Beings with Super Powers 1,538 members · 1,127 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

Math has infinite possibilities. As such, if one can change math, one can change anything they desire - as long as they can figure out the equations behind what makes what work. Any being with the power to manipulate the very foundations of math itself can easily be considered to be one of the most dangerous combantants on - and off - the battlefield.

For example, a being with the power to manipulate math can travel almost instantaneously by altering the equation: Distance = Speed x Time. They can do so by increasing the Speed variable to a larger integer. They can also make an oppenent move slower by altering their mass with: Mass = Density x Volume.

A few known users are Brainiac 5, Prodigy, Nova, (Earth-616) Calculus, and Red King.

Typical limitations of the power include:
- User must be extremely proficient at numbers.
- Mathematically impossible situations can render the individual helpless, requiring outside assistance.
- Can be restricted to a certain facet of math like: Geometry, probability, etc. etc.

=-=-=~~~~~(((0)))~~~~~=-=-=-

I'm planning on this being an ongoing thing I could do in my spare time to bring forth powers that people might not have seen or heard of before. I chose mathematical manipulation because it's a power I picked for a superhero to have in a series I'm in the planning stages of writing. While still this power was not the first one I'm using - it's actually the last - it was the one I considered the most overpowered.

I'm doing this Interesting Powers thing primarily because of Meta having stopped doing the "Weekly Superpower Spotlight" from way-back-when. And I am always up for critiques and suggestions!

5590652 The Anti-Life Equation is basically a mathematical equation for the futility of life itself... jeezes, math is dangerous!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2