Everfree Northwest Readers and Writers 286 members · 305 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8
EverfreeNorthwest
Official EFNW
Group Admin

Hello everypony!

Everfree Northwest, boasting the largest and most in-depth writing track of any My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic fan convention, has become something of a literary hub for the MLP:FiM convention circuit. EFNW 2014 is shaping up to be just as, if not more, exciting for our writing track, but we want to hear from you the community!

What do you want to see from us in regards to our writing track for 2014? What events or panels do you want to see? What did we do right and what could use some improvement? We want to hear from you so we can make the best writing events and panels!

We look forward to hearing your feedback!

Something about how to write story descriptions might be good.

Perhaps a bit about how to write convincing dialog. Maybe as a part of 'how to write the three kinds of scenes, Action, Reflection, and Dialog'?

Or perhaps something along the lines of brainstorming: how to come up with ideas, and then how to translate those ideas into a usable premise.

The author/reader hangout was by far my favorite aspect of EFNW 2013. The informal atmosphere allowed authors to wax eloquent on whatever aspects of writing they desired and facilitated the telling of old war stories from the beginning of the fandom.

Piquo Pie
Group Admin

It was by and far the most popular event which was surprising because people didn't expect that. At least a dozen stopped by to check it out before going to ponystock and never ended up at ponystock.

It did amuse me to read that Bronycon had a similar event and called theirs "Quills & Sofas". It worked quite well, because they had authors hanging out on couches...

Piquo Pie
Group Admin

Sadly we wouldn't be able to do that feasibly. Some of our guests last year had entire dining tables to themselves and fans/interested parties. And couches for 10 guests is a lot of couches to fit people on comfortably.

It's also kind of fun to get in a conversation and suddenly realize your talking to one of your favorite authors.

Oh, I'm aware. I wasn't intending to say that we should do it, just that the concept and wordplay amused me.

Either way, as far as actual panels go, I'd be interested in seeing some more proofing/editing panels, both from the author's perspective and from the proofer's. I'd love to know how typical my own experience is, and what different styles exist.

Piquo Pie
Group Admin

Well, it helps when both the cups aren't poisoned :raritywink:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8