Equestria Daily 712 members · 2,251 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

Now this is me just being curious, as I have been for quite a while, and now with the group notes back and I remembered what I wanted to say months ago...

When are you all going to actually start adding stories to this group?
I only ask because I know that there are other people from outside EqD and its prereaders who have offered to fill these folders (users like Danger Beans, who has constructed their own EqD Story Compendium which is in no way official yet almost three times as thorough as this one), and while there was definitely a spike many months ago, nowadays the only stories I ever see added here are Pascoite fics added by Pasco himself.

Somewhere along the line, did you guys lose interest in this, or simply decide that it wasn't viable or worth keeping up to date? That would be fair enough, sure. But as I, for one, am a rather vain bastard who likes his victories (and especially with the way we can set our own featured groups alongside our stories), I would like it if the stories on Equestria Daily were actually added here, including the nine of mine that have made the blog. Yes, I would very much like to have this group tab on display next to my stories where applicable.

I know it's a monumental task and I'm just a fleck of dust in these hallowed halls, but I'd at least like to know if this group will amount to anything more than "Pascoite Daily." (No offense directed at you, dude, you're a great writer and deserve your successes)

edit: this would also save us having to put a (some people call it) pretentious-looking accolade in our story descriptions about it.

Pascoite
Group Contributor

It was originally Alexstrazsa's plan to add all the stories on EqD (well, at least all the ones posted here, of course) to this group, but he quickly realized how big a task that was and gave up. Now, it's just what ones it occurs to us to add. I'd put in ones I'd approved for posting, except that'd compromise my identity. So I add my own, any that other PRs approved that I happen to think of (which is rare), and ones people have asked me to add. So if there are stories you want added, PM one of the group's admins. Just please don't flood us with a ton of PMs at once. Honestly, I don't know how many people pay attention to this group.

If there's a user who cares to take it upon himself to do this work, maybe PM Alex and see if he's okay with adding an admin to do that.

Hey, maybe you all should promote some trusted and driven folks that would just add stories to the group in their spare time, but are not connected to EqD's staff at all. They'd act as a buffer so that identity revelation isn't an issue.

Alexstrasza appears to be the only admin of the group. I remember Danger Beans offering to do the work for him ages ago but nothing seemed to come of it.
It's best if you reply to the person you're talking to, otherwise they might miss what you've said.

Good call

Hey, maybe you all should promote some trusted and driven folks that would just add stories to the group in their spare time, but are not connected to EqD's staff at all. They'd act as a buffer so that identity revelation isn't an issue.

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer
Group Contributor

You can always send me a PM if there's something you want added. (Include a fimfic link to the story, and maybe an EQD link too so I don't have to do any searching. :V)

Pascoite
Group Contributor

3836093 In the members list, anyone with a + next to their name can add stories as well.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7