Sunset Shimmer 4,932 members · 6,767 stories
Comments ( 43 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 43

A very noticeable lack of Sunset Shimmer.

4421634 I blame Obama for the lack of Sunset Shimmer.

4421637 Damn you Obama.

I'm pretty sure that's an impeachable offense. :trollestia:

POTUS Obama has nothing at all to do with the lack of Sunset Shimmer. The shorts were previously uploaded to YT and that was before Rainbow Rocks was even officially released. Did you somehow forget that?

Found the Obama, guys!

My name is to the left of this comment. My name is decidedly not Barack Obama and I am merely a provider of facts in this thread. The facts are:
- Sunset Shimmer's reputation was negative at the time the shorts were initially uploaded to YT. Rainbow Rocks, the film that heavily reversed her reputation, was officially released theatrically in late September, 2014.
- The shorts were uploaded from early-to-mid 2014 to promote the then-upcoming film. Today marked their first appearance on television.
- Therefore, Sunset Shimmer wouldn't logically appear in these shorts.

4421702 That whoosing sound is the joke going completely over your head.:facehoof:

It's over, Obama, give up. We have your FiMFic account. This is it.

4421741 My name is Jesse Coffey, not Barack Obama. I'm white. He is black. THERE IS A CONSIDERABLE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ME AND THE SITTING PRESIDENT?

4421745 Wait, Jesse? As in Jesse Pinkman? SCIENCE BITCH!

No, wait, I know it's you, Obama! You shall not fool me!

4421675 There are much, much worse crimes than this. There is NO WAY ON EARTH you can get impeached for failing to include somebody in a filmed project.

See? Obama is defending himself! Don't let him fool you, people! He is a sheep in a wolf's clothes! Fool me once, shame on Obama! Fool me twice, shame on him again!

4421747 The only person you are fooling is yourself.

Here's my profile:
- JESSE LEE COFFEY
- DOB: 10/04/1998 in Brooklyn, NY, NY
- Resides in Tucson, Arizona
- Supports, but neither has ties with the President nor is the President.

Comment posted by Ruby Rose deleted May 30th, 2015

4421773 That's just being immature.

Come on, we're just messing with Obama there. Just friendly bickering, right, Obama 4421764 ?

we never thought you were Obama!

The comments in parenthesis (4421741, 4421747, 4421753) have displayed evidence to the contrary. You should be ashamed of yourselves. Fact is, PRESIDENT OBAMA NEVER HAD ANYTHING TO DO WITH SUNSET SHIMMER'S DISAPPEARANCE FROM THESE SHORTS, WHICH WERE ALL UPLOADED BEFORE THE RELEASE OF RAINBOW ROCKS. NEXT TIME, GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT.

4421790 so wait if these shorts where supposed to come before the new movie why didn't they is the better question to ask?

4421794 Because today was the day these same shorts first aired on television.

What happened?

*rolls eyes*

The shorts were written and produced before the film proper was. We know the film went through one draft where Sunset's role was far smaller, and I suspect the shorts were put together during those early stages.

That said, back when they were first released, I was wondering where she was too.

4421819 Some people are outraged about the fact that the new(ly telecast) EQG! shorts do not feature Sunset Shimmer - even though all of the shorts that aired were originally posted BEFORE she became the famous performer that she is currently.

(orchestral buildup) At last...

- Etta James

(record scratching)

What? What? What happened to this wonderful record that caused the needle to scratch on it like that?

Ah well, glad to see somebody like you has their head on straight.

4421702 Someone doesn't understand what the hell a joke is :rainbowlaugh:
Stop taking things so seriously.

Oh, that.
I'm waiting for a EQG tv series.

4421790 Why don't you pull that stick out of your ass? They're kidding around and you're coming along being an asshole buzzkill.

4421877 It just baffles me that people like him are incapable of spotting a VERY OBVIOUS joke like the one I made, and instead have to act all uptight and explain how wrong we are :derpytongue2:

If you're talking about the ones that played on t.v. earlier today then those were the ones from last year, if you want shorts with Sunset Shimmer in them watch My Past is Not Today or Friendship Through The Ages.

4421914 I'm just sitting back and watching all this play out. Who will win? Will it be Obama? Or his enemies: The Republican bronies?? :rainbowlaugh:

4421851 I don't know about that, but I don't find the joke in this thread to be all that funny and I wasn't inclined to encourage it.

4421938 Find out on the next episode of... Thread Fails! *Closing credits music*

4421941 That is fair reasoning. He, on the other hand, was just being an uptight buzzkill regarding a silly joke. *Shrug*

Dammit, this thread gave me false hope that there were new EQG shorts up!

Q07

You guys do understand that he is also joking right? He decided to play the completely logical straight man to everybody else's whacked out accusations. It's all in the tone of his writing.

But see now I have a dilemma... I can't tell if you guys are actually mad at him or if you're just playing along as well. Whatever the case, I have said what I needed to say.

4423637 I only wish that were the case. I've seen this guy in the past; he's plagued with a rotten case of self-importance and tries to stress how right he is regarding everything.

I can't believe nobody in this thread has demanded to see a birth certificate yet. :trollestia:

4437027 Once again, I am not affiliated with or am the sitting President of the United States. I am merely a supporter of the President. That is it.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 43