Weston College Annex 15 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 34 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 34
Melkor
Group Contributor

I believe there should be a place where we approve/disapprove new locations.
We used to just let people make as many locations as they wanted, and that led to many unnecessary places.

As well as a guideline on how people should/can post their own threads.
There were far too many derailment threads, and they got ridiculous.

This could be solved by having a good schedule, because half of those threads were "I'm bored, so stuff is happening"

F4D3
Group Admin

Yes, we do need guidelines on what is and isn't allowed to be posted, predominately Events, at least in my opinion.

If you give me a moment I'll tell you my thoughts in a bit more detail...

1423433>>1423465

I'd agree on building permits. I was somewhat hoping we could get rid of some of the old locations, really, and I plan to not sticky a number of them and have them linked to in a stickied thread to save main page space instead.

We could certainly add a building permit form to the Application office, and make people apply for it there.

As far as people being bored, I was hoping club activities would alleviate that to some extent. If classes are during the weekends, I expect clubs would often be scheduled during the week.

I've been considering temporary bans for derailing other peoples threads, as well, if they were either a serious discussion or a roleplaying thread. Initially just deleting the offending posts, of course.

--Silvy

F4D3
Group Admin

1423567>>1423433
I'm fairly certain after the reboot there won't be much need to have any more locations, and having them link through each other is a great way to save up space is a great idea. But that doesn't mean students, or teachers, wouldn't want to open up a shop for them to sell specific goods that pertain to their interests and skills. That's what I think building permits should be used for.

We already have plenty of different locations, adding any more would be a bit much in my opinion, but on the off chance someone has a valid reason to add another one it should be done so using said permit.

To that extent I feel we might need another tag for that as well, (Shop) or (Store), in order to signify that things can be bought, traded, or sold there. None of these would be stickied, and would instead be linked through the Knightstone Village thread.

Onto derailment threads, in my opinion we should have one (Off Topic) thread for people to chat OOC, doing so anywhere else and being caught will result in some form of punishment, predominately a temporary ban, but other possibilities should be explored as well.

As for events, those who would like to make an off schedule event, on schedule being class, dining Hall and club threads, should be posted before hand, and be approved by a member of staff, preferably the headmistress and vice principal.

I think there is a distinction between a permanent location and a temporary one, too. Some locations were really just created for one event.

I like the shop or store tag. Though perhaps it should be (Merchant). Didn't we have at least one traveling merchant character planned for the reboot?

On the topic of punishments, we really need to keep track of in-game punishments, such as detentions, and make sure they are carried out, too. I think Sweetie Belle is the only one that fully did their detention, and Red and Blue were in process of it during the reboot. We need who has detention and what their detention is kept track of, and if it was completed.

Having scheduled events is good, but I think there should be room for unscheduled ones, if, say, Sweetie Belle wants to get together some of the members of the SOS Brigade and look for Occult activity one day when nothing else is going on, for example.

--Silversmith Senna Spoon

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1423433>>1423465>>1423567 I'm hoping to draw a official map of the college and a rough sketch of the Knightstone Hamlet. A official listing with descriptions would make it insanely easier.

F4D3
Group Admin

We're in the process of doing so, but it will most likely take a while. Keep in mind there are other places in between Weston and Kinghtstone. Examples being the castle ruins and mines, the Dreadnought Mountains, the forest and the fields.

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1423911 Scribble is hoping to open a shop which will sell some of her companies products and a few of her own creations.

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1423948 There's a castle!!?!? Why didn't you tell me?! Scribble could pay to have it renovated as a historical landmark and collect subsidies under the name of her park company.

Melkor
Group Contributor

For you, I'll finish my list.:ajsmug:

Somebody get my Tylenol.:ajsleepy:

F4D3
Group Admin

Perhaps we should have additional tags for those then? I've actually been thinking about that myself. Especially when an event is just a few people doing something. Perhaps we should have a (Public Event) and (Private Event) in order to help get rid of confusion and trouble revolving around characters intruding?

Yes, Kragor was planning on having one of his characters do so, I believe he said it was Susumu.

Blue served hers, but perhaps that could be something posted on the announcement board?

Maybe Fridays and Saturdays should be time for Events, Classes taking dominance of Sunday and Monday, with clubs having from Tuesday to Thursday, and Monday just being a relax day where nothing's allowed to get scheduled?

F4D3
Group Admin

I see no reason why not, although that brings up a point we're gonna have to talk about later on.

F4D3
Group Admin

It's owned by somepony.

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1423991 *nods*

1423999 they obviously are neglecting their duty to protect Equestria's historical heritage if it is in ruins. A easy legal battle to win.

F4D3
Group Admin

Not really. He kinda owns the entire dimension we're living in. He keeps it that way for sentimental reasons, as well as to keep his most prized possession hidden from prying eyes and thieving hooves.

F4D3
Group Admin

Look on the bright side, you'll still have your own store with which I'm sure will create more than enough revenue for you. Not to mention, it's been rumored that wraiths stalk the ruins and the mines, preying on unsuspecting trespassers.

Public vs. Private Events would be good, but I think most people knew which events were supposed to be private, and posted in them anyways. Private events should have a character list at the bottom of the first post for who is allowed, and we'll need to punish violators. Maybe we need a demerit system or something.

