FIMFiction UserScripts 383 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15
yrfoxtaur
Group Contributor

just a simple script to make the colors more pleasant, or at least for me.

I made it a long while ago, but it should still work.
Get it here. https://userscripts-mirror.org/scripts/show/153894

How do you activate it?

Selbi
Group Admin

You're damn right this makes it look more pleasant. Good work!

Also, good thinking to directly put this on Userscripts.org. I should do that as well, actually...

yrfoxtaur
Group Contributor

Depends on which browser you are using. most browsers support userscripts, either natively or through an extension. Even IE has extensions that support userscripts, though they all seem defunct currently.

afaik, mobile browsers don't support userscripts.

if you go to the download page I linked earlier, you'll see some basic instructions. there are also some in the sticky thread here on this group.

ssokolow
Group Contributor

Apparently there's a version of TamperMonkey for Android as well as another userscript host named OilCan.

Also, a Greasemonkey version for Firefox Mobile is in development and the classic version of Opera Mobile supports userscripts.

To get it working in Opera, go to opera:config, search the value of "user javascript", point it to a folder with your *.user.js files and it should load the userscripts.

ssokolow
Group Contributor

Would you mind if I wrote a version of this in pure CSS for Stylish and put it up on my Userstyles.org account? They support templated styles where you put in placeholder tokens for things like colors and images and then the download page offers the user a customization GUI.

yrfoxtaur
Group Contributor

2333027 Go right ahead!

I kinda wanted to do it myself when I saw your post, but really, the only original part is picking LemonChiffon for the main bg color, and that purply blue for the gradient. The gradient only differs from the one the site had then by color.

(ooh, there's a version of stylish for mobile firefox! I eagerly await the results!)

ssokolow
Group Contributor

You might have to wait a little longer. I'm a bit of a perfectionist and the CSS you used is producing an ugly vertical tiling effect on the gradient in the default look so I'm trying to perfect your look for use as a default before I release it.

EDIT: It looks like divBGColor may no longer have an effect. Which divs, specifically, is it supposed to apply to?

yrfoxtaur
Group Contributor

2333303 oh dear. ordinarily I am a bit of a perfectionist myself. I had hoped it was just a bug in my nightly build browser.

I think that it must be a rule in the site's existing css that wasn't there before.

when I posted the script, I did a test on my tablet by scraping the relevant bits of the script into a bookmarklet, and noticed the effect you describe. I said to myself:

It's getting late, and this is firefox aurora on a tablet. if that effect is present on other browsers, they'll tell you, and you can fix it in the morning.

imma go figure it out, now.

ETA: I don't remember exactly. I think it might have been the full view story details ones, at that time they had a nasty greyish color, and I went and took a warmer one out of one of the rules for the compact view.

ssokolow
Group Contributor

Don't bother. I've already fixed the tiling. I just need to know which divs are supposed to be modified by divBGColor.

EDIT: Do you mind if I just remove that rule, then? Everything else is ready aside from subbing in the placeholder tokens for userstyles.org.

yrfoxtaur
Group Contributor

hey man, it's going up on your page. go for it.

How did you fix the tiling? because I determined just now that it was being caused by

html{height:100%; !important}

but I haven't figured out exactly how to override it. "height:default;"?

ssokolow
Group Contributor

Here you go. One Stylish style with a nice, versatile control panel.

Userstyles.org - FiMFiction.net Recolorizer

The preview screenshot is set to "automatically generated" so it'll take a day or two before it shows up.

EDIT: On second thought, I'll use a 50% scale copy of your screenshot since the auto-generated one wouldn't be cropped that nicely. (50% scale because full-size is over the 100KiB limit and I don't want to JPEG it)

I fixed the tiling by setting the gradient to not tile and then setting the background color to match the bottom of the gradient. Simple and effective.

ssokolow
Group Contributor

So... what do you think? :unsuresweetie:

yrfoxtaur
Group Contributor

I love it!

I didn't get notified of your reply, for some reason, but I went to userstyles.org and saw it there, so I came back to see if I'd missed something.

excellently done.:pinkiehappy:

ssokolow
Group Contributor

Glad to hear it. I just re-uploaded another style you might want to try. It's linked from the Notes section of the Recolorizer page but here's the direct link: userstyles.org - blue/tan/white color scheme (re)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15