Sunset Shimmer 4,932 members · 6,767 stories
Comments ( 22 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 22

I got to say, I was listening to some of the Equestria Girl's songs earlier today and I really like Sunset's singing voice. I think it might actually be my favourite one.

5294477 Technically, Twilight's would also be your favorite then, since they're both voiced by Rebecca Schoichet, and sound very similar :P

But my favorite is definitely Rarity, even though Twi and Sunset are top 5 for sure.

I did know that they were the same person, however when she sings for Sunset she uses a deeper tone. Like you can really hear it in the Academia song when they do the little duet.

Around the 2:10 mark?

Hopefully Sunset would be given a solo number in a movie aside from 'The Past is not Today,' and that's not in a movie even. Sunset needs a solo.

Sunet is incredible.

Really, I would love to hear some of the other singers cover eachothers songs. Sunset doing Awesome As I Wanna Be would be brain-bustingly amazing.

5294571 I can see Sunset singing that as it does somewhat fit her personality. I think that although she become somewhat timid in RR, she is slowly coming out in FG and I think she would bounce back to being the leader type minus the negative aspect.

5294500 Oh, I know. I actually prefer her deeper voice a bit compared to Twilight's, but out of all the EQG singers, I gotta give it to these girls

Hearing her sing at the finale of Rainbow Rocks was what got many of us to like her.

Sunset's voice in general is amazing! It's kinda raspy?? Like is that how it's described? Either way, her voice is nice and her singing voice is just as nice!

5294508 I agree but then again my past is not today is arguably the best EG song and that's sunsets only solo lol

I do agree that Sunset need more solo music...or at least give her more singing chances...shit in friendship games she was supposed to have a duet with Sci twi and they cut it out (that movie would have done better with those scenes)

Sunset Shimmer/Twilight Sparkle is my favorite singing voice. Rarity’s my second favorite. :twilightsmile:

I love that song! :pinkiehappy: I have most of the song memorized. I also really like “A Friend For Life” from the first EG movie.

It's why I love her.

5294872 I think you mean Sunset's speaking voice; her singing voice actually is much closer to Twilight's speaking voice. I do like Sunset's raspy speaking voice--somehow there is something quite different about it.

I loved the duet Right There In Front Of Me then when I was listening to it again. I remembered that Rebecca was doing Twilight's and Sunset's singing voice. I bet that would've been really funny or weird.

5295093 Umm... do the first few lines of "Music in our Hearts" count?

IIRC, Rebecca Soichet stated in interview that she naturally gravitates to her Twilight voice when singing. She had to consciously sing differently for her full-throated Sunset rock-ballad-voice.

I like her song, embrace the magic

I really love Rebecca Choichet for her singing voice. The Fun thing is that my own singing voice is pretty similar to hers and I love sitting in my room and singing her voice and mimiking her every move... Wow I sound like a creep... nope still just a hardcore fan :pinkiecrazy:

Wonder what people think of Monday Blues with Rebecca Shoichet doing a duet with herself as Twilight and Sunset?

We also get more solo Sunset songs later on with Embrace the Magic and Let it Rain.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 22