Equestria Girls. NEVER HAPPENED 110 members · 16 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

Note: I copied this from a thread from The Writer's Group and I decided to bring it here. Is my review decent, because I don't do a lot of reviews as I used to. Anyway here it goes.

I did watch the movie and here is the entire plot of the movie in a nutshell.

"It's a cliche ridden movie and Hasbro didn't know how to pander to the 10-14 girls demographic they were targeting".

My problem goes with the fact that an High School AU is the entire setting of the movie and it breaks the willing suspension of disbelief.

First of all, you got two characters that the writers have pulled out of their asses that are very undeveloped. Sunset Shimmer is the more alpha bitchy version of Trixie. She's a card carrying villain and there is no reason why Sunset wants to take over Equestria. That's the next problem with that, there's so many pot holes (plot holes) that the plot is a mindscrew.

The next is Flash Sentry/Brad. Its another character that the writers pulled out of their ass to be added on the bus heading for a bus crash. He's supposed to act like a love interest for Twilight Sparkle but its very unrealistic and is one of the points where your willing suspension of disbelief is once again broken. A romance cannot stem within a few days time, its more like weeks for the quickest love. Personally, I think its a crush but a weak one at that.

Also, the "humans". They are pastel colored, which I don't like because I expected them to have normal skin colors but I think I can at least sympathize with Hasbro's decision. Since we fans don't like a humanized character having a different skin color (for example black or asian) and we throw a fit about it, I guess Hasbro had to do this in order to avoid further controversy. But yeah, it doesn't really look good on the screen.

Also, the next problem is with how the friends are all broken up. You get the idea but I really think that either the characters are stupid because how do you know that it is the genuine Fluttershy versus the imposter. Also one villain manipulating it is just too farfetched to be believed.

Then, the climax (or more appropriately the anti-climax). So you get the villain turned into one of Satan's demonspawns as well as Snips and Snails. So then Twilight Sparkle manages to use the elements to purify Sunset Shimmer. So there is no showdown other than the villain trying to throw a fireball at them. She was trying to murder them which brings me onto the next point.

Then, after her defeat, I don't like how the mane cast quickly forgives her even though she was an alpha bitch, manipulated her friends to unfriend each other, and trying to murder them. That is really weak writing right there. She should of been punished or something, not be given on how to be friends with one and another.

Finally, Twilight Sparkle heads back to the real Equestria universe and she blushes after bumping into Flash Sentry. So, there is this crush bullshit and all that stuff. And that is it.

So yeah, that wasn't a really good movie at all. Personally, if I was the writer or director of the movie, I would have the movie almost go to a total rewrite.

So, there you go, my honest and unbiased opinion on why the movie sucks.

Sabban
Group Admin

1447854 Sort of like that, yes. One thing I don't get about SS. How do you get popular in high school if you're a bitch and everyone knows it?
Also, this 'humanworld' of theirs is... well, more of an alternate Equestria. Those humans don't look like humans. How the hell did Twilight get in there in the first place? She's never attended a single class in that school. The supporting cast is downright retarded. I mean, who DOESN'T check who's texting them? :facehoof:
Ugh.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2