Weston College Annex 15 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 48 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 48

I'm pulling the applications I put together on the main group over here for discussion, so we can get them ironed out and don't forget about them. I'll add forms here a we make them, and update them for any changes.

Student Application:
Name:
Bio:

For the following statements, indicate if you Strongly Disagree, Disagree, Agree, Strongly Agree, or are Neutral:

1) I consider myself athletic, and highly enjoy fighting, sports, or martial arts.
2) I often like to draw, write, sing, or play music.
3) I am well-read, and many consider me highly intelligent.
4) I come from a very distinguished family tree.

5) The best way to face a problem is head-on.
6) I am somewhat eccentric, or others consider me so.
7) Knowledge is the key to all things.
8) There are few things that a few well placed bits can't take care of.

Sort the following in order from most important to least important:
Courage, Creativity, Intelligence, Nobility.

What are three of your key weaknesses? (Please use complete sentences.)

Would you consider yourself upper, middle, or lower class?

What special abilities do you bring to this college?

What would you like to accomplish in your time here?

If there are additional things you would like to tell us about yourself, please do so here:

Staff Application:
Name:
Physical Description:
Bio:

What position are you applying for?

Why do you want this position?

What skills do you bring to this position?

How would you describe your mental stability, and chances of being a threat to others?

Do you have any outstanding felonies or warrants out for your arrest? If so, please explain the circumstances.

Are you a convicted sexual offender? If so, please explain the circumstances.

If there are additional things you would like to tell us about yourself, please do so here:

Student Work Form:
Name:
Dorm(If applying for prefect or warden):

How would you describe your mental stability, and chances of being a threat to others?

Do you have any outstanding felonies or warrants out for your arrest? If so, please explain the circumstances.

One possible change, incidentally, that would make a lot of sense to me would be to scrap the application for prefect altogether, and just have the prefect positions for each dorm picked out by the staff. Opinions on this?

--Silvy

F4D3
Group Admin

I was being stupid when I suggested attaching the prefect/warden applications to those, so I say have either have the staff decide, or leave it to the dorm to decide via unanimous decision. I'm not quite sure how many positions will be opening up for those eight slots, as I'm hoping Blue can at least still have her position as prefect in the reboot.

Also, what about that HoH idea you talked about before, is that still a possibility to implement, or would it be simpler to just have prefects and wardens?

There's also the problem of the nurse, since she's come back she hasn't set foot in Weston, so I'm wondering about her role as nurse for the college...

Well, dorm warden requires a bit more from the person in question then prefect does, so that might still might be an application. I like the HoH idea, but the teachers should fit the dorm, and I'm not sure who would fit Scarlet Fox. That and my being vice principal, art teacher, and HoH for Violet Wolf would be a bit much, even if I am the logical choice as art teacher.

And I just saw her appear in the main group...

--Silvy

F4D3
Group Admin

Yeah, I noticed that too.

For what it's worth, Xeraphis would be perfect for HoH of Scarlet Fox in the reboot, as he'll basically be a king over a hive of changelings, instead of just a drone.

Alright. I had him pegged as Sapphire Owl as the science teacher. (And, oops, said the wrong dorm earlier. Corrected.

So, myself as art teacher for Violet Wolf, you as science teacher for Scarlet Fox, Ukiah's PE teacher for Green Lion, and Vengeful Spirit's math teacher for Sapphire Owl, perhaps?

--Silvy

F4D3
Group Admin

Is that the actual name for his OC? Regardless, if no one else takes the claim I'm sure he'd be perfect for the job.

No, don't know the name for his OC, unfortunately. He was willing to be the math teacher, though.

Oh, and while I know you don't get along with him, the main other person in the main group that is interested in discussing the changes on the reboot, and is helping with locations is Ukiah. Maybe we should add him to this group? Having a dissenting voice can actually be helpful occasionally.

--Silvy

F4D3
Group Admin

I see no problem with that, his opinions are worth something, after all.

