Project Nautilus 8 members · 1 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13
Wingless
Group Admin

Okay, since Google is being a total douche canoe, I went ahead and rewrote it directly on FiMfiction. The first chapter is up, but the story is yet to be submitted. I would like all of your opinions and suggestions first. Most likely I will do this for all chapters I post, for both my and any of your story chapters as well, so that we can all stay up to date.

HERE is the story link, and as usual, the password is Tom Selleck Mustache Ride. Enjoy!

Pirate Jesus
Group Admin

I see it. :pinkiehappy:

I'll give it a deeper read tomorrow. I'm using the last few minutes of consciousness I have left updating the long abandoned sixth chapter of my personal HiE. Sorry. :fluttercry:

Carpinus Caroliniana
Group Contributor

Read it. Here's my first impression:

Houston, Santa Maria. Rodger that Flight. Computer affirms systems go."

- it's "roger".

from it's Earthly bounds

- should be "its".

"I guess it's supposed to work like a normal radar, but I guess it uses some other type of wavelength that moves quicker through space. Guess it won't have interference from Mars' atmosphere like normal radar would.

- all electromagnetic radiation moves at c. So I'm confused. Perhaps he meant to say that the wavelength used is less likely to be absorbed by interplanetary debris or suffer interference due to solar flares and/or other phenomena?

So far, from my minimal knowledge of spaceflight and astrophysics, everything seems pretty accurate.

Wingless
Group Admin

1598525 Yea I haven't had a chance to properly proofread and edit yet. As far was wavelengths go, that was... sorta my intentions, but to be honest, I knew one of you would explain it better than I. I may change it, but Mikko wasn't too sure how it works either, so perhaps one of the other characters can explain it in full later on.

FenrisianBrony
Group Contributor

I like it. A few bits here and there, but Velkaden has already pointed those out.

Wingless
Group Admin

1609182>>1598525>>1598437 If there are no further objections, I will publish it.

Pirate Jesus
Group Admin

I second the motion.

FenrisianBrony
Group Contributor

I all for it. On a side note, how are we planning on communicating between the authors?

Wingless
Group Admin

1618416>>1617671 How I see it is this: there will be my initial chapter for the background and build up of the plot. The only characters during these chapters will be my own, or who won't survive the upcoming chapter. At this point, everyone else in their hibernation. There will be, after these upcoming chapters, a couple where we will need to communicate a lot, as we will all be together, awake, and talking as certain things are explained that will further the plot. (I.E. Mikko will tell the group of the destruction of Earth that takes place in the next chapter.) After these where we will need open and thorough communication, the group will go their separate ways, and the only communication needed between authors will be if two author's character go/stay in the same place, so events can be the same in two different stories, and of course so that everyone can agree on the next chapter people post. Again, the need for people agreeing on each chapter is so that events that happen in one story don't affect what is supposed to take place in someone else's story. I'm think Skype will be best, or if anyone else can think of a chat service we might all use I'm up for it. I'll do up another thread to get people's Skype/chat names n whatnot.

Pirate Jesus
Group Admin

Copy that, Commander.

Pirate Jesus
Group Admin

I have two somewhat yet not related comments. First, Is my son with me on the ship or not? I have story options for both, though I'd prefer he survive the cataclysm. Secondly, I am totally making a Space Oddity reference in this fic. Just warning.

Wingless
Group Admin

1619563 That's up to you. I haven't provided a reader with a crew list as of yet.

Pirate Jesus
Group Admin

Alright. Just double checking. :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13