Grimdark Tails 440 members · 591 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13

I’m fairly new to both the site and the fandom as a whole and I’m currently writing my first story which would definitely fit well here since it’s a crossover with Slither from 2006, one of my favorite horror movies of all time. I’m looking to meet new people, find new stories and possibly making new friends while I work through my crippling self doubt so if you are interested in discussing story ideas or other stuff please leave a comment or send me a message.

Welcome to Fimfiction.

I checked out Slither on a wiki.
Yeah, this might be fun.

I suggest for your first story, you try for something short.
Why?

Writing can be very complicated, and to get a grasp on most of what's needed, it's easier to work with something small.
As you get better, you can work up to longer stories.

But, depending on how much you put in, the whole story could fit in four or five chapters. There are issues with either stretching or squashing a story into the wrong amount of chapters.

One thing you could do do, is to look at Slither at an abstract level.
How would the ponies react to a strange meteor like the one in Slither?
This would give you more freedom because you won't have to worry about trying to translate what happens on Earth to Equestria.
You can just focus on Equestria. Or you can do your story in the EQG, equestrian guys universe.

As far as self doubt goes, that could be useful.
If you stop before doing something to make sure everything is alright, that's good.

Don't be afraid of failure, you'll never improve without screwing stuff up.

Thank you so much for the advice and the support. I will think about it next time I write.

I suggest learning how to manage tension when you're doing horror.
Decent pacing is very important.

Also have some descriptive skills would be important too.

Oh yeah, make sure you have some relateable chars too.
You want the readers rooting or at least interested in some of your characters.

Will remember that as well. Thanks.

Hello 👋
Nice to meet you and thanks for replying.

So how long have you been a fan of the series and when did you first start to write stories?

I have been writing for around five years now I guess. Been a fan since 2013.

Nice. I was interested in Mlp for a few years before I decided to actually join the fandom and watch the show. Before that I read fanfics and I was genuinely surprised by not only how well written they were but also that they had mature and thought provoking themes. I have tried to write my own horror story but I keep getting stuck even though it is moving forward.

I’m glad it is moving forward. And yes I agree. Some stories I can write with little effort. Others take some work to get past the finish line. I look forward to reading it when it’s done.

Thanks I appreciate it

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13