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1427970 So you do love me deep down! I always knew it.
1427909 If we were to do HoH. I'd suggest Ancient Times as the one for Sapphire Owl. He was prefect of it in his backstory. White Whisper could work for the HoH of Green Lion. But it would be noted he also attended Sapphire Owl.1427694 I think having Prefects picked by the staff. Or the HoH and Headmistress to make sense. It should be the student that best represents the ideals of their dorm.

F4D3
Group Admin

Ancient Times as the one for Sapphire Owl

White Whisper could work for the HoH of Green Lion

You get one or the other. Choose. :ajbemused:

I never said your opinions were worth anything to me, but I'm sure some of the peole here are interested in what you have to say.

1428079>>1428095

I was trying for a different player for each HoH, and to minimize conflicts of interest, though I suspect I'll still end up with one with Sweetie Belle. Green Lion, I had less choices available with then Sapphire Owl...

--Silvy

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1428095 Ancient Times. I didn't like White Whisper as a HoH any way. Yes you do deep deep deep down in that trolling coal like heart.

F4D3
Group Admin

I don't troll. :ajbemused:

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1428119 Exactly:pinkiegasp::rainbowkiss::rainbowlaugh::trollestia:

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1427909 Scribble would be in the dorm with a art class I think... I might just redo the form and find out.

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

Cute Scribble or Princesse Yndig Skissa

16 years old

Alicorn (Secretly just Vampony)

Snow White coat, bright crimson hair, and light blue eyes. One of her most significant traits is the lack of any vocal chords.

After the events of An Artist's Dream, Twilight accends to Alicornhood. When it is accidently revealed that Scribble had gained a horn through vamponization, Twilight lies and passes it off as her also being a Alicorn. Since she isn't a real Alicorn she has no Earth pony magic and is incredibly frail. Since she isn't a real pegacorn either, her horn is fueled by feeding on blood.

Strongly Disagree
Strongly agree
Strongly agree
Agree

Disagree
Strongly disagree
Agree
Agree

Creativity, Nobility, Inteligence, and courage

Her three chief weaknesses are her physical frailty, general lack of magic, and intense shyness.

Royalty (but false)

The ability to draw things into reality using most physical artistic mediums

Surviving through her college years.

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1427923>>1428128>>1428119>>1428288

While I'm not actually sorting yet, I would read this as Sapphire Owl, with a very close second in Scarlet Fox. Now, if you considered being a mute vampony alicorn who can create things by drawing them to be eccentric, Violet Fox might be more of a possibility...

--Silvy

I think I'll change the wording of the 'eccentric' question in fact, since it should include if you consider yourself eccentric, not just how others see you.

--Silvy

SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

Well, that looks like fun.

Name: Sweetie Belle
Race: Unicorn
Physical Description: White unicorn, pink and purple mane, green eyes.
Bio:
After an accident tossed her into a pocket dimension somewhat after the end of the show, Sweetie Belle had quite a number of adventures before eventually receiving an invitation to the college.

For the following statements, indicate if you Strongly Disagree, Disagree, Agree, Strongly Agree, or are Neutral:
I consider myself athletic, and highly enjoy fighting, sports, or martial arts. SD
I often like to draw, write, sing, or play music.SA
I am well-read, and many consider me highly intelligent. A
I come from a very distinguished family tree. N

The best way to face a problem is head-on. D
I am somewhat eccentric, or others consider me so. A (CMC)
Knowledge is the key to all things.N
There are few things that a few well placed bits can't take care of. D
Creativity, Intelligence, Courage, Nobility.

Oh dear. I can get confused pretty easily, can be a little naive at times, can be kinda clumsy. and am not really much of a fighter. Also, I don't have a cutie mark. Wait, you only said three, didn't you?
middle.
Well, I actually know a fair about about making clothes, know a few healing spells and first aid, I can sing and write songs, and I'm very good at making friends.
I'd like to learn more about self-defense, improve my magic, and get better at singing and writing song lyrics. I'd also like to hug everypony on campus at least once.

Name: Silver Bell
Bio:
Actually, my memories are kinda confused right now, since I was split off by accident from Sweetie Belle. Not sure I have much of a history due to that.

