FIMFiction UserScripts 383 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 33 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 33
Sollace
Group Admin

Adds a button to the main toolbar that generates a random story prompt.

Latest Version: 1.6.1

More information and a download link are available at the Download Page.

3757835 Where is it meant to appear?

Sollace
Group Admin

The buttons appears in the main toolbar at the top of the page. I've also added another screenshot.

--Sollace

3757877 Huh. Not seeing it. Google chrome 38.0.2125.104

Sollace
Group Admin

Perhaps I should mention that I did also update it along with making this thread. I just haven't considered making a blog post since it's such a minor script. It's currently version 1.3.1.

--Sollace

"Diamond Tiara is the element of murder"
"Photo Finish buys drugs"
"Button Mash gets a new wing"
"Carrot Top cheats on MMMMM"
"Aliens invade the Moon."
"The Master is a Doctor Pimp."

It's pretty much a Noun/Pronoun+verb+Noun/Pronoun generator isn't it?

"Queen Crysalis invented banks"
You might wanna fix some typos.

I think you'll also want to expand the word bank, cause I'm seeing the same things pop up again and again.

Sollace
Group Admin

Pretty much, although it does have more patterns than you've shown there.

This is actually one of my oldest scripts I've decided to start updating again. I'll definitely be adding more terms and such.

--Sollace

Alright sweet then.

Sollace
Group Admin

Here's a sample of one of the things it can generate now:
"The Changelings use The Element of Deceit to defeat Nightmare Spoon"

--Sollace

Fucking nice, bruh. Is the new version up yet tho?

edit: news flash!
"an alien dies a alicorn amulet"

Sollace
Group Admin

My god...

Yes, it is now. I'm probably going redo a lot of its dictionary though.

--Sollace

Sollace
Group Admin

Updated with some more combinations. And an improved prompt window.

--Sollace

Sollace
Group Admin

And updated again with a ton more names and terms, some improvements to the patterns. I also fixed the button not appearing when logged off.

After this I think Prompt Maker will fall into the same update cycle as my other scripts and thus updates will appear over in my blog posts when they happen.

--Sollace

arcum42
Group Admin

Hmm... it really needs some logic for who is a colt and who is a filly. I keep getting things like "Filly Shining Armour's wings are fake.".

--arcum42

Sollace
Group Admin

One could also argue that it could use some distinction between what race a pony is but, eh.

--Sollace

3757835 I've gotten quite a few bizarre prompts with this, but this one really takes the cake:

I'm not asking for a more complicated prompt generator (even a basic one is a ton of work), but... how would you even make a story out of that?

Sunset Shimmer grows one wing. ONE

3809054 After graduating highschool she goes on to join the marines and rises to the rank of colonel, commanding a wing of elite fighter pilots in the Second Sino-American war.

Or when she was young, she was born with a vestigal wing and had to keep it hidden. Now the wing is trying to grow back.

Or... well the possibilities are only limited by your imagination. Prompts are just something to kick-start the creative process.

3809072 I was interpreting the prompt a little bit more literally than I should have because it was humorous. To me, at least.
3809061 Yeah, I had already anticipated this response.

arcum42
Group Admin

I'm always the sort that hits the prompt button until something I personally find interesting comes up, like "Nightmare Dinky comes to The Moon.". I agree that there are a number of prompts that are pretty difficult to work with.

(Though I suppose you could have Princess Sunset Shimmer as an alicorn.)

--arcum42

Sollace
Group Admin

I think everyone else has about covered it. I do want to point out you seem to be running an old version of Prompt Maker. The newer one has a lot more variations.

--Sollace

This is a really amusing toy.

Also, "politician" is misspelled as "politition" in at least one case (X is a Serial Killing Politition!).

Sollace
Group Admin

Thanks, it'll be fixed in the next update. :twilightblush:

--Sollace

3809881 I could have sworn it updated just yesterday. I'll try updating it again.
EDIT: I'm pretty sure you misspelled Rumble as Runble.

Sollace
Group Admin

Yeah, I saw that one. I've already corrected it in my dev version.

Also I find the update mechanism for greasemonkey to be a bit odd. It mostly refuses work for me and I have to reinstall the script completely.

--Sollace

Caught another one.

Equestria and Canterlot High switch whilst Adult Berry Pinch uses contraceptives.

I think it's supposed to be "Berry Punch" here?

3825683 No, that one's intentional.
It's referring to this pony:

Sollace
Group Admin

Going to post here too since I don't think people here will read my blog.

I've updated Prompt Maker with a few more terms, and some rebalancing. I'm also taking suggestions for any terms that aren't already in it.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 33