FIMFiction UserScripts 383 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 121 )
  • Viewing 101 - 150 of 121

I love the ability to use the filter options that are in browse in groups.

When I'm reading journals on the feed page and someone's got pictures which are also links, clicking on the icon to show the picture takes me to the link, which is rather annoying if I've then got to go back to the feed page and slowly scroll back down through all the things I've already seen. Is there a way to prevent this in some way, perhaps the link opening in a new tab while the picture is displayed like there's no link in it?

Request: Make [hr] black on the "medium light" background. Normally, they are the exact same color (this is visible by switching between light and medium light) and thus invisible. I've been missing a lot of section breaks in chapters lately and now I know why,

Selbi
Group Admin

Since this is such a small thing, just add this one line to any script that's being executed on a story page:

$("hr").css("background-color", "black");

That works. Thanks!

Hi, local nobody here. I was just wondering about something. Considering that groups have a "Join" button, how complicated would a "block" button be, something that keeps stories in those groups from being viewable to that user?

Hey there, I hope someone is still taking requests.

I was wondering (I've already asked a mod about this, but maybe it can be done via script) about a way to list all stories you've ever read on your account. That is, either every story you rated, or even every story you ever clicked on, ideally via an option in the browse menu. I don't see any other way to regain track of stuff that I don't remember the name of.

Twilight-the-Pony
Group Contributor

Unfortunately, this isn't possible as far as I know. The API itself doesn't allow you to do that, and there's no list of things you've read / upvoted, unless you stuff them into the bookshelf.

It's too bad. I would like to see an auto-generated bookshelf for that.
~Twi

Selbi
Group Admin

More specifically, this is actually possible, but unfortunately not allowed. You would basically have to write a script that opens up every single story page (over 314k as of this comment). Not only would that take forever, if we assume that a page loads in roughly one second, you would still need to wait about four days.

But what puts the nail in the coffin is that FIMFic banned scripts that send automatic page queries, as that stuff overloaded their servers more than once.

Sorry.

Twilight-the-Pony
Group Contributor

Heh. I didn't take brute-forcing into the count, because, you know, the obvious reasons.

I kind of sort of think that DDoS-ing the server on a regular basis would kind of void the purpose of the script xD
~Twi

FIMFic banned scripts that send automatic page queries,

I'm sorry, this is really old, but wha?! Where is this stated? My Fimfiction to EPUB script sends automatic page queries, and I looked before doing that but wasn't able to find any terms of service or anything. Just the rules, which are more about conduct towards other people than towards the servers.

Edit: Okay, I went and found it myself. Scripts that send more than one request per user action are forbidden. I'll have to modify my script, but its core functionality can be handled with just one request.

I know basically all scripts have broken with this latest update, but this and one other are the ones I already miss most. Any way you could fix this for the new layout? (I tried fixing it myself with no luck.)

Minor thing, but a few character tags are no longer there, one of which being the pony Shadowbolts from season one, can we get them back up please?

after seeing userscript-prevent-fimfiction-40-paragraph-selection.
There was a nice function, you click a paragraph, it scrolls up to the top. Please?

Selbi
Group Admin

You mean this? Yeah, that was mine. I might fix it one day, but for now can't really be bothered. If anyone wants to go ahead and fix it, feel free to.

The essential part of the script is only like three lines or so anyway. Most of it is just some CSS candy that became pretty much obsolete with the new FIMFic update.

Suggestion: script/style to remove all the new "Patreon [level] Sponsor" spam all over the site.

uBlock filters:

www.fimfiction.net##.patreon-sponsor-gold.patreon-sponsor
www.fimfiction.net##.patreon-sponsor-silver.patreon-sponsor
www.fimfiction.net##.patreon-sponsor-bronze.patreon-sponsor
www.fimfiction.net##.patreon-sponsor-fimfictioneer.patreon-sponsor

Hello. First I need to apologize. I'm here because someone from the Fimfic discord directed me here, but what I'm asking for isn't related to Fimfic but DA. I know diddly squat about scripts and stuff like this so I have no idea who to turn to.

I'm looking for a script or extension for DeviantArt. Long story short, I'm looking for a way to block thumbnails of certain artists. Sometimes their art distracts me and I'm looking for a way to keep a blind eye towards them. I don't go to this person's account but it doesn't mean much when their art is always on the front page of the site. If anyone here can help me I'd be forever grateful. Thanks!

• Viewing 101 - 150 of 121