Weston College Annex 15 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 21 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 21
F4D3
Group Admin

It occurs to me that while we have places to sleep, and breakfast and dinner at the college, we have no established 'clock'. By that, I mean we have no common agreement as to what happens when. I feel if we were to continue Dining Hall threads we would need to establish a timeline for when they would be posted. We should also consider that many of our members are on at different times of the day and will need time to post in any respective threads they happen to participate in.

So here's my suggestion, after a certain amount of time (for an example let's say sixteen hours) the school will change from its 'Day Phase' and into its 'Night Phase'. Halfway through each phase a Dining Hall thread would be posted. As an example, after eight hours of the college being in 'Day Phase' someone will post a Breakfast thread.

I see a lot of practical use for this, especially if the changes to how events work come into place. Those who post an event will have to specify whether or not their thread will cycle along with day and night (as in it happens over a longer period of time) or only takes place in one moment, ignoring the phase changes.

In theory any admin would be able to post this, as it would most likely boil down to a simple cut and paste maneuver, except on special occasions where something about the phase change might differ from the norm, in which a specific admin will take responsibility for posting it.

In my opinion it would add an extra dimension of realism to the RP and in some ways enhance the experience of the school in general, but I do realize there might be a few problems that could sprout from this. Please bring up any thoughts or ideas of your own on how this might or might not work, as well as suggestions and criticisms.

Consequently, if this idea were to be accepted perhaps we should also have a system in place for weather at the school. I already have a few ideas on how that could be implemented, but I want to see everyone else's thoughts on this first. If you by chance have a thought or opinion on how it could work feel free to mention that as well.

1453138 I like the idea. Alot. And now that you mentioned weather, should we go Real Time, or wait a week, something new?

F4D3
Group Admin

Well, I feel going real time with the RP is kinda a bad idea, as I feel that's a bit of its problem. By which I mean everything happens way too fast for anyone to keep up. What I feel we should do is try to slow down the RP a bit, which I'm hoping we can accomplish with all of these new rules and regulations.

1453181 That makes sense...

F4D3
Group Admin

Makes sense as in "Yeah, I agree with you' or 'Whatever, I'll just roll with it'?

1453233 Alittle bit of Column A, alittle bit of Column B...

Midnight Words
Group Contributor

1453138 Liking it, but what about sessions? Also summer vacation?

F4D3
Group Admin

Possibly, but we'll need to see how this works. Season changes definitely sound like a good idea, but could also be confusing. As for vacations and things like that, we'd need to come to a consensus as to when they would happen and also what would happen during it.

Both could easily work, and luckily will most likely not require too much maintenance, which is a good thing.

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1453138>>1453233>>1453287>>1453184 the problem with that is that we often can't be on 24/7 if we were to do this it should only apply to main events, personal ones can be set in any time of the day they are posted in.

F4D3
Group Admin

Yeah, I pointed that out already. And that's why I'm saying just about anyone could do it, as long as thy're on at an appropriate time to do it.

And the new system I plan on implementing for events will most likely fix any other problems, hopefully.

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1453604 but I can't always be on at a appropriate time. Life happens!

F4D3
Group Admin

That's why there's eight admins! The chance is that at least one of us will usually be on in time to post it, and if not we can delegate it to someone else in the group who'd be willing to do it.

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1453626 no no no, I meant that PERSONAL EVENTS shouldn't have to happen in time with the main clock!

F4D3
Group Admin

Those who post an event will have to specify whether or not their thread will cycle along with day and night (as in it happens over a longer period of time) or only takes place in one moment, ignoring the phase changes.

:trixieshiftright:

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1453697 :facehoof: spank me I'm stupid!

F4D3
Group Admin

I don't think you're stupid... :fluttercry:

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1453744 but I wanted to be... fineee

F4D3
Group Admin

I'll spank you anyways if you want. :trollestia:

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1453793 maybe later, I've lost the sexy mood, that means regular RP time!

Melkor
Group Contributor

Stiggerzz is in Australia. I probably spelled that wrong, but you know who I'm talking about.

F4D3
Group Admin

I know, I made this with him in mind.

We have a lot of members that live in different time zones, I think this would help them interact better with the college. Keep in mind that we haven't yet set the time between day and night, or how it should be kept. It would be best to schedule the change between day and night at a time when the site, and to an extent the group, is more active.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 21