I consider myself athletic, and highly enjoy fighting, sports, or martial arts. A
I often like to draw, write, sing, or play music.N

The best way to face a problem is head-on. N
I am somewhat eccentric, or others consider me so. A (CMC)
Knowledge is the key to all things.A
Intelligence, Creativity, Courage, Nobility.

Well, my memory totally sucks, especially since I remember being good at things as Sweetie Belle that I'm not good at. I don't have a cutie mark. And, honestly, I'm easier to confuse then Sweetie Belle is, at this point. Oh, right, can't do anything with my horn other then levitate things. Small things.
middle.
Well, I'm not that bad at sports, and I remember potion-making pretty well. Think I can do a bit of fighting, too.
Get my mind less muddled, learn how to do magic beyond a little levitation, and maybe improve my fighting skills.

Name: SB
Bio:
Look, I don't really want to talk about that. I'm with Silvy, and some pretty f***ed up things hap'ned to me in the past, 'kay?

I consider myself athletic, and highly enjoy fighting, sports, or martial arts. SA
I often like to draw, write, sing, or play music.N

The best way to face a problem is head-on. A
I am somewhat eccentric, or others consider me so. SA
Knowledge is the key to all things.D
Courage, Intelligence, Creativity, Nobility.

What the h*** kinda questions that? I'm angry, violent, f***ed up inna head, and set things on fire accidentally alot, all right? An' I can't do magic 'cept settin' things on fire. An' I have real bad nightmares, an' can't really stand getin' near anyone. An', wait, why'm I tellin' you all this, anyway?
lower.
I'm good at setting people on fire. And I can take down up to three adults at a time and leave at least one havin' to pee sittin' down.
Survive. Get my head a little less f***'d up. Maybe actually do magic b'yond settin' things on fire.

None of this is final, but we should test the form out a bit, and see if it works well...

--Sweetie Belle

Melkor
Group Contributor

Name:Blue Flicker

Race:Pegasus

Physical Description:Semi darkish blue coat, with a light blue mane/orange highlights, and orange eyes.

Bio: Joined up with the Royal Guard at a young age. Though he was actually too young, ponies pulled some strings behind the scenes to let him enlist.
His main goal right now is to keep Frappe on track, and make sure she doesn't get kicked out again.
Ever since their parents untimely demise he's been extremely overprotective of her.

1)Strongly Agree
2)Strongly Disagree
3)Agree
4)I don't know, though it's possible
5)Strongly Agree
6)Strongly Disagree
7)Agree
8)Agree

Nobility, courage, intelligence, creativity

What are three of your key weaknesses?
My family seems to pass down "Egotism" genetically.
I am quick to anger.
Low charisma. I tend to get on a lot of ponies bad sides.
Upper Class
I'm a Jack of all trades, master of everything.
*I don't think it goes like that*
This is my paper, I can say what I want.
I want to make everyone better, like me.
I'm going to be heading the JROTC program.
*Related to the demi-god Atar, though neither Frappe nor Flicker are aware of this*
*Atar is an ex-Q, and when they gave him the choice of what species to be, he picked "Time Lord" after getting caught in the great Time War, he was thrust through a dimensional crack, erasing everything ever known about him*
*Yes, I'm saying that Frappe and Flicker are related to a (Ex) Q Time Lord*
*Make of that what you will*
*No he will not have magic OPness*

Oh dear. Am I going to end up sorting all the admins characters first? Though I do suppose we need to properly test how well it works. You're missing the answer to one of the disagree/agree statements, though.

--Silvy

Name: Straightjacket

Physical Description: White coat, sliver mane and tail, wearing a somewhat worn straight jacket,

Bio: Born to nobles in Canterlot, but was deemed mentally unstable at age 3, Straightjacket has spent a majority of his life Canterlot Pen. While there, they preformed a series of tests, beta drugs, and even magically removed his front legs. Since then, his magic flow has never stopped, and he now walks with two magically made dragon like arms protruding from his back.

