FIMFiction UserScripts 383 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6
Selbi
Group Admin

Inspired by one of Regidar's more recent blog posts, and also because it has been annoying me for quite some time too, I've decided to throw together this quick script.

Its features are in the title: All images with a link have those removed so you can safely click on the expand button without having to worry about immediately getting redirected to another page. Instead, those links are conveniently placed below that picture with a small button.

Additionally, all embedded YouTube videos will be killed and also replaced with a small button. This should significantly speed up loading times if blog entries with a lot of videos are in the feed queue.

Fun fact: this button already exists. Only on the mobile version, however. Kinda makes sense, too; watching embedded videos on a smartphone is painful to enjoy.

Note to other scriptwriters:
To make the script work even when scrolling down or refreshing, I had to create an event listener, sort of. Right now this works by simply checking for a changed container height every second because I didn't know any better method. If anyone knows how to do it more efficiently, please tell me!

Sollace
Group Admin

I know that feel. I used to have the same problem with linked images as well.

--Sollace

4330446 Now I'm curious. What did I bring to Daemon of Decay's attention? :rainbowhuh:

Selbi
Group Admin

I'm not sure I understand your question. You mean why I took a screenshot of one of his blogs? That was actually just to demonstrate the YouTube button. I simply scrolled through my feed until I found the first best example.

4337286 look at the bottom of the second example picture. He's thanking me for something.

Selbi
Group Admin

4337754 Oh, that. A YouTube video, I guess. Dunno.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6