FlashLight 922 members · 333 stories
Comments ( 24 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 24

Hey guys!

I saw the Rainbow Rocks movie a while ago on my Netflix, and I was happy to see my second most favorite stallion again!
And this:

made squuueeeelllll in happiness!

so tell me in the comments below, what makes you like this pegasus?:rainbowkiss:

3946533 the potential we have for him, well, the guard version.
That and he ticks off the Twilight Waifu crowd. :ajsmug::rainbowlaugh::trollestia::eeyup:

Comment posted by brandonvortex deleted Jan 6th, 2015

As a guard pony hes awsome but as a human version of flash he lack of character development which is shame that creators didnt even bother to expand his character development in 2nd movie. I hope in future they expand his character development in both EG and MLP

and also he been hated by most of MLP fandom and they called them as Waifu stealer since people love twilight soo much that some of them wanted twiley be their wife and also fans wanted shipping twilight with each of the mane 5 and spike and also shining armor or even cadance too

still its sad that most of fandom hate him soo much but same time i feel annoying when people keep calling him waifu stealer and hated him. God its annoying just stop i think its enough for them to hate him and give him a chance and creator chance to think something about flash sentry character developments

3946533 I love Flash. He can steal my waifu any day of the week.

Flash is awesome because he has so much potential. We can make him into anything we want, so he can do anything or could be anything.:twilightsmile:

3946533 the way he stole all the waifu's

3946533 I may not be a huge fantasy fan, but I have always liked the idea of the princess and her knight in shining armor. It's one reason why i like Cadence and Shining so much. I think Flash has a lot of room to expand in the movies and the show itself. He hasn't had much development thus far so he is kind of a blank slate in a way. When it comes to his interactions with Twilight, i see him as the best match for her in a shipping sense. Not just because i enjoy the princess and her knight thing, but because looking at every other character we have seen, he is the best choice if not the only logical choice in my mind. Unless Twi just happens to end up being a lesbian.

Also on the topic of Flash himself, i've always like the idea of the royal guards. I think they are intresting and i would like to see something involving a whole bunch of them on some mission. Anyway, other then Shining, Flash is really the only other guard who holds some sort of role or even has a name to himself.

Man i better cut this short before it turns into a rant or a monologue. Anyways, i like Flash. I think his character is interesting and he has a lot of potential and hater on earth will change my mind.

He's basically a blank slate and only exists because the Powers that Be in Hasbro decided the movie's lead needed a love interest. Why? I don't know. His existence serves no purpose so the writers have no reason to develop his personality. He's a generic "bad boy" archetype with all of the "bad boy"-ness extracted to avoid offending anyone, leaving him as some guy with a guitar and maybe a leather jacket.

I guess my objection to the pairing is that the two have virtually nothing in common. If the two were in a conversation together, what would they talk about? If Twilight is excited about learning some fact or about a new book coming out, for instance, Flash would have trouble sharing that excitement or discussing it with her. Couples need to be able to share things with each other and do things together. I can't really see that with her and Flash.

And that's not really intended as a hit against him. If we're talking about guard pony Flash here (is human Flash planning to join the army?), he's probably got plenty of experiences training and working with his barracks buddies and all the other stuff that's a part of being a guard. He would need a life partner that shares - or at least understands - that kind of life and who can appreciate it the way he does. He couldn't take a funny dirty barracks joke home to Twilight and expect her to "get it" and have a laugh together. Or at least I don't see it that way.

3946745 PREACH IT!!!!!!:raritystarry:

Yeah I'm with you.:pinkiecrazy:

3946624 okay, I don't really get why people ship twilight with the mane 6.:facehoof: gets me mad.:rainbowlaugh:
Flashlight is the only shipping that I think will be reality, you know?
And I love it:rainbowkiss:
So I agree!:rainbowdetermined2:

3946875 yeah, I agree with you.:trollestia:

3946533 To me, what I like about him is that he is a blank slate in my opinion. This is good for a fanfic writer like myself who can have fun coming up with characteristics, traits, quirks, etc for him. I'm more so talking about Pony!Flash because his human counterpart kinda technichally has a personality (he's a nice guy, not really an interesting personality, but it's there).

3946533 Flash has a lot of potential. He's kind of like a blank slate; we can make our OWN generalizations about him. But, this also kind of backfires, since it makes him seem like a "Gary Stu." However, it seems like the main reason why this fandom hates him is because he's a "Waifu Stealer.":facehoof: This is hilarious if you think about it.:rainbowlaugh:
I think Flash is cool! He really deserves more love in the fandom than he's given:heart:

Everypony here is saying he is a blank slate and has a lot of potential, or a waifu stealer, minus the guy who dislikes it.

even the guy who dislikes it says he is a blank slate.

the reason why they ship twiley with mane 6 its because they love lesbian couples and if i not mistaken they have a taste of paring twilight with the mane 6 so basicly its their taste to ship twilight etheir random pony,OCs,flash or even each of the mane 6 including spike too

The potential and possible conflict he brings.

Truth be told, there isn't much to like about him. There is very little canon information about his character. All we know is that he's generally a decent guy. That is all.

Though the reason why I like him is the same that's been mentioned before. He is a blank slate, free for us to shape and develop as we see fit.

And, just like BronyDragon, I am also a sucker for the "Lady and her Knight" thing.

3946745 It'll be nice if they actually do something with his personality in future media. Maybe though, he's meant to be somepony that the fandom can develop their own personality and character for him. I dunno. Flashlight is still one of my favorite ships.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 24