serve as mentor for that class.

--Silvy

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1468823 Please treat Scribble for the short while she'll hopefully be teaching origami!

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1468793 ((Why are you ignoring my PMs?! :fluttercry:!!))

F4D3
Group Admin

I don't know what's wrong! I've sent like five but it keep's saying I haven't! :applecry:

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1468854 ((WTF?!? Send me a new message entirely!))

F4D3
Group Admin

Okay... gimme a second:pinkiesad2:

F4D3
Group Admin

WHAT THE CRAP IT DIDN'T SEND!?!?!!??!?!?!

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1468870 ((YOU REMEMBER THAT GROUP I MAD FOR US AND SHUTTER?! Post it as a thread there!

Midnight Words
Group Contributor

1468671 I thought Regi was the janitor... Anyway. We don't need a Dean, I mostly handle detentions anyway.

I've never been quite sure what Regi was. That's why he had a question mark by him. He was sorted into Scarlet Fox, though, so he must have been a student.

And we don't really need the Dean for detention. The headmistress or vice-principal is informed of the detention, and they assign it to one of the staff members. I've handled a few detentions myself, as well.

--Silvy

Midnight Words
Group Contributor

1469085 ((Okay, but I thought his profile once said "Janitor".))

Melkor
Group Contributor

The JROTC positions will be.
Cadet - anyone in the class, regardless of rank.
SASI - Blue Flicker. Cute Scribble. The person in charge.
ASI - Cute Scribble Blue Flicker. The second in command.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 17