1) I consider myself athletic, and highly enjoy fighting, sports, or martial arts: Neutral

2) I often like to draw, write, sing, or play music: Neutral

3) I am well-read, and many consider me highly intelligent: Agree... to a certain degree...

4) I come from a very distinguished family tree: Agree

5) The best way to face a problem is head-on: Disagree

6) I am somewhat eccentric, or others consider me so: Agree

7) Knowledge is the key to all things: Maybe... wouldn't know...(Neutral)

8) There are few things that a few well placed bits can't take care of: Neutral

Courage, Creativity, Intelligence, Nobility.

One would be death of a close friend, how could someone deal with that? Next would be if someone cut off my horn, not only would it hurt, but no more magic. And lastly, silence. I know it seems weird at first, but when you're in solitary confinement for about five or six years it becomes deafening

Was considered upper, but now I think I'm at least lower-middle.

...None really... I'm mean yes, given the motivation I can do something spectacular, but otherwise, no...

....I'll get back to you on that. It never accord to me...

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1427694(I guess every pony is doing this. So I'll join the Bandwagon.)

Name: Ukaih Arbez... Just call me Ukaih or Stripy.

Race: Zebra

Physical Description: He's striped of course. His stripes are zig zaggy. Around his left eye is a jagged black circle. His eyes are a light pink. On his back are two bulging saddlepacks made out of weaved grass.

Bio: Both my parents died on my first birthday. I was then raised by my Grandparents. I learned many things during those 14 years. Since my Grandparents keep pushing me to be the very best. Sadly I soon realised that I had no friends. At first this didn't bother me. Why do I need friends when I'm a god? But Demer seeing my error. Told me of the story of Princess Twilight Sparkle. Hearing this I knew I would need to go make friends. So I then talked to one of my generals of my kingdom the Underworld. His name was Sebastian. He then told me of his wife college. He then got his wife to let me in. One problem remained my grandparents. My grandfather wanted me to continue as I had gone. My grandmother supported me. They soon came at an agreement. My grandfather than split me in half. One half into well me. Then the other into Sedah Kamaka. Because of this I lost my god status. I was then sent back into Ytic Dlareme. Luckly my parents were the rulers of Ytic Dlareme. So I became Prince. My older sister agreed to rule while I was gone. Bless her name Mystic Arbez or as that outsider calls her Mystic Stripes. My power hungry cousins sadly will try to take over the throne in my absence. But onward and upward I go to Weston College.

1) A
2) N
3) A
4) SA
5) SDA
6) SA
7) N
8) SA

Nobility, Courage, Intelligence, Creativity

Well I have more than three weaknesses but here we go. Dark Magic is the biggest one. If I am hit with a very powerful dark magic spell. I'll die fairly quickly. I also have never really made any friends. So I find it hard to converse with other ponies. Which can interpret that I'm shy. My third one is more of a disability. But I'm blind. The separation caused me to become blind. It lets me see the world in a new perception though( Bada tss)

I am above upper class as royalty.

I bring fairly powerful magic, endless riches, and powerful allies.

I've come to learn more about how it is to be normal. Make friends and wonderful memories.

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1428363 doesn't filling out a form in third person count as eccentric?

Melkor
Group Contributor

Whoops.:twilightblush:
Fixed.
I like how you have them numbered now, that's convenient.

F4D3
Group Admin

Scribble's sixteen? That's a bit awkward, especially since Wonder is twenty two...

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1430028 wait WHAT?!?!

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1430028 EXPLAIN!!! EEEEXXXPLLLAAAAIINNNN!!

F4D3
Group Admin

1430069>>1430055
I've said that over and over again, it's on her original application, which I showed you... :trixieshiftright:

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1430086 *facehoof* sCRIBble ROBBER!

F4D3
Group Admin

I dunno, I might make her younger, but I want her to be able to drink alcoholic beverages... :applejackunsure:

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1430119 Scribble always looks two years older than she is, and you can make her 21 thus, 18(16) and 21, not that bad.

