Random Romance 368 members · 37 stories
Comments ( 47 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 47
Danger Beans
Group Admin

WELCOME TO REQUEST ROULETTE!!!

[source]

It works like this: every month we pull names from the Prompt Hats, as per the usual, but every other month, we pull names from a different hat; one filled with requests. Every request is given a number This keeps the prompts Random and gives our members (that's you) a fair chance to see any pairs they'd really like to see. This new hat shall be called: The Bowler Hat.

Rules
1.) Every Member Gets One Nomination at a time. You can change your nomination at any time by PM or post, but you cannot have more than one pair entered in the Roulette at once. If your Nomination is picked as the prompt, it will be cleared from the Roster.

2.) No "Overdone" ships. The following pairs will not be accepted as nominations: Trixie-Twilight, Twilight-Luna, Octavia-Vinyl, Applejack-Rainbow Dash, and Lyra--Bon-Bon. I'm sure I'll be adding more as time goes on. If you have any suggestions let me know.

3.) Anything goes. Whereas our other method for drawing prompts restricted the pool of possible shipping pairs to one foreground character and one background character, for the Roulette, any combinations of characters that you really want to see are up for grabs.

4.) No doubling up. You cannot enter in any pair that is currently in the roster already. For example, if you see PinkiexDerpy already entered in the roulette, you cannot nominate DerpyxPinkie yourself.

5.) Foal pairings can be nominated, with the understanding that they will be arbitrarily aged up. EX- if you nominate Diamond Tiara x Apple Bloom, and that gets chosen for a prompt, then the contest will be to ship them as ADULTS.

The pairs in the Roster Have already been nominated by a member of the group, and at the end of the month we will randomly select one of the pairs in the Roster via lottery, and that will be chosen as the prompt every other month. Any nominations should be for a pair that you would like to see as a prompt that is not currently in the Roster.

Request Roulette Roster
1-Cadence x Twilight
2-Trixie x Derpy
3-Fleur x Fluttershy
4-Flim & Flam x Aloe and Lotus
5-Applejack x Fancypants
6-Trixie x Fluttershy
7-Celestia x Pony Joe
8-Fleur x Big Mac
9-Twilight x Upper Crust
10-Rarity x Luna
11-Big Mac x Shining Armor
12-Octavia x Trixie
13-Babs Seed x Spike
14-Pinkie x Vinyl
15-Derpy x Cheerilee
16-Octavia x Cheerilee
17-Spitfire x Applejack
18-Trixie x Big Mac
19-Fluttershy x Cadence
20-Pinkie x Luna
21-Blueblood x Lyra
22-Trixe x Cadence
23-Vinyl Scratch x Derpy
24-Sunset Shimmer x Shining Armor
25-Pinkie x Trixie
26-Futtershy x Braeburn
27-Twilight x Vinyl Scratch
28-Spike x Rainbow Dash
29-Time Turner/Dr. Whooves x Octavia
30-Luna x Rainbow Dash
31-Celestia x Trixie
32-Blueblood x Granny Smith
33-Derpy x Mayor Mare
34-Lyra Heartstrings x Vinyl Scratch
35-Time Turner/Doctor Whooves x Rainbow Dash
36-Big Macintosh x Cherry Jubilee
37-Berry Punch x Applejack
38-Cherry Jubilee x Cheerilee
39-Fluttershy x Sunset Shimmer
As always, if you have any questions, suggestions, or complaints, just let me know.

Just to clarify: we have to PM our nominations?

I was so going to vote for Trixie x Derpy if it wasn't already up there.:pinkiehappy:

Danger Beans
Group Admin

Only If you wish to be anonymous, I check all the threads once a week. I would just prefer people to PM me to change their nominations.

Cadance x Shining Armour.
:trollestia:

Ahem, how about Babs Seed x Spike?

1507913 Well, in that case, Derpy x Cheerilee

How about Spitfire x Applejack?

I like Fluttershy and Cadance.

Ooh, I'm rooting for that Fancypants x AJ one, ever since I saw someone art those two over on derpiboru. Or SoulFyre's Spitfire x AJ looks neat, too.

Although.. Would it be horrible of me to suggest Blueblood x Lyra? :rainbowhuh:

I heard about this ship roulette thing, and thought I'd check out the group while I'm here...

can I put in Pinkie x Trixie? or, if that's taken, Pinkie x Braeburn?

I dare you to make this a prompt.

Flutterhsy and Braeburn or Lyra and Discord.

Danger Beans
Group Admin

1508276>>1508666>>1508950>>1510974>>1513397>>1514512>>1516715>>1613733

All right, you've all been heard.

1613733 "APPLEOOOOOOSA!" "...Oh, my..."

