Feeling Suicidal? Talk With Us. 473 members · 77 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

That's it. I'm pretty much completely alone. No friends, no significant other, despite my best efforts. My mom doesn't understand the problems I'm living with, my dad changes the subject if I bring it up, and my sister actively wants me to kill myself. The emotional pain is bad enough, but the fact that I have to deal with it alone is hell.

7906814 Other people also have to deal with their own struggles, and maybe they're even failing at their own burdens. Taking on your burden as well might just overload them further.

It would be nice if your family could help you. But know that receiving help is a privilege, not a right. It's up to them to choose for themselves whether they give the gift of help to others or not.

It's too bad that you can't rely on your family in these matters, but perhaps that's just the way things are.

One thing to know is that you will outgrow them eventually. You'll make a life of your own. Perhaps even a family of your own. The close-family world you're currently in is only one of the worlds you'll live through in your life. It may be your whole world now, but it won't be like that forever.

Sometimes, the best thing you can do is nothing. In tough situations, you can bide your time until you get through them.

Seeking help is always preferable. But if all access to that are closed for you, and the search causes you too much stress, you can try waiting it out until you build a security net in your future.

If you can't talk to people around you in life, how about online? Even on this site, there are loads of cool people. And you've written a whole bunch of fics, so you must have some fans, right?

Yeah, but no friends.

Can be a start to making some, though.

Maybe send a message to someone who likes your stories and has stories you like?

Or see if anyone is advertising Discord servers - they can be good places to make friends if they're fairly active.

Shameless plug of Discord server:
https://discord.gg/sgCwgkzc

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8