Well, I was hoping I wouldn't be the only one sorting people, since I'd like to know if this works for other people too. Also, keep in mind this isn't final, and I am not judging whether the character is allowed in at the moment.

Sweetie Belle - Violet Wolf
Silver Bell - Sapphire Owl
SB - Green Lion

Blue Flicker - Green Lion

And yes, I decided that the numbers would help out on this. The applications after the numbers are much easier to read.

Straightjacket - Violet Wolf

This marks the first time I've had to use the four sorted attributes...
Ukiah - Scarlet Fox

Compared to everything else I mentioned, it's normal. But I'm judging eccentricity by what you put for that item, not from what I can tell by the rest of the form.

And, as I mentioned earlier: Scribble - Sapphire Owl

I find it rather interesting that I've sorted two characters into each house except for Scarlet Fox. Seems promising.

--Silvy

1430141 What do mean "Sorted Attributes?"

F4D3
Group Admin

Eh, I'll think about it, although, that brings into question why Scribble's parents were okay with their teenage being impregnated, let alone marrying the mare that did so.

The 'Sort the following in order from most important to least important' section. It's actually used as a tiebreaker.

--Silvy

F4D3
Group Admin

I'll help if I can with dorm sorting, although I still have my own characters to worry about...

No problem. It might help if you just look at a few characters I already sorted without looking where I sorted, try sorting them yourself, and see if you get the same result. I just hope everyone realizes that I'm still expecting these applications again after the reboot.

And you may as well add your own characters to the list, since everyone else did.

--Silvy

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1430156 they are very liberal?

The drinking age is stupid anyway! Weston College is a pseudo dimension! Why does it even follow other dimensions' drinking age?!

1430119>>1430347

The real question is why it would follow the drinking age in the United States. 18 is more common. And it's an imitation of a UK school, where it would be 18, 16 - 17 if you consume wine, beer, and cider with a meal, and younger if at home with the permission of a parent or guardian.

--Silvy

F4D3
Group Admin

*shrugs*

I was given pretty much full permission to write the back story for the college, so I don't know. The college was once part of a dimension, but due to the escapades of a certain unnamed dorm the reality surrounding the college fell apart. I could change it though, or someone else can change it, but I'm not all too sure I want to see Scribble drunk... Or maybe I do and just don't know it yet...

F4D3
Group Admin

Eh, then it'll most likely lower. The last time I even thought about drinking ages was when I was watching an episode of Castle, which was a while ago...

Melkor
Group Contributor

Staff Application: Eru Iluvatar (Admin)

Name:Blue Flicker

Race:Pegasus

Physical Description:Semi darkish blue coat, with a light blue mane w/orange highlights, and orange eyes.

Bio: Joined up with the Royal Guard at a young age. Though he was actually too young, ponies pulled some strings behind the scenes to let him enlist.
His main goal right now is to keep Frappe on track, and make sure she doesn't get kicked out again.
Ever since their parents untimely demise he's been extremely overprotective of her.

JROTC Head Instructor (SASI)
Someone needs to do it, and I think I'll be the best.
I have experience in this field of work.
My family seems to pass down "Egotism" genetically.
I am quick to anger.
Low charisma. I tend to get on a lot of ponies bad sides.
I want to make everyone better, and more like me.
I'm stable, and too narcissistic to do anything drastic.
Nien.
Nien.
I have friends in high places.

F4D3
Group Admin

I think question six of the student application could use some rewording, in order to balance it out, as I'm beginning to notice not many students were appointed to Violet Wolf. If they're supposed to be the eccentrics of the school, how about a question involving unique hobbies or something?

That's one reason we were testing it. Well, that and everyone decided they wanted to know their characters dorms early. I did notice that that question still seemed problematic. Still not sure what to replace it with, though.

--Silvy

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1427694((Should we post this at the main group?))

F4D3
Group Admin

It isn't finished yet. We still need to make sure everything else we need from it is fair and balanced. That, and Silvy making a new application form brings into question what additions this one might need in order to balance things out.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 48