The main things with detentions is we really need one admin to keep track of them and update a post. The people who give the detentions report to them, and it's reported when they are complete.

Not sure people will remember those divisions, and it may be a little limiting. I'll think about it...

Incidentally, any opinions on the Sapphire Owl description in the Locations thread?

--Silvy

1425015 Pretty well done. Also, I think Keats the owl could be made the dorm pet.

F4D3
Group Admin

That's what I was planning, and hopefully once we're done setting up rules we'll have a guideline for proper punishments and such. Demerits could work. And reporting felonies to one person could get a bit daunting for whoever that might be in the end, maybe it should be two people managing it? Either way that could also be feasible.

To be honest, I was just throwing out ideas without thinking. I can barely remember those divisions now that I think about it.

On the Sapphire Owl Dorm, I'll admit I liked it, but I think it might be a bit much. Putting it bluntly, we'll need to match that with every other dorm, something I fear we might not be able to do. The fact of the matter is that it was established very early on that Sapphire Owl was the 'place to be' as it were, and because of that that thread received a lot of attention while the others remained unused. Maybe we should take out a few bits and place them in other dorms to balance it out? And I'm with you on there being a greenhouse at the college, it's a good idea. And I have to say, you really did a good job with the revision to the original description that was given. I read what HE originally posted and... Yeah...

F4D3
Group Admin

Reading his latest post for Scarlet Fox... I can say I don't like the direction he took with it.

It should be a place for the more well off students of the school, not show offs and overly ordained fixtures. I was thinking there should be a tennis court, and maybe some more preppy things, not an entire army.

I could easily give Keats a cameo in the introduction. Any other dorm pets I should be aware of?

Well, the headmistress and vice-principal come to mind, but that's one of the troubles with having two of the important slots run by the same person. Certainly not the Joker, in any case.

I am planning on doing another revision to it after I have all the other dorm descriptions, and I'll probably move some of the bits that aren't too sapphire owl specific around. The herb garden's likely to go to violet owl, for example. Though it may also get a few less savory herbs in it, given that dorm. I'm hoping part of the reason it seems so nice to me is that I'm more of a sapphire owl or violet wolf personality, though.

And to be fair, I did keep a lot of the details from his description. It did help as a guide, once I added a bunch of paragraph marks to separate areas. I had to take revising it rather slowly, though.

((And it probably does show to a certain extent that my main account has written several fanfics. I've had some practice. I've even been the proofreader on two fanfics.))

Hmm, right, over-priviledged upper class students aren't going to appreciate having to navigate through a maze to get to their classes from their dorm, security should probably be a few elderly butler-types with mustaches, and the dorms should be fairly similar from outside, or at least similar to the pictures in the manga. And yes, tennis would be good. Though not cricket. That's Green Lion.

--Silvy

F4D3
Group Admin

Seeing as Sebastian is Cielia's butler now, as it was in the anime, the role of vice principal would most likely fall to you, once again. And I'd be glad to help revise to the dorms once I the have time. If I'm lucky, I'll have the entirety of tomorrow to finish writing the school's prologue, as well as a few locations.

And as for body guards, I believe this guy would be a perfect example.

1425597 Wilde is the dorm pet for Violet Wolf, Goethe is the pet for Green Lion, and Wordsworth will be the pet for Scarlet Fox.

1425692 I changed that. Sebastian has less appearances and is the husband of Cielia.

F4D3
Group Admin

He's not the vice principal though, right?

1425724 Right. He's just going to spend his time in Hell, doing his duties as a demon prince.

F4D3
Group Admin

Alright, that works just as well I suppose.

1425692>>1425740

Alright, in that case, I may as well take on the same roles I had right at the end before the reboot, then, as art teacher and vice-principal, if there aren't any objections. I knew Ceil/Ceilia and Sebastian's roles were in flux, but I wasn't sure where they had finally ended up. And it is less confusing if talking in grey indicates being in charge. ^_^

And the list of pets is very helpful, thanks.

And yes, that's the type of butler/bodyguard I had in mind. He seems to be a common anime stereotype. And he can, of course, be a combat butler if anything bad happens. I'd prefer this to be more in the comedy genre, really.

--Silvy
((I may have read a large number of 'Hayate the Combat Butler' manga at one point...))

F4D3
Group Admin

((Well, he's from a comedy manga, although he himself isn't very comedic all that much))

((Well, there are serious butlers of that type, too. There may be a pony butler named Greywithers in the first two chapters of Cubic Zirconia that my main account wrote who also fits in the stereotype, though I don't believe he has a mustache.))

F4D3
Group Admin

((I had a feeling that was your main account, but yes, for the most part I'd say the common stereotype of butlers works fine, as they usually stay in the back ground and only come out for important reasons. I'd imagine the school has an awful lot of expendable staff members that never get mentioned... Which reminds me, ever wonder who cooks the food at Weston?))

I'm assuming there's an unmentioned kitchen connected to the dining hall, with a kitchen staff. In fact, I was assuming that I talked to them about adding more variety when I became headmistress, and that's why the food selection expanded. Writing them in was something I thought about doing at one point, but didn't.

And I now seem to have Twilight Sparkle watching me as I post...

--Silvy

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 34