Me likey. :rainbowlaugh:

Lyra and Discord has been my OTP for awhile. XD

DERPY X VINYL!!! That would make an EPIC pair.

Hmm something truly random, something so unexpected that people would shudder from such power!
Oh I know!
Blueblood x Granny Smith

SpikeDash. :rainbowkiss:

1507140 I've randomly determined, to further the randomness, and the numbers say Derpy x Cheerilee!

SombraShy... if it's not too much to ask :yay:

1638804 Uhhhh.... I dunno Luna x Rainbow Dash? LunaDash is my OTP cause its barely written

Danger Beans
Group Admin

2103853 Ironically, I recently came up with a new one and people seemed to show interest. Since my vote has already been heard I'll just link you there for the positive reception.

Daring Deux
Group Contributor

I didn't realize we could suggest pairs until I realized babs and spike weren't in the cards, so to speak.

I can see my crackship of choice actually is already in the roulette. Well then.

Um.

Octavia x Cheerilee

Also, I hardly think Celestia x Luna is "random. It has a couple groups dedicated to it. (see: this group and this group) and also breaks one of the rules.

5.) No Incest, or foalcon. EX - you cannot make a story about Trixie and Lyra, being sisters or foals. And submit it if we have a Lyra x Trixie contest.

PaulAsaran
Group Admin

Also, I hardly think Celestia x Luna is "random. It has a couple groups dedicated to it. (see: this group and this group) and also breaks one of the rules.

Randomness is not a question of commonality. It's just picking a pairing without any purpose behind the picking. The fact that LunaXCelestia is common is not an issue; so is TwilightXCadance. So long as the couple was chosen in an unintentional, unplanned fashion, it counts.

BUT

You raise an excellent point in the incest part. That does disqualify the pairing, I'm afraid.

Danger Beans
Group Admin

Don't know how I missed that one, well to err is legume; I've replaced Luna X Celestia with Sparkle's nomination.

I can't believe I'm suggesting this: Derpy x Mayor Mare

TimeLord_Whooves
Group Contributor

I can't believe I forgot to do this until just now...
Can we get some Time Turner/Dr. Whooves x Octavia in here? Please? :fluttershysad:

Spike x Princess Celestia.

1507140 Vinyl Scratch x The Great & Powerful Trixie.

Whoever put up LunaPie, you're one step ahead of me. But honestly I wanna do like three fourths of these. There's not enough Rarity on this list though, so Rarity x Discord For The Win! :raritystarry:

Time Turner/Rainbow Dash.

PaulAsaran
Group Admin

Just checking, but didn't we ban Discord as a villain?

Considering he's probably not a villain anymore, perhaps it's time to lift that ban?

Danger Beans
Group Admin

Yes, yes we did. Also, I noticed that Lyra x Sombra is up there . . . :facehoof:

oops.

PaulAsaran
Group Admin

But the question remains: now that Discord's more or less abandoned his villainous ways (thanks to the Season 4 FiascoFinale) should we start permitting him?

Danger Beans
Group Admin

I think Fluttershy said it best. [Link]

PaulAsaran
Group Admin

Aww, poor Discord. Oh well, I guess he'll just have to prove himself in Season 5.

Can we put Big Mac and Cherry Jubilee on the list? I'd love to see this done.

Cherry Jubilee x Cheerilee, or Fluttershy x Sunset Shimmer, or Sparkler x Celestia or... that's all I have.

I see a distinct lack of Berry Punch in this list. To correct this, I would like to nominate Berry Punch x Applejack.

PaulAsaran
Group Admin

I really approve of this! I can just see the intense drama of Berry loving AJ for her cider, they get married... then have a divorce because Berry drinks the cider faster than they can sell it, leading to a starving Apple Family in the winter. :trollestia:

Do Spike and Dinky Doo! I've never read a fic with them in it!:pinkiehappy:

I think you should do Aloe Vera x Roseluck, Luna x Pony Joe, or Trixie x Blueblood:pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

1507140 I would like to nominate SpikeXMaud.

I was just re reading the contest rules to make sure that there weren't problems with my story, and then I noticed the rule of not Foalcon. I'm okay with it, but is there a possibility to have a pairing with , let's say, Apple Bloom x Silver Spoon, but both of them are over 18 years old, is it possible to have a contest with them?

Or if for example, the pairing is Sweetie Belle x Rainbow Dash. What if a future version of Sweetie Belle learned a time travel spell that allowed her go back. For this kind of pairings, maybe there could be an special rule. Both ponies must be mentally and physically mature. That would make it against the rules if, for example, Scootaloo drinks a potion that made her temporarily older. Or in Case a mare turned herself younger with a spell.

If this can't be done, then I have no problem, if it can be done, nice.

1507140 Trixie X Lightning Dust.
OTP.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 47