The Time Loop Trilogy 426 members · 6 stories
Comments ( 16 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 16

Happy Hearth's Warming day! I hope everyone out there is enjoying a nice, quiet holiday, with good food and family and presents and pony.

In the interests of increasing your stock of those final two, I wanted you all to be the first to hear the Official Announcementâ„¢ of a brand new, Eakin-approved Time Loop fic:

Hard Reset 2: Reset Harder

Twilight still isn't having a very good day. An army of changelings is attacking Canterlot, and the experimental spell that blew up in her face has stuck her in a time loop until she gets everything perfect and saves Equestria.

She's got a plan. She's also got a problem: Suddenly, she's not the only one whose day is repeating. And when you're caught between unstoppable force and immovable object, life has a tendency to get complicated.

Without further ado, a few answers to your questions:

> ANOTHER one? Is Eakin's sequelitis contagious?!?

Despite the name, no. Hard Reset 2 is an alternate-universe take on the TLT, branching off somewhere around Chapter 2 of Hard Reset. It's an all-new adventure, a loving homage, and a chance to turn the time shenanigans up to 11.

> Is this an official part of the TLT?

No, but Eakin's authorized it and has provided pre-reading assistance.

> Are you just retelling the same story?

Absolutely not. Even though Twilight's primary goal is still to save Canterlot from a changeling invasion, the plot of the original is derailed by the very first sentence — and Twilight faces new challenges not only from Chrysalis' ability to adapt to her plans, but also unexpected psychological and social difficulties with the nature of intersecting time loops. One of the story's recurring themes is the challenge of trusting memories.

> Where can I read this awesome thing?!

I will publish it on January 15, the one-year anniversary of Hard Reset. I've already got 10 chapters (30,000+ words) banked and will be releasing them on a regular schedule.

When it goes live, if the group moderators are willing, I can add it to the story list here so you don't have to follow me to see it.

Looking forward to offering up some delicious new time shenanigans!

Best,

Horizon

2458341 THIS PLEASES SHREK!!!

Hmm... this could be good. I wish you the best of luck, and look forward to the first chapter in January.

Christmas just keeps getting better and better

A reason to return to FimFiction :D

Eakin
Group Admin

Can confirm the Eakin-approvedness

Yes. All the Yes.

Sounds good to me. Especially if Chryssy isn't the only other looper.

Indeed, not just her! Without spoiling too much, the "unstoppable force and immovable object" of Twilight's fellow loopers are Chrysalis and Celestia.

When the story publishes it'll actually have the first two chapters live. I'll drop Chapter 1 (~2000 words) as a sneak preview in early January, around the time I float it to EqD.

Much excitement! I wish you luck in finishing writing it, Horizon.

2458435 2458692 2458962 2459350 2460025 2460094 2528942

I just dropped the first chapter over at Google Docs, if you'd like a further sneak preview!

Nine days to launch!

I think I'll wait for the completed chapter one. For that optimal time-loop experience, you know?

Spoiler alert.

I'm concerned by Celestia's actions. I felt they were rather callous, even knowing that Twilight was going to re-spawn.

You are right to be concerned. There's a logical explanation, but not necessarily a moral one. Celestia's actions and loop morality in general become major plot elements as the story unfolds.

Ah, good to know. :twilightsmile:

And just in case y'all missed it somehow, the story is up! :yay:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16